Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree it's still very lacking. The update is nice but I still don't find a reason to play atm. Leveling roguery still seems like a chore, recruiting bandits gives very little exp (3-4x less than actually ransoming prisoners), and Idk how much raiding caravans/villages gives right now but I won't even try right now. Tournaments still need to be reworked/bettered, and just please fix the leveling progression since with no good rpg mechanics the game gets boring. I will personally wait a few more months until the game feels like new again

They REALLY need to do something about leveling progression. It's ridiculous... I have over 10x exp gain for roguery, and recruiting 1 bandit gives me like 21 exp points. I have 20 roguery skill and 1 point costs 440 exp, so I would need to recruit around 20 bandits for only 1 point at the lower levels. I'm just so tired of this not being fixed...... rework the leveling system please... when exp requirements get to 4000+, I will basically need 200 bandits for 1 measly point. I have 64 skill in riding and the requirement for next point is 2750 exp. Do you see how ridiculous this whole thing is? But no, riding is very easy to level. You just sit on a horse and headshot with a crossbow and you gain like 2-4 skillpoints per shot...

I will say it, again and again and again and again. Exp requirements are INSANE, and they shouldn't stay that way. And WHY does exp bonus (10x, 11x) go down so damn quickly? I swear to God I feel I had 11x exp a few minutes ago and now I have 10x xp gain for roguery, I have only 20 skill points!!! Please just let it be a consistent thing throughout. If I get 11x exp, it should stay 11x exp ALWAYS, or the climb to level up will always be slower and slower the more you level up, because you INCREASE the exp requirements while lowering the amount of exp the player gets, and it makes no sense!!! ITS INSANE. The fix is EASY. Lower exp requirements for later levels (stop with the damn thousands of exp), and make focus points give PERMANENT 1x, 2x... 5x times the exp gained, and attribute points 0.5xp gained, and you get a permanent 10x exp for each skill at 10 attributes and 5 focus points, then you balance the numbers of exp gained through actions and you are done. Even with this horrendous monstrosity of a system you can still make it work, just make it work man.

Yea, the difference in leveling speed between skills is not balanced. There also needs to be considered that with now with death enabled and dynasties/generations implemented into campaign mode, it is far more likely to have to play an heir after the first char died, thus having to level up skills again up to late game levels (like kingdom management level of skills).

This is the most feature rich update ever. Honestly it was about time for new features. I hope it will keep coming.
It's probably the best update so far. Features, stability, performance, all vastly improved. If they can continue on this path, we might just be on track for a very good game that's isn't reliant completely on mods.

Still, there's a whole lot to be done features wise.

Anyone feel like skills/leveling is a bit different? It feels a little more even between skill with equal investment. Only level 9 though so hard to say but I'm going to keep an eye on it. Feels better to me but could be placebo.

ALso the Khuzaits still come out strong but they peaced out at least.

I think emrozdemir is trying to bring the old way the bar orders work
Meaning the old bar with more depth, not this one.
Again, i might be wrong but i know he said he'll look into changing it back

F1-3 will stay the same but I'm looking into ways to include one click orders on F4-10 on PC.

e.g. "Toggle Fire" will still be under the F3 list but players will be able to also give that command with one of the F4-10 keys.

A bit sad they did not include children education system. Nevertheless, it'll be interesting how the new rebellion mechanics may affect wars and snowballing in general.

Anyone have noticed the new villages and battlefields? So far I've seen only one new battlefield (it's in the desert canyon) and one new village (the Aserai one). Has anyone seen more?

too many noble-liners as recruits from villages, 66-70%? guys that's too much. yeah sure, i can appreciate heavy cav for my Sturgian army, but not when my entire army would consist of varyags. I simply do not have enough war horses to promote a varyags to druzhinniks in such numbers.

I married my brother to King Derthert's daughter.

Yeah they took Onira and Vostrum by day 50 in my save, I don't think they can be fixed until they nerf the faction bonuses sadly.

If you examine graphs from 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 at snowballing post you can see there is no huge change in first 5-10 years in both versions. Still 1-2 factions can go and capture several towns in first years. Difference is at 1.5.5 mostly 3-4 factions dominate world at late game (20+ years) in 1.5.6 this number will be higher like 5-6-7 (every game is different by the way). Please look 1.5.5 - 1.5.6 comparision graph below :

r81Nv.png

For best comparision run game 20 years in 20x speed mode and count fiefs (towns as 2 and castles as 1) for each kingdom at 1104 and post your results in snowballing post, we already have numbers from 1.5.5. Then we can make better comparision by taking average of different user's results at both versions. For a good evaluation it is good to collect data from at least 5 different 20 year run.

Of course we still have problems and still Khuzaits are OP because of their high mounted unit ratio & speed bonus. However 1.5.6 is better in terms of keeping more factions at map for longer time. For better results other kingdoms should have higher mounted unit ratio too. There will be more developments about these issues in future.

Last edited:
F1-3 will stay the same but I'm looking into ways to include one click orders on F4-10 on PC.

e.g. "Toggle Fire" will still be under the F3 list but players will be able to also give that command with one of the F4-10 keys.

I was wondering if it would be possible to order multigroup formations? As in, for example, the imperial formation with the infantry in a circle and the arches in the center? I always mess up when I try to make these. I imagine it as having both infantry and archers selected and the command being in the formation order tree.

A simple thing like present your party ranked by tier level and weapon type wasn't implemented yet? It a great mod to fix this simple issue, but the modder could not upgrade his mod and this is a game breaker.

