SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

Users who are viewing this thread

All foreign or "non sturgian" troops should suffer a morale penalty and a daily 1% to 5% hitpoint reduction for each night spent traveling or fighting in the cold.

X number of hours resting in a village or city would give a temporary immunity to non Sturgian troops from cold effects depending on amount of time rested and perhaps a leadership perk.

TW could do the same down south for non Aserai troops moving/fighting during the heat of the day.

they should be able to travel through water to raid other city from the sea and have a bigger advantage on snow/mountain/whatever they live in (and other faction a bigger disadvantage on snow). if they cannot travel through water, they are just trapped there and this place is indeed the worst place to have a kingdom. they are suppose to be pretty much settled there and yet, I see them travel to start a war against the Aserai, this make no sense.

So new patch on Sturgia makes them feel better now right? I haven't touched my Sturgia campaign in a while, just curious to see what everyone else thinks?

Also is it just me or is the Imperial Legionary too good?

they should be able to travel through water to raid other city from the sea and have a bigger advantage on snow/mountain/whatever they live in (and other faction a bigger disadvantage on snow). if they cannot travel through water, they are just trapped there and this place is indeed the worst place to have a kingdom. they are suppose to be pretty much settled there and yet, I see them travel to start a war against the Aserai, this make no sense.
It's a combination of factors, I've tested them further, and the lack of villages, bad output of products/produces (most of their villages only make fur, which is garbage for the AI economy, it's only good for players playing monopoly, they lack food, they have no horse villages, and they lack both mines and hardwood, making workshops in Sturgia suck balls), and starting with nerfed prosperity makes them the weakest faction in the game from day 1. They never have time or means to recover. Meanwhile, Battania (which seems to be the favorite pet of TW) basically gets 4 villages per town, decent starting prosperity, and are geographically protected, so they often obliterate western part of Sturgia with the "help" of Vlandia, while the eastern part gets obliterated by Khuzait. I've seen this happen not 1 playthrough, but 8 out of 10, that means something...

It's a combination of factors, I've tested them further, and the lack of villages, bad output of products/produces (most of their villages only make fur, which is garbage for the AI economy, it's only good for players playing monopoly, they lack food, they have no horse villages, and they lack both mines and hardwood, making workshops in Sturgia suck balls), and starting with nerfed prosperity makes them the weakest faction in the game from day 1. They never have time or means to recover. Meanwhile, Battania (which seems to be the favorite pet of TW) basically gets 4 villages per town, decent starting prosperity, and are geographically protected, so they often obliterate western part of Sturgia with the "help" of Vlandia, while the eastern part gets obliterated by Khuzait. I've seen this happen not 1 playthrough, but 8 out of 10, that means something...

Well not true...On workshops alone i made 1200 (give or take) a day when i was a blacksmith in Sturgia

Well not true...On workshops alone i made 1200 (give or take) a day when i was a blacksmith in Sturgia
well, I make 3k a day in Battanian workshops
so_good.jpg

And it is true, 8 out of 10, Sturgia has been destroyed.

well, I make 3k a day in Battanian workshops
so_good.jpg

And it is true, 8 out of 10, Sturgia has been destroyed.
From 3 workshops ? If so you must be playing an real old version or with mods boofing it. But ofc it happens Sturgia gets destroyed..But hey in this playthru im doing now Vladia was the first one to go down so :smile: Gonna show you guys the might of Sturgia after im done with the Achilles series

Last edited:
yes you are right, their economy suck, and their castle and city are pretty much stuck in a narrow path. so if looter roam around they capture every villager in between the villages and the castle (ustokol, revyl ). I think giving them a bit more movement freedom would help a lot, but to make sure I should probably mod and test it.

yes you are right, their economy suck, and their castle and city are pretty much stuck in a narrow path. so if looter roam around they capture every villager in between the villages and the castle (ustokol, revyl ). I think giving them a bit more movement freedom would help a lot, but to make sure I should probably mod and test it.
There are 4 different ways to help Sturgia, and freedom of movement is the least effective of them.
If they would clamp together the fiefs, it would help, if they add more villages, it would be probably the best option, the other would be to buff their capabilities over-time, like boost to prosperity gain, or better resources from villages, or whatever...

If they simply add a single village to each town, it would already make a massive difference. Battania is always too strong exactly for that single reason, they have the best cluster-**** of villages, each town gets 4 of them, so they get pretty prosperous over-time. If by a miracle Battania gets beaten in early game, whomever dominates most of their territory will become the predominant faction in the game, also because of that.
This "background" buff already existed in Warband, many mods have had this same issue because they wanted to depict a faction as a more scarce one or whatever, and that would automatically compromise their performance against rivals. Economy would get broken, their armies would get weaker, so on so forth, though, back in WB AI would blatantly get "cheats" in their favor, which minimized these effect a bit, here in BL there's no such a thing, so less villages translates into poorer army along with less available recruits. This makes Sturgia lose all of their territory on a whim... They simply do not have enough sources of soldiers to win a single war if they've lost the first big battle. That's because after a big battle, the winning side moves immediately to besiege fiefs, and since Sturgia has the weakest ones, their enemies usually go and siege Towns right of the bat, since their garrisons are short, have little militia to complement their numbers... You get the point.

Sturgia is the definitive under-dog in BL, whilst Battania is the favorite pet of TW (so far). As the player, if you want to be Sturgian, just join them right of the bat and proceed to force wars with Battania, the sooner you eliminate them switching their sweet fiefs into Sturgian, you've basically won the game already.

From 3 workshops ? If so you must be playing an real old version or with mods boofing it. But ofc it happens Sturgia gets destroyed..But hey in this playthru im doing now Vladia was the first one to go down so :smile: Gonna show you guys the might of Sturgia after im done with the Achilles series

I am committed! I'll go sturgian huscarl mofo playthrough and just scrap Battania out of the map, that's the best strategy because of the background advantages battanian fiefs have.

Last edited:
my problem is, if they are some kind of north / viking faction, giving them more villages doesn't make much sense lore-wise. the land should be pretty hard to farm and get resources from. Their main resources should be from raiding nearby kingdom hence make their mobility more effective and their defense more based on their environment (make the mobility of other faction in their land harder/ less sustainable to their troops). but ofc, just changing mobility won't cut it with the current ai, it needs to be change as well to make them more effective raiders. anyway, that s my thought about it. I think giving them more villages would make them more like other kingdom and it would harm the diversity of the world. I might be wrong...

my problem is, if they are some kind of north / viking faction, giving them more villages doesn't make much sense lore-wise. the land should be pretty hard to farm and get resources from. Their main resources should be from raiding nearby kingdom hence make their mobility more effective and their defense more based on their environment (make the mobility of other faction in their land harder/ less sustainable to their troops). but ofc, just changing mobility won't cut it with the current ai, it needs to be change as well to make them more effective raiders. anyway, that s my thought about it. I think giving them more villages would make them more like other kingdom and it would harm the diversity of the world. I might be wrong...
without giving them resources, they'll just die out every single game, better off downgrading them into bandits then...

Well think the enemy could get an slight moral loss while fighting in their snowy territory along with speed as it now feels like its implemented a little :smile: But for me it isnt at all the troops in whole thats their weakness like some people are saying but its all the wars that comes at em at the same time

Well think the enemy could get an slight moral loss while fighting in their snowy territory along with speed as it now feels like its implemented a little :smile: But for me it isnt at all the troops in whole thats their weakness like some people are saying but its all the wars that comes at em at the same time
they start by playing the players' end-game Wack-A-Mole much earlier, they are us once we've restored the Empire (never tried to kingdom, probably the same thing but instead of Empire of Calradia, it's Kingdom of *whateveryourclannameis*), only that their territory is significantly smaller, and the AI is too dumb to deal with that

they start by playing the players' end-game Wack-A-Mole much earlier, they are us once we've restored the Empire (never tried to kingdom, probably the same thing but instead of Empire of Calradia, it's Kingdom of *whateveryourclannameis*), only that their territory is significantly smaller, and the AI is too dumb to deal with that

Yeah it can be quite intense in the beginning some times. But the most feared soldiers of em all are the African Zulu warriors at 4:30 ..

I can be ok with most troops in any situation but when they come i go of **** here we go...But Berserkers both from Sturg and Battania are also nasty because they can kill you in one hit if you arent careful

Last edited:
they keep getting at war in the begining of the game with the freaking aserai... I don't get it. why the freaking aserai.

I feel that even the aserai are better then them.
Boi the Sarranids in Warband were amazing, best archers and cav, didn't even need infantry but they still had well armored guards. They aren't deemed the super manly barbaric hardy people but didn't matter. You missed out

Anyone for round 5 ? ^^ Read my lips Sturgians in battle are awesome...Anyone ? No ?

Last edited:
Honestly I don’t think Sturgia needs to be buffed, ALL non-noble units need a heavy reduction in armor. T3 units have like mid-late game armor... I just picked these guys up at a farm a week ago and now they can all kick my ass because I’m still in a leather tunic and no matter how many wood bandits I kill wearing full mail, or looters wearing 30 armor Roughtied Guantlets, none of them ever freaking drop any.

Make the Bannerlords fearsome, nerf all these freaking peasants to the Stone Age.

Honestly I don’t think Sturgia needs to be buffed, ALL non-noble units need a heavy reduction in armor. T3 units have like mid-late game armor... I just picked these guys up at a farm a week ago and now they can all kick my ass because I’m still in a leather tunic and no matter how many wood bandits I kill wearing full mail, or looters wearing 30 armor Roughtied Guantlets, none of them ever freaking drop any.

Make the Bannerlords fearsome, nerf all these freaking peasants to the Stone Age.
Most probably because you have low rogue skill at that time...at higher they drop sweet loot :smile:

Back
Top Bottom