Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

I find it funny how after a year of geniune negligence to the important features and fixes this game requires all Taleworlds does is throw us a cool animation and all of you fall for it lmao, this game is doomed
No need to be a doomer all the time, we can criticize what is missing/they are neglecting while at the same time praising when they do something good and right, this patch seems good, fixes lots of things instead of breaking more like the previous beta, add a few cool new ones like the intro, stances, scenes etc.

We have specific threads to complain about things and nothing forbids you or anyone else for making more, i've made my fair share of them like the paper armors issue :smile:

Please elaborate for I have not played the game yet.
Bannerlord already lacks features from Warband (conspiring with lords, feasts, bandit variety and manhunters, there is a whole thread dedicated to this) and those that are here were dumbed down for the sake of.. well for the sake of nothing really, for example, you can get married VERY early on and it just takes 2 days to do so, you talk once, succeed in a very awful and new persuasion system that does more harm than good, and then you just get accepted by the lord in charge of the clan. A lot of people may confuse this in pray for warband systems, I do not praise them since they were barebone features even back then, but Taleworlds decision wasnt to expand upon it (as a sequel should do...) but to cut them or like I've already said simply dumbing them down to the point of making them unimportant. Tournaments are kind of an example of this too, since they're literally what they were in Warband, you know, a sequel should expand upon its prequel but instead this is just the same, I mean its not so annoying to play a Tournament in Bannerlord as it was in Warband, but the point is: Where is the innovation here? Tournaments in Bannerlord as immersive as a mobile game could immerse you in. And you can apply that quote on basically every other aspect of this game, except for the combat (that has its issues too).
And I can explain myself further on my real problem with Bannerlord is that most of is issues are capable of being solved, but they're are too focused on minimal changes just so they dont disrupt what they already have, which is a very easy, brainless game that requires you to be a zombie repeating the same actions over and over (fighting, looting, selling loot, and thats the whole game basically), hence an unimpressive mobile game. What issues could be solved? Well, that the world doesnt reacts to you (only visually) and stories instead of happening thanks to gameplay, happen through player's imagination and interpretation on what they're playing. Just check any thread that shows someone telling they're own stories, they're all -mostly- made of events they imagined, and that mostly reffers to battles, which is the only thing the player has actual control, and capabilities of impact in this game. Warband at least, meets the player halfway through, the game provides some context for this stories to happen: making friends, making enemies, conspiring against a lord, dueling someone to gain a lady's hand, even your companions that complained and had something to say if certain things happened (this happens in Bannerlord, but is not just as common, and the personalities arent defined at all to count them as characters anyways). All of this is context, context for a story to happen, if the player is recieving feedback for their actions, it keeps them motivated, it makes them feel like they're playing in a living world that responds to them, therefore making the experience immersive and interesting. AGAIN I repeat myself, Warband wasnt perfect of this and everything was so clunky and repetitive too that feedback somtimes felt lacking and the number of options you could interact and influence the world wasnt very rich either, and again, this is in what Bannerlord should have invested in, but they didnt, and I have no idea why, but its terrible for the game.
I could talk deeper about this issue, and I'm planning to make a video portraying games that make feedback feel good and why Bannerlord sucks so much doing so, because at this point I dont think there's any way for this company to listen to us, I think this forum has tried everything and failed to do so shamefully, even though its not their fault.
No need to be a doomer all the time, we can criticize what is missing/they are neglecting while at the same time praising when they do something good and right, this patch seems good, fixes lots of things instead of breaking more like the previous beta, add a few cool new ones like the intro, stances, scenes etc.

We have specific threads to complain about things and nothing forbids you or anyone else for making more, i've made my fair share of them like the paper armors issue :smile:
If you tell me Taleworlds will adress any of the issues I've mentioned I will happily support this game and wait patiently. Evidence of Taleworlds neglecting the community feedback and suggestions upon this matter proves they will never do so, and therefore any patch they make is just trying to add more sugar to a very horrible cup of coffee expecting it to make it better

I find it funny how after a year of geniune negligence to the important features and fixes this game requires all Taleworlds does is throw us a cool animation and all of you fall for it lmao, this game is doomed

Finding a new feature interesting doesn't mean people have forgotten how empty and delayed the game is.

cd7d8d72ebea07519e280409cce67588.jpg
I didn't know they had TRT in Calradia. Must be that Ancient Imperial science in action.

Really like the troop changes, especially that Menav-bois can unhorse people, but please get rid of X-bows in Empire and give us a non-Noble light cav like Vlandia :wink:

All around great changes to performance, and world-feel, I really like it.

I hope the food production cap gets lifted, I do not like the artificial throttling to Prosperity. We also lack a meaningful way to boost it - could be some additions to Engineering/Stewardship or have quests and mini-games to help rebuild a town. If you have fiefs on a border it's game over for you

Finding a new feature interesting doesn't mean people have forgotten how empty and delayed the game is.
woah woah, is that a bit of common sense i see? we don't take kindly to the likes of you round these parts mate, best leave before someone gets hurt.. ~nervously adjust sword belt

I'm just tired that they throw us this animation as if any other problem didnt existed suddenly, literally every other game has a timeline on what they want to expand the game into, see Valheim for example, they already have a lot of features listed they want to cover and they know they're important for players, why cant we get the same thing? We just get comforting patches that add something here and something there and its as substantial as a mosquito

woah woah, is that a bit of common sense i see? we don't take kindly to the likes of you round these parts mate, best leave before someone gets hurt.. ~nervously adjust sword belt
Common sense is expecting a company communicating with their customers as they should, instead of making a party out of an animation. I will keep my complaints because I know I'm on my right to do so

Common sense is expecting a company communicating with their customers as they should, instead of making a party out of an animation. I will keep my complaints because I know I'm on my right to do so
i was just having a bit of fun mate, chill out, i'm also complaining all the time about the missing/broken/barebones features, just think we should give them credit when they do something right :grin: (before retreating deep into out suffering threads to keep complaining to the forum walls)

I'm just tired that they throw us this animation as if any other problem didnt existed suddenly, literally every other game has a timeline on what they want to expand the game into, see Valheim for example, they already have a lot of features listed they want to cover and they know they're important for players, why cant we get the same thing? We just get comforting patches that add something here and something there and its as substantial as a mosquito

I don't think that is at all what they were trying to do, but I suppose I cannot design myself upon knowing TW inner thoughts. I do agree it is a problem TW seems to have an incredibly difficult time communicating with us, even about a simple road map, so I do not have anything to say to that regard. I only mean to say, there can be positives about the game worth noting, even should it overall be disappointing thus far.

We are on your same side, and we understand you, but there are better ways and times they respond to feedback. Trust us bro, we got l33t experience complaining and getting some answers. If you are mad about something specific in this patch, or something to look at, write it down here. If its something more general, go for singleplayer boards or mp, and create a thread.

Let me clear this up: this update has no major features or sizeable content just like all of last year. The scenes are nice, but there is nothing to do in them. Enjoy your animation video. Get back to reality.

Just offering my feedback on the beta patch but I rolled back to 1.5.9 as was not happy with the changes to athletics. My 125 athletics player fully talented for foot speed can no longer catch a fleeing looter. This is terribly disappointing to imagine how much work I need to put in just to be as fast as a looter. I think you guys need to work on this more in 1.5.10. I'm not sure what complaint you were trying to address but me personally felt the on foot experience just starts getting fun in 1.5.9 in the 80-125 level and felt right.
Can't you get it much higher now though? You should have like 4X the learning speed you would have before, since MC level does reduce it. I guess if you only specced in to get 125, you can't, but 125's not that much. As far as the complaints, many players complained their character move too fast at 150+ athletics.

Now it is just the very long waiting game to see if modders have the will power to update their mods for 1.5.10. lol

Let me clear this up: this update has no major features or sizeable content just like all of last year. The scenes are nice, but there is nothing to do in them. Enjoy your animation video. Get back to reality.

I enjoy it a little, but I don't think anyone reasonable forgot about the game's lack of features from it. If they have, then they were people who were never going to acknowledge it in the first place.

Last edited:
So, has the AI finally learnt to deal with siege tower ladders? Someone here mentioned it was in the patchnote.

Can't you get it much higher now though? You should have like 4X the learning speed you would have before, since MC level does reduce it. I guess if you only specced in to get 125, you can't, but 125's not that much. As far as the complaints, many players complained their character move too fast at 150+ athletics.
Talk about a loud minority ruining it for everyone else who was silent and content.

Back
Top Bottom