I was wondering if it would be possible to order multigroup formations? As in, for example, the imperial formation with the infantry in a circle and the arches in the center? I always mess up when I try to make these. I imagine it as having both infantry and archers selected and the command being in the formation order tree.
in warband you could press shift and select formations.
or was it a mod?

If you examine graphs from 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 at snowballing post you can see there is no huge change in first 5-10 years in both versions. Still 1-2 factions can go and capture several towns in first years. Difference is at 1.5.5 mostly 3-4 factions dominate world at late game (20+ years) in 1.5.6 this number will be higher like 5-6-7 (every game is different by the way). Please look 1.5.5 - 1.5.6 comparision graph below :

r81Nv.png

For best comparision run game 20 years in 20x speed mode and count fiefs for each kingdom at 1104 and post your results in snowballing post, we already have numbers from 1.5.5. Then we can make better comparision by taking average of different user's results at both versions. For a good evaluation it is good to collect data from at least 5 different 20 year run.

Of course we still have problems and still Khuzaits are OP because of their high mounted unit ratio & speed bonus. However 1.5.6 is better in terms of keeping more factions at map for longer time. For better results other kingdoms should have higher mounted unit ratio too. There will be more developments about these issues in future.
Ah ok cool I don't have to worry about the early expansion too much then, thanks for the explanation.

Settlement Nameplate Events
  • Whenever a player gets in the viewing range of a settlement, they can see if there is a tournament or an issue available in that settlement without visiting it.
This i personaly dont like.I realy dont like that type of being all knowing god where you know everyone and everything in Calradia no matter of your status or if you ever encountered/interacted with the NPCs.This needs to be tweeked/changed or simply make optional and be on/of in the option menu where:
1)Original stay as it is
2)When in menu lets call it realistic knowledge option is ON/Enabled then when you start the game the amount of NPC you know will be limited (depending on how you chose your start) and is reflected in encyclopedia where it will only show limited amount of people/NPCs.
-When Player is low status all you know about and is shown in Encyclopedia is Ruler of the kingdom you are in and current family members alongside other Kingdom rulers BUT you dont know anything else (dont know about vassals,mercenary groups hired by kingdom,clan/s members and their families).
-As you climb in ranks,do quests that will bring you to notable NPCs,hearing/paying for rumors you as a player will slowly get to learn about other rulers,vassals andtheir family members as you slowly go throu game and Encyclopedia gets updated each time you learn about notable NPCs.
-As a peasant/low born start ALL YOU SHOUD KNOW/WILLL BE GIVEN TO YOU/WILL BE PRESENT IN ENCYCLOPEDIA is the Rulers of the Kingdoms and their curent members of the family (will not get to know newcomers to the family for that you need to get information in diffeent ways rummors,paying for information,during quests intracting with notable NPCs).While everything else WILL NOT be given and you would as you play the game slowly or fast (depending on your playstile an d focus) will unravel/learn about the notables of Calradia and their families.

This way its more logical/immersive/realistic but also not feel like you are all knowing god where everything is spoonfed to you and make you not explore the Calradia or chose different styles of play simply bcs RIGHT FROM BEGGINING you know everything about everyone without spending any time,money,effort,ways of obtaining the informations and also makes town/taverns less usable and less apealing bcs why you should go there where you alredy have all the information needed right from the start of the game.It realy makes game world look bland/cheap and realy to some degree immersion/roleplay breaking.

If not change it can Devs atleast rethink and see if its possible to make it OPTIONAL where you can chose from if you want more realistic knowlege start where you as you play gradualy get /obtain the knowledge of notable NPCs or the Vanila where you are all knowing god start.

Target locking is implemented. Players can now lock their camera to an enemy with the middle mouse key by default.

This is also one of the things i dont like.MB Bannerlord isnt an FPS game and by adding this it just further make game immersion breaking BUT also deters player for putting any effort into learning but everything is like spoonfed and removes the reward/gets les rewarding for a player bcs now oh you have a lock on target so why bother spending some time learning stuff bcs now everything is like playing a mobile game.

In my personal opinion more and more the game is developed the more i see drastic change to casual oriented playstile of consatntly having holding hand and things that look like you are playing an arcade mobile game where everything is done with just a few clicks from Sieges that barely last 5-10 minutes without having any gradual stages of the siege to now suddenly becoming not only an all knowing god but also god of war where you now can have target locking.

Not trying to be Negative BUT even in games where you have GODS/DEMIGODS EVEN GODs didnt always know everything and not all gods/demi gods were precise and perfect but throuout the journey they discovered/learned things that they didnt know about or knew about it but not in full details.Kratos litteraly needed to go throu a lot of things to learn stuff.When it comes to Bannerlord you as a LOW BORN player ALREDY FROM THE START have the abilities of a GOD where you alredy from the getgo know about everyone and everything in Calradia,know about who does what without even needing to go on journey to investigate or spend time investigating.Everything is given on a silver plate without any worries of being decieved,info being delayed,info being not true.Everything is precise,on point and immmedietly given to you no matter what status your created character is.

Anyway this update is AWESOME and cant wait to see how it will work.THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Oh yeah, many here rejoice at the return of the helmet for the cataphractaries of the Empire,

and they also returned the helmet with a mask for The khuzait elite cavalry and gave the helmet to the elite best, super!

It's deep! Look at them! Aren't they sexy!?

bXKa_LrXNgU.jpg

9_jabtiOv3k.jpg

o5fvSoGA2t4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom