Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

All I can say is  this mod and its community ****ing suck,  ive really honestly tried playing multiple times now, ive read and watched a ton of 'how to' guides,  ive probably spent 4 hrs playing trying to get a grasp of things.

the worst part is the community..... NOT ONCE have i found a helpful person in game, if I try to ask a simple question in global chat It gets ignored, if i repeat said question 5x times i MIGHT get someone tell me to "read the manual", I try to ask a question via local chat and the response is the same.

ive tried to like this mod I really tried, but its community ****ing sucks and ive now deleted this piece of **** from my computer.

First of all, you're not making yourself look any more friendly and approachable by creating an unessential post that nobody will care to remember. Secondly, you're not asking the right people to ask questions from.

Try again Sirinon. It's a good mod and very different from the others.

If I, "Mungo", am on the same server you need only to call my name and I'll come and help you.
I'm sure you have been unlucky. There is a fair amount of decent guys who will introduce you to the mod.

sirinon said:
All I can say is  this mod and its community ******** suck,  ive really honestly tried playing multiple times now, ive read and watched a ton of 'how to' guides,  ive probably spent 4 hrs playing trying to get a grasp of things.

the worst part is the community..... NOT ONCE have i found a helpful person in game, if I try to ask a simple question in global chat It gets ignored, if i repeat said question 5x times i MIGHT get someone tell me to "read the manual", I try to ask a question via local chat and the response is the same.

ive tried to like this mod I really tried, but its community ******** sucks and ive now deleted this piece of **** from my computer.
I agree with Mungo. Yes, I don't deny it, there are some retards playing this mod and killing eachother, but I have met a lot of great people in-game, and I am still a friend of those people who helped me.

My advice is;
Join a faction, that is how you are secured and people will most likely help you when you're in their team.

Kind Regards,
Hrvat.

Make friends, which might be hard to do as something someone like yourself. If you end of finding a like person, join a faction, mine, get money, get armor, pwn newbs, rob people in the funniest ways possible, troll, roleplay. Trollplay. This mod has endless possibilities, just make a friend and exploit them.

Herpa Derp.

sirinon said:
All I can say is  this mod and its community ******** suck,  ive really honestly tried playing multiple times now, ive read and watched a ton of 'how to' guides,  ive probably spent 4 hrs playing trying to get a grasp of things.

ive tried to like this mod I really tried, but its community ******** sucks and ive now deleted this piece of **** from my computer.
Maybe because people know if you actually attempted to do these things before you ask you would find out how to do them.

Guys, is there any way of keeping your items after disconnecting from server, or am I lost to constant cycle of re-earning and re-buying everything?

Mod is quite good, but oh god the randomers.

EDIT: also, how to restart a char?, you know, start from beggining, as if you logged in for the first time?

Ziame said:
Guys, is there any way of keeping your items after disconnecting from server, or am I lost to constant cycle of re-earning and re-buying everything?

Mod is quite good, but oh god the randomers.

EDIT: also, how to restart a char?, you know, start from beggining, as if you logged in for the first time?

You cant keep your items when you disconnect, sell it before leaving.

If you want to start from the begin you need a new CD-Key

Hey I heard this game had missions/rounds but I was wondering how long they last? Because If you start out new then you would have to start as a peasant and become better right?

Ohh yes and do you keep the money you earn?

littlehorsiethingbandit said:
Hey I heard this game had missions/rounds but I was wondering how long they last? Because If you start out new then you would have to start as a peasant and become better right?

Ohh yes and do you keep the money you earn?

Let me tell you how it works on RCC

Normally a map time lasts 100-200 hours ( I think ).

In that time admins and CS will bank for you (you give them money and they put it on a bank account with your name)

After a reset/crash happened you can take money from your account and you can deposit it any time when the bank is open.

Hope this helps you.

Time for another smallish release:
Vornne said:
4 beta5:
Enable the crouching and pike bracing features of recent warband versions; pike animation based on a frame from PapaLazarou.
Player activated animations and voice sounds selected from a menu.
Slightly damage players that are repeating animations excessively.
Add cow and calf animals, from a freely available static mesh and texture by Lyndon Daniels.
Tweaked horse animations with less bending of the neck, more appropriate for other animals.
Implement optional limits for resource stockpiles, and less tax when stock is less than the initial count.
Reduce crossbow accuracy and increase reload time for troops with less skill.
Weapons with a bonus against shields do double damage to wooden structures.
Tweak strength requirements of lower tier weapons to be more consistent.
Prevent food items with no nutritional value from being eaten.
Adjust the inconsistent item price of the shortened military scythe.
Play an animation when accessing cart or chest inventories.
Reduce the maximum range to attach carts for smaller types.
Adjust the collision meshes of some carts and packs to try reduce possible glitching.
Fix the collision mesh for gatehouse_new_b and gatehouse_new_snowy_a to avoid some servers crashing.
Fix error introduced when hunting bow speed was changed instead of length.
Fix some more money display bugs.
Fix bug where players trying to loot armor they don't meet the requirements for would destroy it.
Fix a bug in the action menu.
Prevent a possible script error when moving animal herds.
Prevent looting from agents fading out.
Fix texture glitches on some native tree meshes.
Increase shield skill for higher tier combat troops.
Add stockpiles for linen thread and wheat sheaves.
Add a flag for setting rotating doors to have half of normal hit points.
Hide agents more effectively when invisible armor is equipped, using a new operation.
Allow admins in invisible or black armor to attach carts from greater distances, also making the code more robust.
Allow admins with "faction" permission to vote themselves as lord.
Set agent speed modifier to 0 when frozen by an admin.
Server option for adjusting the percentage of initial stock from the scene design counts.
Add requested banners, castle and scene names.
The animations and voice sounds available might seem a bit haphazard and unpolished, but the focus was mainly on implementing the scripts and presentation, then using whatever random things were available from native - as said before, I'm not really much of an animator or recording artist.

Scenes made for previous versions should work mostly fine, with one exception: if resource stockpiles (like branches, iron bars, leather rolls) have their value 2 set for an initial stock count, they need to be changed to the new format discussed in the suggestions thread, which is specified in the edit scene mode information window (lowest digit is initial and target stock / 10, highest digits are stock limit / 100). It hopefully shouldn't be too much of a chore, since there are not very many of that type of scene prop.

I did say to some people that code to try prevent or clean up after various cart glitches would be added, but what was done caused problems that I thought might take too long to test and fix, so it was taken out.

Unfortunately the preferred hosting site seems to be down, so currently the only site with the latest version is the nexus.

Back
Top Bottom