Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Becker said:
Just one thing!

MAKE FACTIONS PRIVATE OR BY INVITE ONLY!!!! IM TIRED OF PEOPLE COMING IN WHEN I'M OFFLINE AND HI-JACKING MY FACTION!

No, you and your faction aren't the only people playing, It's not Hijacking if you're offline.

kdchan said:
Hi all, just started today with this mod and i find it amazing, but after i log out and log in later i notice my char, with all my moneys and crafting tools was missing.
Sorry for the silly question but is my char persistent or i have to start from scrath everytime? Because is boring start from commoner everytime. :smile:

You keep your money, and you keep whatever class you were trained as, and you come back in whatever faction you left in. You do not keep and weapons or armor.

Sorry to ask it,

But anyway, is there any plans to make PW open source..? It will be very glad to many modders if you do that.  :idea:

DOMA_ said:
is there any plans to make PW open source..?
Similar questions have been asked and answered many times ever since the first PW releases (most in PMs, but some publicly): since early in development the intention has always been to write and rewrite the code thoroughly in a generic and extensible way, the main objective being to enable efficient development of the overall plan, but with the secondary objective of releasing the full module system publicly as a git repository after the main parts of the current plan are basically completed, when I could spare the time to document the scripts and write guides on how to use the development tools. I also want the finished intended form of PW 4 to be properly tested (the current version is a beta) before splitting into many different incompatible (and difficult to merge between) sub mods adding various trivial things that people or groups can get emotionally attached to.

For a source code release to be successful, it needs proper support from the original developers to be useful to anyone apart from coders skillful enough to write a similar mod from scratch their own way: just dumping the code generally doesn't result in a new or continued project, contrary to common requests.

Fosty99 said:
"Unable to get technique with name specular_alpha_skin"
Try choosing the PW module from the launcher, don't start another mod and get the game to reload when you connect to a PW server: that method doesn't reload the shader file, so does not work for this mod (and other mods with custom shaders). Your error message does not seem related to a PW specific shader though, so you might need to reinstall from a fresh module download, or even reinstall Warband.

Hello I dont know if any of you are with the Persistent Worlds Mod Server: (United HCRP) if so may I speak with a admin from there b/c I just wanted to post a application to become a Admin for that server ive played on it for almost a month now and Ive had no bad encounters with a admin ive always been good and played by the rules my ingame name for the server is Commander_Irish. Please if you can reply that would be great! Hope to talk to someone soon.

Lord Penson said:
Hello, i would like to make my own topic. But, i need some help.. How to make a roster?

Thanks,

Lord Willas Penson
Considering you are a complete **** OOC and IC, I have no reason to help you, and I can't see why you can't make a roster. Its funny that people would even want to join your "house" with such an obnoxious leader.
Look at other threads, like House of Medith and such.

Example,

Lord:
Knights:
Squires:
Serfs:

Irishluck55 said:
Hello I dont know if any of you are with the Persistent Worlds Mod Server: (United HCRP) if so may I speak with a admin from there b/c I just wanted to post a application to become a Admin for that server ive played on it for almost a month now and Ive had no bad encounters with a admin ive always been good and played by the rules my ingame name for the server is Commander_Irish. Please if you can reply that would be great! Hope to talk to someone soon.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,224065.0.html

here you are

New release ready; requires warband 1.150 or later, tested with 1.153:
Vornne said:
4 beta3:
Animal herds controlled with a new herding skill, that can be butchered for meat and hides with the appropriate knives and skill.
Allow feeding animals with wheat sheaves for extra meat when killed.
A server setting to limit the number of herd animals, and a scene prop to automatically spawn herd animals at specified intervals.
Process leather from hides; add saddle and horse armor items for crafting.
Harvestable flax for linen cloth, with a new tailoring skill.
Implement crafting and selling armor and horses at stockpiles.
Enable multiple alternate skills to be used for crafting an item.
Add readable books containing generated crafting lists.
Add a master smith troop with more engineering skill required for heavy armor and weapons.
Add worthless clothing and armor for default spawn equipment, to avoid exploits from selling it.
Reduce the damage dealt by default spawn weapons to compensate for worse spawn armor.
Combat troops respawn with reduced health, combined with doubling every character's maximum hit points; can be disabled by a server setting.
Archers and crossbowmen get blunt falchions with reduced damage, renaming the current item as chipped.
Mines for salt used to preserve food to store or sell.
Double the resting value of most food items.
Food is now required for the same full mining effectiveness as before.
The maximum health percentage for healing with scalpel is now dependent on skill.
Implement a cable ferry that can be moved between two fixed platforms.
Lift platform that moves vertically between two winches.
Enable storage in the holds of larger ships.
Change ship script to measure ground clearance relative to the hull position.
Increase damage to ships when crashing, and damage other ships involved; reduce ship hit points by 30 percent.
Change some movable prop types to use the 1.153 static movement flag, for better server performance with many players.
Automatically recalculate the shadow map, for props using the static movement flag; can be disabled in the action menu.
Fix a script so scene names are retrieved from the server to be displayed in the list, allowing hosters to set their own names.
Adjust priority, volume, and operation used for sounds to work with the latest warband versions.
New scene props from Native 1.153: rock_bridge_a, suspension_bridge_a, mine_a.
New build station and food meshes from Blobmania.
Fix calculation of item price for import stations, which affected wheat sacks in the last version.
Add resting pillow scene props.
Tweak buildable native wall meshes to have inbuilt walkways.
Include another dress mesh from native (court_dress, "Red Pattern Dress").
Add an easily breakable practice shield.
Disable firing crossbows from horseback, as originally intended.
Disallow using any pikes and glaives from horseback.
Increase the damage of the invisible sword to the maximum.
Reduce strength requirements for the great and jousting lances from 15 to 14.
Drop arrows and bolts along with bows and crossbows when respawning without the requirements to wield.
Hide lock picks when equipped but not wielded.
Admin tools to teleport themselves forwards and behind another player.
Allow admins to lock factions to prevent new lords being voted in, for server controlled factions.
Label local and faction chat in the server log, also displaying faction relation, membership, and lordship changes.
Admin lock pick to instantly unlock doors.
Check players joining the server with the godlike troop have permission for it.
Hide targeted agent name if it is wearing invisible armor.
Increase archer polearms proficiency to 70, swapping with two handed.
Give the mercenary troop 1 additional power strike.
Increase the frequency of fish splash effects.
Disallow attaching and detaching carts when items are wielded.
Fix error when attaching nearby carts after a scene change.
Make sure carts float even when the attached horse dies above water.
Allow the faction name to be toggled on or off for character labels.
Allow faction lords to mute members in the faction chat, outlaw them if they have any rating, and reducing the cost to kick.
Allow faction lords to give away castles by using a banner of another faction on their own capture point.
Remove the 5 minute time limit for lords to keep their status after disconnecting.
Change scene selection lists to be in ascending rather than descending order.
Improve the faction banner redrawing script and add castle wall banners.
Use a faster operation for comparing to fixed distances.
Make the setting for commoner and outlaw being treated independently for kills the default, as it matches the original intention.
Check for scene prop linking errors in edit scene mode, and add a feature to indicate unlinked props.
Fix bug in the freeze agent cleanup script which made scene prop instance id 0 disappear.
Fix a money bug affecting deposits in chests, also limiting the money value stored.
Fix script error causing an uninitialized agent id to be used.
Fix a rare presentation error related to the action menu.
Rename usage of "stack count" to "stock count" to be consistent.
More player requested banners, castle names, and scene names.
Name server: add another error message for not being registered.
This release cycle has taken much longer than anticipated, partly due to me changing to full time work and also due to problems in development; it has not had as much testing as I would normally like, so server hosters probably should try running it on a few test servers initially, rather than everyone upgrading at once.

The deer and boar meshes are from an old M&B mod called "Age of Machinery" by Highlander; while they are lower quality and different types than preferred, I don't have the time or artistic skill to make a high quality rigged cow, goat, or sheep mesh, so the only freely available ones I know of have been used, possibly to be replaced or upgraded later. It might seem unrealistic herding wild animals like deer, but either pretend they are cattle or some strange tame breed. I'm not really sure how hard on the server CPU the animal scripts will be - they were profiled using the WSE and seemed OK, but server hosters might find it necessary to adjust the animal limit to suit their hardware.

That armor and horses are now required to be crafted rather than have infinite stock will probably be a big game changer, but it has always been intended, with the alpha releases implementing only part of the features so the mod can get released and tested without taking too many years. The initial implementation will probably need tweaking in various ways, but early suggestions for dramatic changes - especially calls to revert things - will probably be disregarded, since players need time to adjust game play styles for proper fair testing.

The lowered respawn health and worse respawn armor and weapons are intended to make death a bit more meaningful without hampering enjoyable game play too much, along with doubled maximum hit points to make fast accidental death less likely; if people don't want to regain full health with food and resting they can go into battle with approximately the same absolute hit points as before.

A new flag for certain types of moveable scene props was added in 1.150 which should improve server performance, and also allow trees and doors to cast shadows. The only snag is that the shadows are not automatically updated, so the mod calls the new operation on your client to redraw the shadow map every few seconds if you are not moving or blocking: it barely causes noticeable lag on my system (which is pretty decent), but other players with older computers might find it annoying, so they can disable it in the action menu. Feedback on this would be appreciated.

For server hosters using the name server, don't forget to update your database with the line in update_database.sql so you can give permission for certain admins to lock factions. The only other change compared to beta2 is an extra error code the game will recognise, "not_registered_error" in pwnameserver/private/config.php, which can be used for whatever you want.

The number of reasons while I absolutely LOVE IT!!! is so great that full post would take twice that much. I just say:

THANK YOU VORNNE! This is really impressive.  :grin:

Expect a lot of questions in scene making thread. I will make sure that I will test and try before asking. :roll:

[what a gift for my birthday :lol:]

omgomgomgomgomg.gif

Can't believe... :grin:

Back
Top Bottom