Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Not actually, I find Rp on a regular basis I guess something about you doesn't let RP happen.

On Topic: Still Excited for next patch!

hi

excuse my english but i'm a little french :smile:

So , i have create a serveur for PW and i would like have the admin command , can you take me the admin's command ?

Thank you

Like I said before, Night time, to make torches actually used for a reason... and maybe Unique weapons and armor...

But I bet people are just gonna say to this "NO NEVER" etc. 

Deserath said:
Not actually, I find Rp on a regular basis I guess something about you doesn't let RP happen.

On Topic: Still Excited for next patch!

It isnt fun when I am the only one on a server D:

Ok i got a question. As an admin, how do you spawn gold ?

We are setting up a whole new EU serveur with more than 60 slot ( more than 100 actually )
I will give you more new soon.

Is there any news about alpha 6? I know that you don't like to say it, but it will be good if you tell ppl that the progress for the next version is continuing, or not.

And.. Is there a plan that you will release the module system? I think the mod is so greatest ever because you have worked with and build the sources (I mean 'scripts') from the very bottom of the base. It will be an honor if the module system is released.

Aldric said:
Ok i got a question. As an admin, how do you spawn gold ?

We are setting up a whole new EU serveur with more than 60 slot ( more than 100 actually )
I will give you more new soon.

press p and you shall se( dont forguet to enter as admin)

Azrayel said:
Fire(place)s-
Not sure why you posted one suggestion in the correct thread, and another here? Fireable beacons were suggested a long time ago (on my list); but they would have to be placed by the scene maker rather than constructable in any place, since items do not show particles when unequipped and scene props once spawned can never be removed - which would mean players forcing a server restart by lagging everyone out with lots of particle emitting fires. Gaining health is a reasonable suggestion, but "area effects" are much harder on the server than relying on the "use" trigger, making it unlikely to be implemented that way.
norius said:
So , i have create a serveur for PW and i would like have the admin command , can you take me the admin's command ?
When you create a server you should follow the stickied guide thread in this forum board. You get access to the admin commands by typing in the password you set in the server configuration when you connect.
DOMA_ said:
Is there any news about alpha 6? I know that you don't like to say it, but it will be good if you tell ppl that the progress for the next version is continuing, or not.
Based on the recent replies in the suggestions thread and others, I think you could safely deduce that this mod is far from dead.
DOMA_ said:
And.. Is there a plan that you will release the module system? I think the mod is so greatest ever because you have worked with and build the sources (I mean 'scripts') from the very bottom of the base. It will be an honor if the module system is released.
Yes; after enough of the major and disruptive features planned are completed (so the code base can stabilise), and I have time to add some basic documentation. Search for previous threads or questions if you want more information.

Hello, guys. Sorry if there's a bug/help thread, but I figured I'd just come here for a VERY quick question, at any rate. Also sorry if there's someplace that's already explained/fixed this... Google didn't return it, so here I am.

I'm getting an RGL Warning as I try to play. It didn't happen right away, but now the damn thing won't stop. So... it says this:

"!mater->textures[rgl_mtk_diffusemap]->valid"

I'm not really sure what to make of this... any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Scratchtastic said:
"!mater->textures[rgl_mtk_diffusemap]->valid"
I have never heard of that error or anything similar happening for anyone else. First make sure you are updated to the very latest warband version (as specified in the download section - it is a requirement). Then, if the bug happens when playing native as well, reinstall or ask in the warband tech support board, otherwise try deleting the PW module folder and extracting it again. It doesn't sound like anything to do with PW: this mod mostly just uses native art with a few additional derived meshes.

Vornne said:
First make sure you are updated to the very latest warband version (as specified in the download section - it is a requirement).
It says it requires 1.134 on the download page, and I've never had anything BUT 1.134. I double-checked on the main menu and that's what it shows, so we're good there.

Vornne said:
Then, if the bug happens when playing native as well,
I played Native on the GK siege server for like 3 hours last night without any problems, so I don't think it occurs in Native. Not to mention I did a bit of singleplayer throughout the day, yesterday, as well.

Vornne said:
reinstall or ask in the warband tech support board, otherwise try deleting the PW module folder and extracting it again.
I guess I'll try re-extracting. I used 7zip, could that have messed it up since it's an .rar? I have WinRAR, so I'll try that this time around, instead. If it doesn't pan out, I'll head over to the tech board like you recommended.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: there was only one reply, so I needed to change the tense of the word. Haha.

Hey Vorne, version 1.142 of Warband is out, there is some features that you requested included to finish more important things in the mod? thanxs for the great work.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Me no understand. Is the next version for 1.34 or 1.42?
I have decided to make one more release for 1.134, since I started doing that before the latest warband update, but the version after that will require 1.142 for both server and client. You can update to 1.142 now though, as it's always going to be "version X or later" (unless taleworlds makes a major stuff up); I would appreciate if players and server owners would test the current PW release with the latest warband version, to see if there are any bugs which would slow adoption when this mod requires it. It seems to be mainly single player problems from what I can gather around the forums, but there are a few crash reports that could be due to incorrect updating or actual bugs in the engine.

Ok, it's about time I released all the accumulated small fixes - along with one or two medium features - before moving to the latest warband version. This release will work fine with either the stable 1.134 version or the latest 1.142, but it would be good if players and servers would test the latest warband version, to try find out any game breaking bugs ahead of time.
Vornne said:
4 alpha6:
Store admin permissions in the optional name server database.
An administration web page to set permissions.
Change player stats presentation to show each faction in a separate tab.
The lord can adjust faction relations; which are hostile if either lord chooses, but peaceful only with both.
Allow lords to restrict access to faction doors and chests.
Add 4 more possible factions that scene creators can enable.
Allow players to select which owned castle to respawn at.
Select a target agent by holding a key and aiming; this is currently only used by the admin tools. You probably want to change the key in options.
Admins can teleport to all active ships, and when they reset sunken ships, the one they are standing on is reset also.
Don't hide admin tools window when targeting self.
Allow admins to spawn any item for themselves.
Admins can mute players in global chat.
Make admin godlike hero and test horse never drown.
New sign post scene props from Blobmania.
Scene prop to set cloud and haze amounts; cloud amount can be used to select a few more skyboxes.
Burnable wood heaps - they don't do anything, just look pretty - and a water bucket to put out the fire.
Fix the origin for some rotating door meshes so they fall over correctly; this means scene makers will need to readjust them.
Small constructable siege wall and siege shield.
Use scene prop scale for calculating destroyable wall height.
Add destructable snowy wooden bridge.
Setting for drawbridges and portcullises to start the mission closed.
Remove cost of kicking from factions after the first time.
Fix bug where kicking from a faction didn't reset the respawn troop to peasant.
Fix another bug where the respawn troop wasn't changed when "click using" a training station of the same class, to change faction.
Add more native items: wimple_a, wimple_b, barbette, rough_tunic (cvl_costume_a), military_sickle, military_hammer, khergit_sword_c, khergit_sword_d, iron_staff.
Add long axe after removing the two handed mode, removing the invisible reach, and slowing it down slightly.
Add great and jousting lances after removing invisible reach and thrust attacks - so they can only be couched.
Add the spiked club for ruffians.
Allow all directional attacks with the polearm war hammer.
Reduce glaive strength requirement to 14, increase morningstar to 15.
Increase long and war bow speeds.
Make the poison dagger crafted, and add a crafting station for plain daggers.
Fix so war mask doesn't hide beards.
Add four more low skilled troop types: militia, huntsman, craftsman, and healer.
Add a sergeant troop, tweaking man at arms and lord stats to fit in.
A traveler troop with not much strength or weapon skill, but decent athletics, riding, and sailing skill.
Increase doctor riding and one handed skills slightly.
Increase combat skills of outlaw troops slightly.
Change so only carts attached to the player require labouring skill.
Make carts float when detached under water.
Remove hand carts when mounting a horse.
Slightly increase cart horse speed and agility.
Don't fade out horses attached to a cart.
Check horses for attached scene props when players join.
Fix horse speed when under water.
Reduce the volume of horse footstep sounds.
Fix bug where heraldic armor of existing players sometimes wasn't correct after joining the game.
Only check active factions for used banners.
Fix duplicated native banner.
Fix arabian_ground_a bounding object.
Add more player requested banners.
More names for castles, villages, outposts.
Fix ambient sound emitter for looping.
Hopefully I didn't break anything significant, since most of this work has been done on an experimental code branch then picked out and shifted back to the stable branch, and then some testing done with two local clients.

