- Up to 8 castle owning factions (which native multiplayer calls teams) and two extra categories: commoners, which is for players joining the game, changing between the main factions, or who want to play alone, and outlaws, which players who repeatedly kill team members in a short time are restricted to.
- Troop types are not selectable before spawn: you need to pay money and train for a certain amount of time with one of the factions. Some troop types have special abilities, like engineers for building, doctors for healing, brigands best at lock picking, and serfs for the dirty work.
- Troop type, faction, gold, and more are saved every few seconds and restored when rejoining the server, until the mission ends or the server crashes; all data is wiped at the start of the next mission (map / round / game / whatever).
- Enhanced item buying scene props, which combine buying, selling, stockpiling, and crafting; showing the item stats. Most weapon, armour, and horse stockpiles require crafting by engineers from resources before they can be bought from. If the item requires higher stats or skills than your troop has, damage, speed, accuracy, reload time, and riding speed will be adversely affected.
- Destructible trees and mines to harvest resources; trees regrow after being cut down, and mines respawn after longer periods.
- Systems for gathering food, which is a requirement for healing by resting at a bed: fishing, growing wheat for making bread and beer, grapes for wine, and animals for meat. Animals can be herded and butchered with the appropriate skill, which gives meat for eating and hides to make leather for crafting.
- Repairable and buildable scene props, like doors, ladders, walls, and bridges. Doors can be locked, able to be opened by players in the correct faction, and able to be lock picked by others. Improved moving portcullises, drawbridges, a new ferry boat, and a lift platform.
- Doors which teleport players to the location of the other linked door, so the native interior meshes can be used, underneath the terrain.
- Ships that can be sailed, ideally with two players; they can also be damaged, repaired, and sunk.
- Castles that can be captured, which changes the door locks, flags, and more. As well as the primary capture points to take over the whole castle, there can be secondary capture points that must be taken first; either all or at least one, depending on the scene design.
- Castle faction lords, which are players voted in by a faction poll; they can set the faction name, banner, withdraw money from the castle chests, access a unique troop type, and give door and chest access permissions.
- Money bag items to transfer gold between players. Loot bags are dropped when a player dies, taking a small amount of their gold, and all weapons should be dropped. Players can reveal to nearby characters the approximate amount of money they are carrying.
- The ability to loot armor off another character's corpse after their death.
- Various carts and chests which can be used to store weapons, armor, and other items in; different cart types can be attached to either to horses or player characters to move them around. Some ships also have a hold for storage.
- Animations and sounds to quickly communicate with other characters; crouching and pike bracing features recently added to the game engine are enabled.
- Player invulnerability for 10 seconds after spawning (you cannot attack or be attacked).
- Doctors can heal badly injured players up to a limit of their skill, while resting on beds is for fully healing lightly injured players, using food.
- Outlaw ratings for players which are increased by team killing and decrease slowly over time. If a player's outlaw rating is too high they are set to the outlaws faction, and when they die they can only train as the available outlaw troops until their rating drops low enough.
- Various messaging systems for chatting to players nearby, in the same faction, or any server administrators connected; with a toggleable overlay to show the last 11 lines of local chat.
- Various administrator tools.
- An optional feature to use an external web server to restrict player names and clan tag prefixes to specific player serial numbers, kick players using invalid characters in their name, and to set specific permissions to admin tools for each player. One name server could be used for multiple Warband PW servers.
- More ways for scene makers to adjust how the game mode works by setting edit mode scene prop values; things like associated castle, gold value multiplier, linked scene prop, initial state, initial hit points, scene time of day, and which factions are available.
Laszlo: inspiration from the early versions of PW, discussion of ideas, and testing.
Vornne: main developer for this version.
Joss: converting native armour textures to heraldic format, some new meshes, and testing.
Blobmania: new meshes for sign posts, construction boxes, and some food resources.
Austro: new meshes for iron mines and ores, silver and gold mines, and various rocks.
The Bowman: enterable houses adapted from native meshes, a ferry boat.
Mandible: meshes for constructing tunnels.
Yamabusi: new priest, bishop, and surgeon clothing meshes.
Highlander: boar and deer meshes from Age of Machinery (an old M&B mod).
thortheviking: loading and menu background images.
PapaLazarou: frames from his crouching animation that were adapted to suit PW.Lyndon Daniels
: static cow mesh, rigged by Vornne.
The Taleworlds developers: for helpfulness with feature requests, particularly versions 1.134 and 1.142, and for inspiration from the native module system.
Vincenzo: for helping drive many new warband releases - without which a lot of the scripting would be much harder or impossible; also help with testing and bug reporting.
cmpxchg8b: for help with understanding how the game engine works underneath the module system, and for the WSE profiling tool.
mtarini: for creating OpenBRF and fixing reported bugs very quickly.Download information:This mod requires Warband version 1.158 or greater
. To play the game you must connect to a dedicated server: client hosted servers are not supported at all, since they would require a lot of extra code added; the "Host a Game" feature has been entirely replaced by a scene editing mode.Full download of PW 4.4.0
: get this if you are a new player or have messed up your module; it is fully complete and up to date, and doesn't need the patch or to be extracted over Native. Just extract the downloaded file directly into your Warband Modules directory (the .rar has a correctly named mod directory inside).
Or download from an alternate site:Download page at moddb
(might not be updated).Patch from 4.3.0 to 4.4.0
: only get this if you already have PW and want a smaller download. Extract the downloaded file directly into your PW_4.3 module directory (the .rar has patch files, not a mod directory inside) then rename it to "PW_4.4".Optional player client downloads:Patch adding LOD meshes for some small objects and interiors
: this might cause a small FPS increase. This file should stay current for any later versions, so you might want to keep it for extracting into later PW releases; it also requires the following patch to enable it:Patch enabling the LOD meshes in PW_4.4.0
: this must be used in conjunction with the above patch; updated for 4.4.0.Patch adding French language files to the mod
: patch qui ajoute la langue française au mod PW_4_beta3. Made by Dodo / PoKo, not the official developers; read the details here
, or extract into the languages directory inside your PW_4_beta3 module.Server downloads:Download the name server
: optional for server hosters: it is used for reserving player names and clan tags, and setting player specific permissions for each admin tool. Updated for 4.3.Download the dedicated server package
: for scene makers who want to test their scene. Updated during 4.3.0 with the 1.158 dedicated server executable.Server statistics page source code
: optional, an example of formatting the warband server http reply for display on a web page.Browse the main hosting site here
: if you want to check for other old downloads or one of the above links is not working.Forum signature by The Bowman: