Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Users who are viewing this thread

Noudelle has contributed massively to this beta, some of you are taking this light-hearted quip too seriously. I will say though that the sentiment behind it is more than fair, when TW says "learning and mastering the game's much-improved combat mechanics" it's as if they were unaware of all the current combat issues, it's as if months of feedback were wasted, in short it sounds like a joke.

Mabons is absolutely correct with this post:

The more beta keys are sent, the more people come to the forums exclaiming that all those who criticize combat merely wish to see Warband 2.0 with spinning-720-janky-animation-epileptic-spazzfests, and that combat looks and feels great in reality. It's only natural since new players won't have enough experience to recognize the underlying issues and nuances of combat, or won't care to, and they will always constitute a majority. In the end it will be up to TaleWorlds to decide what feedback is valuable and worth considering, and what is meaningless praise. We'll see what happens through EA.

I completely agree.

Some people need to calm down here, I see a lot of aggressivity and yet I'm still waiting for people to give constructive criticism. People like Noudelle, Gab, Gibby, Varadin, LeRoux, OGL and many more,... all gave constructive criticism over the combat's aspect of the game in details, trying to fix issues, getting it to be more responsive in order for every player to appreciate the game even more, making it more responsive and less frustrating. Taleworlds developpement team, thanks to the feedbacks they received from this part of the community ( mostly competitive ) and their hard work, managed to improved considerably that aspect of the game and will keep improving it,...

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the arguments of the people telling us Bannerlord's combat is an improvement over Warband's combat. Tell us in details, what do you think is better gameplay-wise, what feels better for you ? Do you think it's more responsive ? Do you think the combat feels more nervous and less janky ? Tell us ? I'll be waiting.

Guess it's easier to say Amen to everything especially when the same people are struggling to choose the right direction of their attacks.

Last edited:
I definitely think Bannerlord's combat has the potential to be better than Warband. It has a lot of cool new features and the engine seems pretty good. That said the combat as it is now is just a mess of badly balanced mechanics and inconsistensies that really should have been fixed after such a long beta. People have been giving quality feedback for almost a year now and it feels like a lot of it has just fallen on deaf ears to be honest.

On the other hand the combat has definitely been improved since I got access to the beta (it was more or less unplayable back then) even if progress has been slow. Hopefully Taleworlds will put more focus into improving the combat during the early access period.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the arguments of the people telling us Bannerlord's combat is an improvement over Warband's combat. Tell us in details, what do you think is better gameplay-wise, what feels better for you ? Do you think it's more responsive ? Do you think the combat feels more nervous and less janky ? Tell us ? I'll be waiting.
It might just be the animations that make it better for most people. It looks more "realistic" than Warband, ignoring the actual issues that are present right now. I'm not trying to defend either side, just my opinion.

On the other hand the combat has definitely been improved since I got access to the beta (it was more or less unplayable back then) even if progress has been slow. Hopefully Taleworlds will put more focus into improving the combat during the early access period.

It really has improved, nobody can deny that. Especially since the Alpha.

Guys just block Noudelle he's a known troll who constantly trolls players on the beta boards for not playing warband like a full time job. We got lives, live your own life too

Okey you know calling this Fake Advertising over what you consider NOT an improvement is completely out of boundaries and you should be at least muted or warned for this crappy attitude

Guys just block Noudelle he's a known troll who constantly trolls players on the beta boards for not playing warband like a full time job. We got lives, live your own life too
Ah yes, a quick look at my post history will quickly show you that I'm the most egregious troll in this community.

Guess it's easier to say Amen to everything especially when the same people are struggling to choose the right direction of their attacks.
You'll find it's mostly it's visual pleasure. Warband's combat was visually ugly, Bannerlord quite obviously has improved on that.

Yes, it was intended as a joke more than anything.
That said, it's also blatantly untrue, and I'd bet that even Taleworlds don't believe that statement.
I will say that I did a double-take when I saw the wording...

I know people are going to keep going after you, but just so it means something, I think this ****post is perfectly valid. Before the announcement, there were many people wanting them to delay to really polish the combat with community feedback, however for them to instead announce that in terms of combat... I can understand your frustration.

After playing warband after having 200+ hours in bannerlord beta, I can say without a doubt warband combat is inferior to bannerlord. It's better in every way.

The biggest problem with the fighting mechanics is that it caters to singeplayer more than multiplayer. All this **** saying oh it looks nice it must be better are people that logged into TG arena got shat on and never touched multiplayer again.

The mechanics do not reward skill as much as warband did i think personally that they need to almost mesh the styles together more, more instant reactions to reward skill but also more visually appealing.

After playing warband after having 200+ hours in bannerlord beta, I can say without a doubt warband combat is inferior to bannerlord. It's better in every way.
Yes, the best examples of why this is true are the wonderful changes brought to kicking and chamber blocking. Outstanding improvements that are absolutely essential to the integrity of the Bannerlord experience we've all been waiting for!
For the record, how often do you use kicks and chambers in Bannerlord?

Back
Top Bottom