Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

not so much for workshops, but for caravans it made a huge difference (Confirmed by mexxico) . I posted two Youtube videos, one on how to maximize caravans profits with a huge assist from mexico placement is key, in which I show how much I make and how these differences make an impact and results from the hotfix that mexxico put it in. If you know what your doing, just don't throw caravans out there are an amazing money maker. But like with everything it is in the little details because of a complex eceonomy. If you don't run caravans much it's not big deal, but if you do the investment into watching this 3 day test I did can make all the difference in your game,

Now THATS how you do a helpful post!

By that point I'll probably be done with trying to game altogether honestly. Or switching over to some kind of linux os. But honestly, I won't bother. This is one of the few newer things that have come out that I'm genuinely interested in playing. My hobbies have drifted pretty far from gaming these days and more into horticulture and bonsai trees. This is pretty much the last PC I'll own most likely.
As to why I still use Win7? I dislike how much control has been taken from the end user in Win10, not everyone is dumb and need everything locked down. Nor do I like the business practices of microsoft, they're pretty much a no go as it comes to giving them my money now. As an aside, I used Windows XP until that particular computer met it's end and finally switched to Win 7 at that point and this was after many of the problems and kinks were worked out of it.
And I want to say, that version 1.4.2 works just fine. So it's something they did in the update that borked it.
Switching to Linux would kinda be equivalent of being done with gaming all together actually. I do get your hobbies are now shifted to something else and it's perfectly understandable. I also do get your frustration about Windows 10 and overall Microsoft's choices.
Frankly speaking, if the gaming community would shift to Linux based operating systems altogether, I would most certainly change it as well. Windows' only luck is that all the gaming industry is happening on their OS and even MacOs is extremely miserable to catch up because no company wants to make it macOS compatible.
That being said, I don't think your issue is because of Windows 7 and even if that's the case you can still claim your right to fix since Bannerlord says they support it. You might want to try to open the game with different settings ( resolution, graphics etc ) to see if something gets fixed. Or you can uninstall the game completely ( making sure that it's folder in steam is also deleted ) and reinstall it if you have a good bandwidth.
But as a friendly reminder, I would advise you to update if possible. Or if you want to harness both OS's power, you can set up a dual-boot with both OS's installed ( Since you said you have plenty of space in your HDD/SSD )
So you can use Windows10 for gaming only and other OS for your personal life without feeling like Big Brother is watching you.

Switching to Linux would kinda be equivalent of being done with gaming all together actually. I do get your hobbies are now shifted to something else and it's perfectly understandable. I also do get your frustration about Windows 10 and overall Microsoft's choices.
Frankly speaking, if the gaming community would shift to Linux based operating systems altogether, I would most certainly change it as well. Windows' only luck is that all the gaming industry is happening on their OS and even MacOs is extremely miserable to catch up because no company wants to make it macOS compatible.
That being said, I don't think your issue is because of Windows 7 and even if that's the case you can still claim your right to fix since Bannerlord says they support it. You might want to try to open the game with different settings ( resolution, graphics etc ) to see if something gets fixed. Or you can uninstall the game completely ( making sure that it's folder in steam is also deleted ) and reinstall it if you have a good bandwidth.
But as a friendly reminder, I would advise you to update if possible. Or if you want to harness both OS's power, you can set up a dual-boot with both OS's installed ( Since you said you have plenty of space in your HDD/SSD )
So you can use Windows10 for gaming only and other OS for your personal life without feeling like Big Brother is watching you.
There is so much negativity on the forums. Then there are posts like this that make me feel so positive. Thanks Duke for that feeling.

Switching to Linux would kinda be equivalent of being done with gaming all together actually.
You are totally right I tried several games on the same config but different OS, I always end up with W7-W10 competing but linux is always behind, as for bannerlord, it need some tweaks to run, and once you have it working, the menu are painfully slow to open, the rest of the game was smooth but you are better off with 7 or 10. (I think despite our different opinions we can also all agree to trash talk W8 and vista btw :grin:)

As an aside, I used Windows XP until that particular computer met it's end and finally switched to Win 7 at that point and this was after many of the problems and kinks were worked out of it.
I still use XP to this day to run old games that I hold dear, damn I love this OS so much.

Well I dislike apple's draconian practices worse than microsoft's so they were never even a consideration. I'm well aware that switching to Linux would basically be giving up on gaming, mainly because I'm about at that point with it all honestly. but really the only thing I would want it to run is doom1+2 and there are plenty of source ports that will work just fine doing that. And if i really cared about big brother watching me I wouldn't own a cell phone, it's more about microsoft stealing your data and selling it. But from my researching getting rid of the spyware out of win10 isn't that hard or at least it wouldn't be for me. It's the principle of the thing and my own honor demands I stand by it.

I did a clean install, even turned off the cloud saves and made sure there were no traces, no dice it still crashes when finishing my character and entering the loading screen. I guess I could change some graphical settings and give that a go but at the moment I'll just wait until another patch comes out; warband is still quite fun after all.

Even if it never gets fixed for me: it's fine, I've already gotten so many hours of entertainment out of it I think it was worth it.

This BETA gave me a lot of crashes, from something very simple as conversationn, releasing lords, fighting bandits,etc, Vanilla or not, crashed and weird bugs like a lot of wanderers gathered in one town... After more than 350 hrs in Bannerlord, this is the first time I experienced this unstable state.

Like, look at this, an army fighting with ghosts, (I only used bannerpaste for visuals and better exception window for bugs reporting)
NVWC3.png

Last edited:
This BETA gave me a lot of crashes, from something very simple as conversationn, releasing lords, fighting bandits,etc, Vanilla or not, crashed and weird bugs like a lot of wanderers gathered in one town... After more than 350 hrs in Bannerlord, this is the first time I experienced this unstable state.

Like, look at this, an army fighting with ghosts, (I only used bannerpaste for visuals and better exception window for bugs reporting)
NVWC3.png
WAD, its so hot. Battanians in their fur armor see oasis and an army.

NVWC3.png
Report it in the technical forums and also don't forget to mention you were reloading a save.

Back
Top Bottom