Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Punishment said:
Rhox said:
eth1234567890 said:
Peton said:
dawixx said:
Is it just me or do you loose all the items you bought+some cash after logging out?

When you log out you 'die' and when you die you lose a cut of your gold + any items on your body
remember to sell your stuff before you log out.

or put them in a safe container

There isnt a 'safe'container in this mod

but you can hide one

Rhox said:
Punishment said:
Rhox said:
eth1234567890 said:
Peton said:
dawixx said:
Is it just me or do you loose all the items you bought+some cash after logging out?

When you log out you 'die' and when you die you lose a cut of your gold + any items on your body

but you can hide one
and some one will find it

eth1234567890 said:
Rhox said:
Punishment said:
Rhox said:
eth1234567890 said:
Peton said:
dawixx said:

but you can hide one
and some one will find it

and you then you lost everything without even getting some money.

One slight problem... When i join the server, the Warband.exe crashes. I need to close it in order to get my PC back :p
I think the problem might be that i'm not using Warband 1.153, but i'm not sure. I use the Steam version of the game, and it's always up to date. Maybe steam doesn't apply the patches that soon? It really sucks, since i would like to try this mod out. Patching warband manually isn't possible, probably because i'm using Steam Warband... When i use the patch 1.153 installer it says warband isn't installed on my computer... -.- God, it's always me who has problems with EVERY game....

Centration said:
One slight problem... When i join the server, the Warband.exe crashes. I need to close it in order to get my PC back :p
I think the problem might be that i'm not using Warband 1.153, but i'm not sure. I use the Steam version of the game, and it's always up to date. Maybe steam doesn't apply the patches that soon? It really sucks, since i would like to try this mod out. Patching warband manually isn't possible, probably because i'm using Steam Warband... When i use the patch 1.153 installer it says warband isn't installed on my computer... -.- God, it's always me who has problems with EVERY game....

no, you need to turn environmental shadows on, its on your video options.

Centration said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,234891.0.html
Try this. If it doesn't work, you probably need Warband 1.153. http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/Mount-and-Blade-Warband-Patch.shtml

It has been much less time since the last release than the cycle before that, but I mainly wanted to release the change to the crafting reward system proposed in the suggestions thread; so here is PW_4_beta4:
Vornne said:
4 beta4:
Make crafting rewards proportional to the scene maker's design target stock count, incorporating a percentage of the item price.
Allow players to reveal the approximate contents of their money pouch.
Enable multiplication of resource respawning times according to the scene prop's value 2.
Include lyre and lute instruments, tweaked from native meshes.
Add die item for dice games or deciding things by chance.
Add dart and dart board for tavern games.
Add hide covered shields from native.
Added or tweaked normal maps for some meshes.
Set item length for bows and crossbows for calculations of whether they fit in a chest.
Add an alternate leather processing station using a different mesh.
Allow filling buckets from fountain scene props.
Fix the position offsets for the ferry boat so it moves close to the platforms.
Fix the collision meshes for gatehouse_new_b and gatehouse_new_snowy_a to have all arrow slits open.
Add an invisible item chest for applying to other static scene props.
Increase traveler athletics to 5, reduce cost to 1300.
Player requested banners and castle names.
Fix script error when vines are hit with fists.
Prevent an invalid troop id being used in some cases of admins switching back from godlike.
Name server: kick after a 5 second delay so rejection messages can be displayed from remote servers.
An optional PHP script to format warband server statistics and settings responses.
It mainly just contains a few small features, fixes, and tweaks, with some old unimportant requests done as a break from doing the more complicated scripting involved in the last release. Since I have less time available for PW development these days than six months or a year ago, I will try to break the releases up into smaller, more regular chunks.

For server hosters: remember to set custom scene names as explained in the server hosting guide, rather than leave the default "Blank Scene X" names; and if you use the name server and haven't updated it for beta3, remember to update the database to enable setting the permission to lock factions. I haven't heard of anyone using the feature; did everyone miss it in the last change log, or is it just not useful?

For server hosters: remember to set custom scene names as explained in the server hosting guide, rather than leave the default "Blank Scene X" names; and if you use the name server and haven't updated it for beta3, remember to update the database to enable setting the permission to lock factions. I haven't heard of anyone using the feature; did everyone miss it in the last change log, or is it just not useful?

I saw some people changing the map name for populars servers but most of them don't use it.
Concerning permission tu lock factions. Just to clarify , is a too way to prevent some people to join a faction or just to "protect"certain faction names ?

In terms of usefulness from my past experience, admin got the upper hands to prevent certains faction name to be used if needed.

Also, does the music instruments would be linked to any way of making music or it's just for the look ? As such as the broom which seem to have no usefulness for now.  (Or so i tough )

Finally i would post some new banners from polish and german clan as well as new name for map projects we are currently doing.

Aldric said:
Concerning permission tu lock factions. Just to clarify , is a too way to prevent some people to join a faction or just to "protect"certain faction names ?
It just stops anyone voting in a new lord until an admin with permission unlocks it again; so a faction can be set with a certain name, banner, faction relations, and so on (or alternatively with a fixed lord that can change those things) and then left for days without anyone being able to change it.
Aldric said:
Also, does the music instruments would be linked to any way of making music or it's just for the look ? As such as the broom which seem to have no usefulness for now.  (Or so i tough )
The instruments have no use other than the look, and as with the broom probably never will have any other uses added by me: as repeated in this thread, I don't have much skill in animation or sound recording for the time spent to be worthwhile.

koke007w2 said:
In the new patch has the spawn with half life been taken away?
No, but that is a server option; also, the maximum health of all troops is doubled and only the higher tier combat toops respawn with half the maximum (about the same absolute value as previously), other types effectively have a free health boost at spawn.

Righteous update.

Vornne said:
koke007w2 said:
In the new patch has the spawn with half life been taken away?
No, but that is a server option; also, the maximum health of all troops is doubled and only the higher tier combat toops respawn with half the maximum (about the same absolute value as previously), other types effectively have a free health boost at spawn.

I like the spawn damage system and have seen much more farming/doctor activity because of it, but some servers seem reluctant to use it and prefer to give max health at spawn~ however they like it I suppose.

Azrayel said:
I like the spawn damage system and have seen much more farming/doctor activity because of it, but some servers seem reluctant to use it and prefer to give max health at spawn~ however they like it I suppose.

It doubles max HP.

The game does some calculation with relation to the projectile's piercing capabilities, shield's HP and resistance to determine if you break through shield. Arrows are far less likely than bolts to break through.

Back
Top Bottom