Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

v17RM.png

I like this armor, especially the colour tone on the scales. With a slight variation of the belt region (no lether flaps) and the cloth below the garment it could make a fine asarai piece too. Also @Terco_Viejo behold the volume of the armor layers.
+1
The new models (Kaftan and Dacian style armour) are beautiful; my congratulations to the Conceptual Art and Modelling department. The addition of the new (trimmed) shoulder pad models will result in a huge amount of possible combinations; very good work.

For the little I've tried the performance is quite better, I still have to try Ai and so on but the changes seem to be given in the right direction.

As a negative data (it's not so much because eventually it can be corrected) is the "apparent" removal of the face direction command. Unless you guys are working in a new/rebuilt interface in use, eliminating this function is eliminating tactical possibilities... and that I will always see as a step backwards.

+1
The new models (Kaftan and Dacian style armour) are beautiful; my congratulations to the Conceptual Art and Modelling department. The addition of the new (trimmed) shoulder pad models will result in a huge amount of possible combinations; very good work.

For the little I've tried the performance is quite better, I still have to try Ai and so on but the changes seem to be given in the right direction.

As a negative data (it's not so much because eventually it can be corrected) is the "apparent" removal of the face direction command. Unless you guys are working in a new/rebuilt interface in use, eliminating this function is eliminating tactical possibilities... and that I will always see as a step backwards.
I think emrozdemir is trying to bring the old way the bar orders work
Meaning the old bar with more depth, not this one.
Again, i might be wrong but i know he said he'll look into changing it back

Great update!

Are there only two options for death (as it started in 1.5.5):
- Birth + all types of death including high rate combat casualties,
- No birth and everyone lives forever unles executed by a player?

Face direction and its' related possible New orders must be in game. Thats a very important and base order. I dont think they removed it, but developing something with it..

I Like the update, but this game is still not where it should be without major features like diplomacy mod, free lancer options, a counsel or something similar for the player to do in the keep, and a village management system or purpose to visit them. Just nothing to do TW devs in the late game, really boring. There's also no reason to visit any of the nice town scenes as well. One of the main focuses years ago was to improve reasons to visit towns.

I agree it's still very lacking. The update is nice but I still don't find a reason to play atm. Leveling roguery still seems like a chore, recruiting bandits gives very little exp (3-4x less than actually ransoming prisoners), and Idk how much raiding caravans/villages gives right now but I won't even try right now. Tournaments still need to be reworked/bettered, and just please fix the leveling progression since with no good rpg mechanics the game gets boring. I will personally wait a few more months until the game feels like new again

They REALLY need to do something about leveling progression. It's ridiculous... I have over 10x exp gain for roguery, and recruiting 1 bandit gives me like 21 exp points. I have 20 roguery skill and 1 point costs 440 exp, so I would need to recruit around 20 bandits for only 1 point at the lower levels. I'm just so tired of this not being fixed...... rework the leveling system please... when exp requirements get to 4000+, I will basically need 200 bandits for 1 measly point. I have 64 skill in riding and the requirement for next point is 2750 exp. Do you see how ridiculous this whole thing is? But no, riding is very easy to level. You just sit on a horse and headshot with a crossbow and you gain like 2-4 skillpoints per shot...

I will say it, again and again and again and again. Exp requirements are INSANE, and they shouldn't stay that way. And WHY does exp bonus (10x, 11x) go down so damn quickly? I swear to God I feel I had 11x exp a few minutes ago and now I have 10x xp gain for roguery, I have only 20 skill points!!! Please just let it be a consistent thing throughout. If I get 11x exp, it should stay 11x exp ALWAYS, or the climb to level up will always be slower and slower the more you level up, because you INCREASE the exp requirements while lowering the amount of exp the player gets, and it makes no sense!!! ITS INSANE. The fix is EASY. Lower exp requirements for later levels (stop with the damn thousands of exp), and make focus points give PERMANENT 1x, 2x... 5x times the exp gained, and attribute points 0.5xp gained, and you get a permanent 10x exp for each skill at 10 attributes and 5 focus points, then you balance the numbers of exp gained through actions and you are done. Even with this horrendous monstrosity of a system you can still make it work, just make it work man.

Last edited:
Nice update but I am noticing major sluttering on the campaign map (verified files, no mods, clean save) the menus are slower to open up ( especially after battles, 2-3 seconds to open the loot tab, 2-3 seconds to open the prisoners tab...every time) same for the menu for trading, painfully slow.

Also when trading, items are no longer sorted, having mule in the middle of warhorses, pottery in the middle of food, the interface don't remember the settings previously used ( sort by type/price) you have to click again to sort every time, both your inventory and the trader's inventory, huge pain to do.

Edit, forgot to mention, and since I haven't posted in a while,
thank you so much for the disable death/birth option this is what made me play the game again

Also for some reasons the game take longer to launch than it used to, like 3 times as much every time.

Can you give more information about inventory problem you had with showing it in several screenshots. I asked qa team to examine this problem but they need more information (because it seems they could not face the problem in 1.5.6).

ok. sadly battanian castle sieges did not receive a fix. just a few minutes ago we tried to take Uthelaim castle. Not only battering ram and one of the siege towers have been destroyed by the castle's catapults in a few minutes time, but when a second siege tower reached the wall an army stopped on its track. siege ramp was not lowered and the entire army has been standing in the open doing nothing with a corresponding fps drop.

Back
Top Bottom