Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

@mexxico the last hotfix changed the selling percentages from 10% to 8%. Does this also pertain to the workshops and the caravans? Currently you're aiming to an average gain of 200 denars per workshop. Over which time frame is this average gathered? Currently it seems that a workshop in a town with two villages producing the needed resources will net around 200-300 denars (ranging from 190 to 350). While a workshop in a city with only one village providing the resource will average about 100 denars (ranging from 75 to 150).

After last hotfix i cant sell my workshop, aperantly there is no prospector that can afford it in town.
Is this a new feature? Considering how hard it is to figure out a profitable workshop it is a bit annoying
to not be able to sell a low income workshop. My normal routine is to get 2-3 workshops at the start to
fund my first army. So being forced to be stuck and not able to sell a workshop to try another is a bit frustrating.

I have the same problem with 2 of my 3 workshops: cant sell them.

Last edited:
@mexxico the last hotfix changed the selling percentages from 10% to 8%. Does this also pertain to the workshops and the caravans? Currently you're aiming to an average gain of 200 denars per workshop. Over which time frame is this average gathered? Currently it seems that a workshop in a town with two villages producing the needed resources will net around 200-300 denars (ranging from 190 to 350). While a workshop in a city with only one village providing the resource will average about 100 denars (ranging from 75 to 150).
not so much for workshops, but for caravans it made a huge difference (Confirmed by mexxico) . I posted two Youtube videos, one on how to maximize caravans profits with a huge assist from mexico placement is key, in which I show how much I make and how these differences make an impact and results from the hotfix that mexxico put it in. If you know what your doing, just don't throw caravans out there are an amazing money maker. But like with everything it is in the little details because of a complex eceonomy. If you don't run caravans much it's not big deal, but if you do the investment into watching this 3 day test I did can make all the difference in your game,

@Flesson19 - nice testing, clearly shows that caravans can work if you set them up right - feels like time for a new playthrough :smile:
Thank you, that makes my 3 days of testing worth it to help out people.
Yes I didn't test Aseri, since they have lower cost to start caravans but I am doing that now. since they have 10% reduced barter penalty so in theory they should make even more.

not so much for workshops, but for caravans it made a huge difference (Confirmed by mexxico) . I posted two Youtube videos, one on how to maximize caravans profits with a huge assist from mexico placement is key, in which I show how much I make and how these differences make an impact and results from the hotfix that mexxico put it in. If you know what your doing, just don't throw caravans out there are an amazing money maker. But like with everything it is in the little details because of a complex eceonomy. If you don't run caravans much it's not big deal, but if you do the investment into watching this 3 day test I did can make all the difference in your game,

Well, I think we do not get so much money from caravans as you think. Mexxico said that we can get back the investment money in about 1 year, while the caravan's lifetime is 3 years average. I have run my own test activating cheats and getting a caravan with upgraded units in Qasira (I did not get a hero with trade skill because was not available). The caravan has been giving me 297 denars daily average and I got my money back in 76 days. It is ok taking into account that I am going to be getting money for 2 years more or so, according to caravans' lifetime.

The thing is that I run this test in perfect conditions when I was not fighting wars and caravan has no many risks to be captured. In my actual campaigns (not testing campaign), I usually fight Khuaits because I hate to see them getting over all the map, so my caravans get killed much faster than in 3 years. Sometimes they get killed in 50 days or so, even when I got that caravan from Seonon, it looks like the caravan went close to Khuzaits territory and got killed by a Khuzait party.

I am one of the people who asked for passive income nerf, because I enjoy challenging games and before, caravans and workshops were pretty OP, but now caravans are not worthwhile most of the time IMO. It is not about increasing the passive income, but I think that caravans could be cheaper taking into account that they are a pretty risky income source. Having a Wool Wavery I can get 150-200 denars daily average, and get my investment back in 70-93 days without almost any risk to lose my investment.

Caravans should cost about 12.000 (17.000 upgraded troops), maybe they would be more appealing to get.

Thank you good sir, you saved us a lot of time, very good research, looking forward to your trader playthrough!

So I can't play the 1.4.3 beta. It crashes when entering the saved games menu, and crashes upon the loading screen after making my character and selecting difficulties. Already sent in a bunch of reports with the bug reporter that pops up. Just wanted to bring a little more attention to it.

1.4.2 works fine as well, if that helps any

So I can't play the 1.4.3 beta. It crashes when entering the saved games menu, and crashes upon the loading screen after making my character and selecting difficulties. Already sent in a bunch of reports with the bug reporter that pops up. Just wanted to bring a little more attention to it.

1.4.2 works fine as well, if that helps any
Forgive me if you’ve already tried, but are you using/ have used any mods? You may want to delete the game files and try a clean install if so as I’ve seen a couple of other posts like this and it was resolved by a clean install. The guess was some mod code was messing with refractored code. Good luck!

Forgive me if you’ve already tried, but are you using/ have used any mods? You may want to delete the game files and try a clean install if so as I’ve seen a couple of other posts like this and it was resolved by a clean install. The guess was some mod code was messing with refractored code. Good luck!
Not here, this is a known issue. Tens of people have this issue. Clean installs, several re-installs. This is really a bug. We tried to find some similarities in hardware configurations or OS but we didn’t find anything.

