Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

I totally agree with you. You're right. It just amazes me that TW doesn't make the slightest effort to change it.
The amount of people here with the tag ‘recruit’ sums it all up really. I never thought I would take to a forum, I am quite shy online really…

I think the kicker really is the lack of communication.
the kicker is not the lack of communication the kicker is that things that are mentioned in the patch notes as "fixed" are actually not and that we are playing an unbelievable unfinished game as a "full release" version. this afffects both console and pc warriors and is frustrating to see as so many parts of the community, that are somehow involved into the progress because they are reporting issues everywhere are left in shambles. as the core problems (tribute system, politics, party/army leader ai, battle ai (strategies), reinforcement system and placement, sieges, garisson deployment, economy, battle order system, multiplayer, servers) still remain in a terrible condition.

communication is not necessary if there is nothing to communicate.

like when is the next patch comming? how the f should anyone know when devs dont know how long it will take to solve a problem?
people are just mad because someone is not answering their question immediatly like taleworlds would be their parents.
it's great to see that people care but maybe they dont respond because they are busy fixing stuff and maybe no response is a sort of information too. i have never seen taleworlds -respectfully the community managers- not responding to requests if they have information to share.
have you ever imagined that the pressure being applied with constant release requests is not making anything better?

the kicker is not the lack of communication the kicker is that things that are mentioned in the patch notes as "fixed" are actually not and that we are playing an unbelievable unfinished game as a "full release" version. this afffects both console and pc warriors and is frustrating to see as so many parts of the community, that are somehow involved into the progress because they are reporting issues everywhere are left in shambles. as the core problems (tribute system, politics, party/army leader ai, battle ai (strategies), reinforcement system and placement, sieges, garisson deployment, economy, battle order system, multiplayer, servers) still remain in a terrible condition.

communication is not necessary if there is nothing to communicate.

like when is the next patch comming? how the f should anyone know when devs dont know how long it will take to solve a problem?
people are just mad because someone is not answering their question immediatly like taleworlds would be their parents.
it's great to see that people care but maybe they dont respond because they are busy fixing stuff and maybe no response is a sort of information too. i have never seen taleworlds -respectfully the community managers- not responding to requests if they have information to share.
have you ever imagined that the pressure being applied with constant release requests is not making anything better?
To be fair, most of us here probably work in an office providing some sort of service or good. In every company (I am not promiscuous with my jobs haha, every = 3) I have worked at, human nature will more or less dictate that if there is no pressure in some aspects of the job, you will ease off the gas in that area and apply your efforts to the pressing matter (a deadline from your boss etc). All I am, and others in this thread are doing is trying to get the devs to feel the need to communicate because that is a core component of this forum. In fact pressure is an extremely effective motivator in general life. I know you may say the devs are sat there laughing at me/us and whatever I do won’t Make a difference. You are probably right of course but it will make more of a difference than doing nothing. TW is not a polished corporate entity relative to EA or Rockstar, there may be a lone dev reading this who feels some solidarity and wants to help. I presume it is not some facist censored hell hole - I hope.

I would not care about bugs, the game is already buggy, as a console user it is extremely frustrating to not even have a cheap imitation of pc cheats. Cheats are an extremely effective way of mitigating game destroying bugs and achieving a satisfying, fun experience.

As to the information point, the information that they have no information to give is informative! I would absolutely appreciate them posting here that they have no idea how long it will take to go live and that they presumably must be finding it really difficult and hard to fix it.

i dont think that you can transfer the "standard" company pressure to a game studio. games/software development needs time, testing and a lot of workforce, especially within ai-driven sandbox titles like bannerlord. pressure isn't always helpful. look at all the rushed games: cyberpunk, vampire bloodlines, no mans sky, and of course bannerlord. they all fell off not just because of internal factors but also because of community demands of release.
in case of bannerlord you can clearly see a rushed structure throughout the recent patches, with barely any patch being released with complete functional notes. remember the release version of the game? troops where spawning in front of the walls of sieges, compared to 1.9.0 voice acting has been added and afterwards the early access cycle of beta patches continued - because it is needed. now how are community demands of releases are helpful there? the release version was barely making any difference to early access. a hoax. what iam trying to say is that pressure can turn into bad as soon as you have the feel of release pressure of no matter what.

now look at the big player devs like rockstar, nintendo, valve. do you think they ever gave a damn about outside pressure and respond to anyone? they release when it's ready (to be fair - because they can) and it's their mentality since day 1. they dont spill any beans until its worth it.

in the end it's managers responsibility
As to the information point, the information that they have no information to give is informative! I would absolutely appreciate them posting here that they have no idea how long it will take to go live and that they presumably must be finding it really difficult and hard to fix it.

iam totally with you there, but sadly the internet isnt working like that. in the past community managers said several times that things do need more time and things are released as soon as possible. its not like taleworlds hasnt done this several times especially here in the forum. guess who didnt cared about the answer and continued with release demands? guess who was turning that response into criticism #soon ? guess who is still saying there is a lack of communication? the community. so you better say nothing if you have nothing to say.

dont get me wrong i dont want to say that the community is responsible for the condition of bannerlord.
i just try to explain possible reasons for lacking communication and that the real problem is simply somewhere else. the problem is the game quality. if the quality of the game would be good you wouldnt need to communicate in the first place.

Last edited:
my friend i do think that if there is any pressure being applied with the forum entries, then it would be a secondary thing, so no worries. but see it as a whole: if pressure is getting laid on social media like youtube, twitter, reddit, etc. then it could have an impact, leaving out other aspects like economical pressure and timewindows.
i do understand what you are trying to tell me and it completely makes sense, but i dont think that you can transfer the "standard" company pressure to a game studio. games/software development needs time, testing and a lot of workforce, especially within ai-driven sandbox titles like bannerlord. pressure isn't always helpful. look at all the rushed games: cyberpunk, vampire bloodlines, no mans sky, and of course bannerlord. they all fell off not just because of internal factors but also because of community demands of release. in case of bannerlord you can clearly see a rushed structure throughout the recent patches, with barely any patch being released with complete functional notes. what iam trying to say is that pressure can turn into bad as soon as you have the feel of release pressure.

iam totally with you there, but sadly the internet isnt working like that. in the past community managers said several times that things do need more time and things are released as soon as possible. its not like taleworld hasnt done this several times especially here in the forum. guess who didnt cared about the answer and continued with release demands? guess who was turning that response into criticism #soon ? the community. so you better say nothing if you have nothing to say.
Yeah fair enough I agree with you. I just want access to cheats or cheat like system. Unfortunately don’t have the money for a pc and its a bit short sighted to buy it for only one game. I am quite a relaxed player and don't care at all about the bugs XD.

Yeah fair enough I agree with you. I just want access to cheats or cheat like system. Unfortunately don’t have the money for a pc and its a bit short sighted to buy it for only one game. I am quite a relaxed player and don't care at all about the bugs XD.
gotcha. there is nothing wrong with that at all. just wanted to explain how things are to me.

from what i can tell you is that 1.2.0 is a great patch once things are sorted out. sadly the things that need to get sorted need a lot of time as the issues are seemingly complicated and longtime overdue. thanks for reading through all that wall of text and understanding, you are kind!

gotcha. there is nothing wrong with that at all. just wanted to explain how things are to me.

from what i can tell you is that 1.2.0 is a great patch once things are sorted out. sadly the things that need to get sorted need a lot of time as the issues are seemingly complicated and longtime overdue. thanks for reading through all that wall of text and understanding, you are kind!
Hahahah it’s no problem. I am new to this (forums etc). You are kind too. Life is hard and Bannerlord is an escape. I am so stupid because I bought bannerlord after reading the announcement in June saying that it had cheats for console (I am a console player and did not understand beta update, so I assumed it was just a new update). I feel so silly, had I known I would have waited until 1.2 went live and I would have avoided all this frustration and stress, unfortunately, the game is too addictive! XD

I just want to play my game again.