4 alpha6:
Store admin permissions in the optional name server database.
An administration web page to set permissions.
Change player stats presentation to show each faction in a separate tab.
The lord can adjust faction relations; which are hostile if either lord chooses, but peaceful only with both.
Allow lords to restrict access to faction doors and chests.
Add 4 more possible factions that scene creators can enable.
Allow players to select which owned castle to respawn at.
Select a target agent by holding a key and aiming; this is currently only used by the admin tools. You probably want to change the key in options.
Admins can teleport to all active ships, and when they reset sunken ships, the one they are standing on is reset also.
Don't hide admin tools window when targeting self.
Allow admins to spawn any item for themselves.
Admins can mute players in global chat. Helpful for enforcing RP rules, if any.
Make admin godlike hero and test horse never drown.
New sign post scene props from Blobmania.
Scene prop to set cloud and haze amounts; cloud amount can be used to select a few more skyboxes.
Burnable wood heaps - they don't do anything, just look pretty - and a water bucket to put out the fire. We get water buckets as well.
Fix the origin for some rotating door meshes so they fall over correctly; this means scene makers will need to readjust them.
Small constructable siege wall and siege shield.
Use scene prop scale for calculating destroyable wall height.
Add destructable snowy wooden bridge.
Setting for drawbridges and portcullises to start the mission closed.
Remove cost of kicking from factions after the first time.
Fix bug where kicking from a faction didn't reset the respawn troop to peasant.
Fix another bug where the respawn troop wasn't changed when "click using" a training station of the same class, to change faction.
Add more native items: wimple_a, wimple_b, barbette, rough_tunic (cvl_costume_a), military_sickle, military_hammer, khergit_sword_c, khergit_sword_d, iron_staff.
Add long axe after removing the two handed mode, removing the invisible reach, and slowing it down slightly.

Add great and jousting lances after removing invisible reach and thrust attacks - so they can only be couched.
Add the spiked club for ruffians.
Allow all directional attacks with the polearm war hammer.
Reduce glaive strength requirement to 14, increase morningstar to 15.
Increase long and war bow speeds.
Make the poison dagger crafted, and add a crafting station for plain daggers.
Fix so war mask doesn't hide beards.
Add four more low skilled troop types: militia, huntsman, craftsman, and healer.
Add a sergeant troop, tweaking man at arms and lord stats to fit in.

A traveler troop with not much strength or weapon skill, but decent athletics, riding, and sailing skill.
Increase doctor riding and one handed skills slightly.
Increase combat skills of outlaw troops slightly.

Change so only carts attached to the player require labouring skill.
Make carts float when detached under water.
Remove hand carts when mounting a horse.
Slightly increase cart horse speed and agility.
Don't fade out horses attached to a cart.
Check horses for attached scene props when players join.
Fix horse speed when under water.
Reduce the volume of horse footstep sounds.
Fix bug where heraldic armor of existing players sometimes wasn't correct after joining the game.
Only check active factions for used banners.
Fix duplicated native banner.
Fix arabian_ground_a bounding object.
Add more player requested banners.
More names for castles, villages, outposts.
Fix ambient sound emitter for looping.
[/spoiler]Hopefully I didn't break anything significant, since most of this work has been done on an experimental code branch then picked out and shifted back to the stable branch, and then some testing done with two local clients.
[/quote]

Some points of interest I bolded.

Back
Top Bottom