@Flesson19 Nice test (y). To answer your concern about initial caravan gold, all player caravans start with 15k gold independent of creation cost. The price of caravans is just an arbitrary amount.

any ideas? If power level increases gold a notable has that could be why. I have a mod that gave a lot of power to my notables in that city after arena fights. didn’t notice until they hit 500
At the end of the day a notable will convert their gold in excess of 10k into power and the excess gold will be removed, so if the notable earned enough money to purchase the workshop before the daily tick, then they would be able to buy it. When the player purchases a workshop from a notable the notable gets the gold from the transaction for instance. Power does not increase gold though.

Well thats a bummer, tho thanks for clarifying my problem. And you were close on your estimate, shop was selling for ~12500 :smile:
If you want, a workaround would be to use the console command "campaign.add_gold_to_hero [amount] [notable]" to give a notable in the corresponding settlement a few thousand gold so they have enough to purchase the workshop. Just tested it and it works.

If you want, a workaround would be to use the console command "campaign.add_gold_to_hero [amount] [notable]" to give a notable in the corresponding settlement a few thousand gold so they have enough to purchase the workshop. Just tested it and it works.

Thanks, I will keep that workaround in mind if needed (y)

Nope no mods, didn't want to bother it being beta and all I haven't added any mods since I got it. And this is on a clean installation as well, I mean I guess I can try another clean installation and report back but I don't think it's gonna make a difference.

Not here, this is a known issue. Tens of people have this issue. Clean installs, several re-installs. This is really a bug. We tried to find some similarities in hardware configurations or OS but we didn’t find anything.

I'm using Windows7 Ultimate with all the updates. Geforce GTX 1080, i7-6700k cpu 4ghz, 16gb ram. I have 1.70tb free as well. Hopefully this info helps?

Might be off-topic but still - Hardware-wise you have a good configuration but I'm really wondering why you are still using Windows 7?
Uses way less performance than windows 10 just to run, even if 10 can be optimized (aka remove bloatware), it can't be to the same extent as W7 can.
Of course it becomes less relevant the more powerful your machine, but W10 was terrible especially at launch for telemetry-privacy-performance-compatibility, it may have improved itself but W7 still gets the job done without any troubles, really for me the question is more why go to the 10 while the 7 don't have a single issue.

Of course it becomes less relevant the more powerful your machine, but W10 was terrible especially at launch for telemetry-privacy-performance-compatibility, it may have improved itself but W7 still gets the job done without any troubles, really for me the question is more why go to the 10 while the 7 don't have a single issue.
Uses less performance reason is quite debatable I think - which I'm not going to do, not in this thread at least.

So for your question why to update OS, apart from real issues like security problems ( as shown in Wannacry case ) Windows 7 is discontinued without any support/update and it's definitely not designed for high-end tech/gaming. Yes it might be handling the situation just now but it's very very likely that something will pop up in the future that is not doing the job and you won't get any direct support from anyone in the tech industry because no one says "We are proudly supporting Win7 and we will continue to do so". Same goes for Bannerlord for example - Windows 7 is bare minimum at the moment and recommended version is Windows 10. Most likely games will also stop using Windows7 in their bare minimum descriptions in the near future.

But you are right and I won't argue about telemetry-privacy bs in Windows 10 which is a joke. It's avoidable but of course, it's a huge issue and too much hassle.

Uses way less performance than windows 10 just to run, even if 10 can be optimized (aka remove bloatware), it can't be to the same extent as W7 can.
Neofenris pretty much nailed it there.

Uses less performance reason is quite debatable I think - which I'm not going to do, not in this thread at least.

So for your question why to update OS, apart from real issues like security problems ( as shown in Wannacry case ) Windows 7 is discontinued without any support/update and it's definitely not designed for high-end tech/gaming. Yes it might be handling the situation just now but it's very very likely that something will pop up in the future that is not doing the job and you won't get any direct support from anyone in the tech industry because no one says "We are proudly supporting Win7 and we will continue to do so". Same goes for Bannerlord for example - Windows 7 is bare minimum at the moment and recommended version is Windows 10. Most likely games will also stop using Windows7 in their bare minimum descriptions in the near future.

But you are right and I won't argue about telemetry-privacy bs in Windows 10 which is a joke. It's avoidable but of course, it's a huge issue and too much hassle.
By that point I'll probably be done with trying to game altogether honestly. Or switching over to some kind of linux os. But honestly, I won't bother. This is one of the few newer things that have come out that I'm genuinely interested in playing. My hobbies have drifted pretty far from gaming these days and more into horticulture and bonsai trees. This is pretty much the last PC I'll own most likely.
As to why I still use Win7? I dislike how much control has been taken from the end user in Win10, not everyone is dumb and need everything locked down. Nor do I like the business practices of microsoft, they're pretty much a no go as it comes to giving them my money now. As an aside, I used Windows XP until that particular computer met it's end and finally switched to Win 7 at that point and this was after many of the problems and kinks were worked out of it.

And I want to say, that version 1.4.2 works just fine. So it's something they did in the update that borked it.

Last edited:

Hi flesson just watched your video it is really good. Never thought about having so many caravans to be honest. Anyway subscribed to your channel now off to make a load of caravans.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but gang leader needs weapons is bugged. When u go to sell them your weapons it ends up removing stuff which they didn't even ask for, such as shields, arrows, bows and armor, even if they are locked.

Back
Top Bottom