Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone who's criticizing Noudelle for 'not being constructive' or some garbage one liner like that, picture yourself in the following situation:
  • You are invited into the alpha/closed beta stage of a game you've been anticipating for 8 years. You've played its predecessor for 10. Man, this is exciting!!
  • The initial beta you are given is abysmal. Inexplicably bad. But you know what, it's ok. We've got 9 months to Early Access! I'm sure it'll all be alright!
  • You create threads, posts. You record videos, do very detailed frame by frame analyses. Document issues and propose solutions. Start important discussions. Doing your part as someone that cares.
  • During the entire process of providing what is objectively quality recorded and structured feedback - you are ignored. Ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored. Not counter-argued or explained the intended feature design. Straight up ignored. Some things in the development move forward, but it's never quite the(to you) important things.
  • Tired of being ignored, you squad up with other numerous combat or modding experts and participate in creating a concrete solution for combat fixes. Many hours spent into documenting parameters, testing and organising. No response.
  • You snap back and nine months have passed. Very little has actually moved forward. Now what? The release is imminent.
This is the unfortunate reality most alpha and closed beta testers invited from Warband are facing. The audacity of some of you here to take frequent jabs at people who have contributed more to this game's feedback and well-being is disappointing, but not surprising. Most of you so far haven't been able to provide more than five words in a structured sentence to debunk some feedback or write some yourself.

The original thread post is a ****post, but one that had a long time coming. Instead of being obtuse about it, read the above and try to picture where it's coming from. If you even can. Ironically, most of us will still support TW and naturally continue to test out the EA and still provide feedback, harbouring some hope the game will pick up the pace during EA. Personally, I don't see any compelling evidence for that happening but at the end of the day I care about the game considering nothing has come even close to Warband all these years when it comes to my preferred game time. There's nothing more that I'd like than being able to right now turn on some Bannerlord and have some good fun.

Last edited:
Anyone who's criticizing Noudelle for 'not being constructive' or some garbage one liner like that, picture yourself in the following situation:
  • You are invited into the alpha/closed beta stage of a game you've been anticipating for 8 years. You've played its predecessor for 10. Man, this is exciting!!
  • The initial beta you are given is abysmal. Inexplicably bad. But you know what, it's ok. We've got 9 months to Early Access! I'm sure it'll all be alright!
  • You create threads, posts. You record videos, do very detailed frame by frame analyses. Document issues and propose solutions. Start important discussions. Doing your part as someone that cares.
  • During the entire process of providing what is objectively quality recorded and structured feedback - you are ignored. Ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored. Not counter-argued or explained the intended feature design. Straight up ignored. Some things in the development move forward, but it's never quite the(to you) important things.
  • Tired of being ignored, you squad up with other numerous combat or modding experts and participate in creating a concrete solution for combat fixes. Many hours spent into documenting parameters, testing and organising. No response.
  • You snap back and nine months have passed. Very little has actually moved forward. Now what? The release is imminent.
This is the unfortunate reality most alpha and closed beta testers invited from Warband are facing. The audacity of some of you here to take frequent jabs at people who have contributed more to this game's feedback and well-being is disappointing, but not surprising.

The original thread post is a ****post, but one that had a long time coming. Instead of being obtuse about it, read the above and try to picture where it's coming from. If you even can. Peace.

False Advertising is a Civil crime - are you seriously advocating such an extreme statement against the very Developers you moderate for?

False Advertising is a Civil crime - are you seriously advocating such an extreme statement against the very Developers you moderate for?
In case you're not meming and being serious, this post was intended as nothing more than a ****post. I'm not actually accusing them of false advertising. The statement is still bull**** though.

It seems to me that even Noudelle has come to see how this whole thing has blown way out of proportion.
Are all of you seriously bickering about a game that is still in development, because of a fairly standard marketing phrase?

Yes, Bannerlord works differently, and yes the game does have issues. But it is still in development, so things are still subject to change.
I personally had the pleasure of participating in Warband's and Bannerlord's beta from an early point, and in similar ways the both improved drastically over the course of the beta.
The main difference now is that Bannerlord has been in development longer and will continue in Early-Access. The game's mechanics are more complex which is the main improvement that can gladly be advertised, but the balancing is still off, which was also adressed in that same statement.

Bannerlord has improved a lot over the past half year and will certainly continue on that path. I'm having a lot more fun already, while not being blind to some obvious balancing tweaks and general design choices. But things are moving, so these constant "this is all doomed" complaints are just downright silly. They are only trumped by the sheer ignorance some users display when they encounter other opinions than their own and they can only resort to insults and flame baiting. It is the ultimate way of showing that you have lost the debate, so stop embarassing yourselves or continue in a civil manner.

???

This is the unfortunate reality most alpha and closed beta testers invited from Warband are facing. The audacity of some of you here to take frequent jabs at people who have contributed more to this game's feedback and well-being is disappointing, but not surprising. Most of you so far haven't been able to provide more than five words in a structured sentence to debunk some feedback or write some yourself.

The original thread post is a ****post, but one that had a long time coming. Instead of being obtuse about it, read the above and try to picture where it's coming from. If you even can. Ironically, most of us will still support TW and naturally continue to test out the EA and still provide feedback, harbouring some hope the game will pick up the pace during EA. Personally, I don't see any compelling evidence for that happening but at the end of the day I care about the game considering nothing has come even close to Warband all these years when it comes to my preferred game time. There's nothing more that I'd like than being able to right now turn on some Bannerlord and have some good fun.
The combat was not abysmal 9 months ago it was just kinda bad and it has improved alot since then, something which you didnt mention at all. So given that the combat has already been improved alot and that the game will still be in EA, there is room for hope. I do agree about the lack of communication though.

I have even said that the OP is a ****post lol, it's a hyperbole for what the OP thinks. It's called humour. I'm not deprived of it.
I didnt read the whole thread but your lengthy defense of his posting sure seemed serious enough. Whatever man -no sweat off my back. I appreciate those who try and make combat better but not ass much as I appreciate the actual developers who spent these 10 years actually making it. We were ALL waiting anxiously for this.

You did post that right after my jokesey post btw..hence my response

The combat is subjective, no one's advocating it because it's not false advertisement. *psst* don't make accusations when you've not read the thread - It's rule no.commonsense.

In regards to the thread, It's awfully displeasing seeing my fellow Warband competitive comrades come onto this thread and criticize Bannerlord's combat, when the majority of them haven't invested enough time in the game; they've hopped on for a couple of games, talked to other competitive players, slated it to each other and haven't provided any positive influence on the forum beta section. There's been some players like Gibby, Charlini, OGL who've provided immense amount of feedback with no support from the people who want it the most (the Warband competitive scene).

Bannerlord's combat has improved ten fold from the start of the alpha, sure the combat is far from what I'd like, but I've been accustomed to Warband's combat so much that I've been blinded by some of the cool Bannerlord features. I also highly disagree when it comes to 'veterans' holding a stronger opinion than others, if I weren't a veteran, I can easily understand why people would be impressed with Bannerlord's combat over Warbands. It's great to get opinions from both sides of the community, SP and MP, especially when the majority of the players playing will be SP. People who've been telling others to 'shut up' because of their forum rank are damn right rude, people have played this game for years and haven't spent time on a forum, it has no relevance.

Last edited:
Truly great "****post" calling Taleworlds out over a single sentence marketing line, they are such spewers of bull**** you got em. But more than that I enjoy the people so desperately insecure that they think forum rank matters at all

QiV92.jpg

NICE ONE TALEWORLDS

As stated before by noudelle in his countless constructive threads, this is far from it.

thats my uso

I am rec-rank on these forums, I mainly avoided them until last year. Most of my time was SP, however I was active for a time in a MP clan years ago. I admit fully I do not know all the ins and outs of competitive or even non competitive WB fighting. However, that being said, why so much vitriol and anger now of all times? Even if the combat system is objectively worse, you’re in tantrum mode over a game in early access not having refined mechanics as opposed to a game that’s been out for over a decade? Please address this maturely and in a constructive manner so that perhaps we can see positive change through the development. Let’s all try and stay positive, we’re all fans of the same game here

However, that being said, why so much vitriol and anger now of all times? Even if the combat system is objectively worse, you’re in tantrum mode over a game in early access not having refined mechanics as opposed to a game that’s been out for over a decade?

Warband's combat mechanics have been mostly unchanged since 2010. What's frustrating isn't that the game isn't where warband is, but that the beta has been out for almost a year yet some of the biggest issues are still around. They should have used this opportunity to make fundamental, experimental changes to the mechanics to see what works, but instead we got fractional damage nerfs to whatever class or weapon was doing best, and then weeks or even months of almost nothing and radio silence from the developers.

Read Marko's post, it sums this all up.

Warband's combat mechanics have been mostly unchanged since 2010. What's frustrating isn't that the game isn't where warband is, but that the beta has been out for almost a year yet some of the biggest issues are still around. They should have used this opportunity to make fundamental, experimental changes to the mechanics to see what works, but instead we got fractional damage nerfs to whatever class or weapon was doing best, and then weeks or even months of almost nothing and radio silence from the developers.

Read Marko's post, it sums this all up.
Yeah, reading through some of these I can see why it’s inferior. But like, TW has pretty much always been silent like this. It’s not unprecedented is what confuses me I suppose

Back
Top Bottom