I haven't played in months. Their 1.1.x patch broke so many core game features that are important to me that only got fixed in 1.2.x (seemingly).

And most mods won't update for a beta version so playing a (broken) beta version is also out of the question.

So it's been at least 6 months now and counting. And this for a game that is supposedly "officially released".

Ironically I played much more during the two years of EA.

Hahahah it’s no problem. I am new to this (forums etc). You are kind too. Life is hard and Bannerlord is an escape. I am so stupid because I bought bannerlord after reading the announcement in June saying that it had cheats for console (I am a console player and did not understand beta update, so I assumed it was just a new update). I feel so silly, had I known I would have waited until 1.2 went live and I would have avoided all this frustration and stress, unfortunately, the game is too addictive! XD
it truly is. if you have no things left to do i can recommend playing as a bandit and trying out the alley feature which is available in towns for the time waiting. opens up a whole new approach.

I haven't played in months. Their 1.1.x patch broke so many core game features that are important to me that only got fixed in 1.2.x (seemingly).

And most mods won't update for a beta version so playing a (broken) beta version is also out of the question.

So it's been at least 6 months now and counting. And this for a game that is supposedly "officially released".

true, true, true

to me release is a sad desaster. even though i like all of the new features and ideas(alleys, weather effects, legendary weapon drops, etc) they all cant really shine thanks to the broken soil they where put on.

it truly is. if you have no things left to do i can recommend playing as a bandit and trying out the alley feature which is available in towns for the time waiting. opens up a whole new approach.

true, true, true

to me release is a sad desaster. even though i like all of the new features and ideas(alleys, weather effects, legendary weapon drops, etc) they all cant really shine thanks to the broken soil they where put on.
C’est la vie.. :smile:. Oh well, we wait

I think, for the most part, many have just simply moved on; momentum completely dropped off after 'full release'. While it was still in EA (it honestly still is despite 'full release'), there was this layer of 'copium' or hope of that expectant major patch with release that would resolve many gripes we had with it since 3+ years ago.
They just kept doing whatever they were doing, pushing it to full release anyways, adding barebone features, abandoning QoL to barebone features added just a patch prior, etc...yet it's still as buggy/depthless as it was prior to the release. Pacing prior to that official release was poor but it was what it was; as I assumed, it would only get worse once they got their second cash flow influx from the 'full release'; and whatever bs 'companion' DLC they put out. Which is where we are now.

I have zero expectations now, TW just needs to finish the damn game or they need to call it 'complete'. It's still being dragged/lead on with these 'beta' versions, console hold ups, non-communication, etc...; worse for those depending on mods to 'fix' the issues of the base game. It's no different from many EA games that get dragged along until it's just forgotten about. They know what they released so far is subpar, but they are still grasping onto the 'upcoming patches' to mitigate whatever criticism is deserved the poor/rushed release state.

I think, for the most part, many have just simply moved on; momentum completely dropped off after 'full release'. While it was still in EA (it honestly still is despite 'full release'), there was this layer of 'copium' or hope of that expectant major patch with release that would resolve many gripes we had with it since 3+ years ago.
They just kept doing whatever they were doing, pushing it to full release anyways, adding barebone features, abandoning QoL to barebone features added just a patch prior, etc...yet it's still as buggy/depthless as it was prior to the release. Pacing prior to that official release was poor but it was what it was; as I assumed, it would only get worse once they got their second cash flow influx from the 'full release'; and whatever bs 'companion' DLC they put out. Which is where we are now.

I have zero expectations now, TW just needs to finish the damn game or they need to call it 'complete'. It's still being dragged/lead on with these 'beta' versions, console hold ups, non-communication, etc...; worse for those depending on mods to 'fix' the issues of the base game. It's no different from many EA games that get dragged along until it's just forgotten about. They know what they released so far is subpar, but they are still grasping onto the 'upcoming patches' to mitigate whatever criticism is deserved the poor/rushed release state.
Spot on to be fair. I honestly find it sort of crazy the lack of communication. The headquarters are based in Turkey according to Google. Maybe something is going on.

Back
Top Bottom