Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Phoenix234 said:
Vornne i didnt realise sailing was insanely slow unless you were a sailor, maybe abit to much?
do the different boats require different skill levels?
Check the class stats; it depends on the "sailing" skill rather than the sailor class. The skill limits the top speed of the ship: the small ship has a top speed of 6, the medium 5, and the big one 4 (for any class), and then the game limits the speed to the lowest of the ship speed or the sailing class, but never less than 1; sailors have 9 sailing skill, engineers and brigands 4, footmen, archers, and crossbowmen 3, and everyone else uses the minimum of top speed 1. I should probably make mercenaries have 3 or 4 skill, now that I think of it... lords, horsemen, and men at arms don't have sailing skill, as if learning to climb up the mast to raise the sails would be beneath their dignity.

So it should only be insanely slow if you are trying to sail with a peasant or serf, or another "non sailing" class. If you want the outlaws to have access to an unlimited sailing top speed, just add a sailor training station with the var1 = 1 (outlaws id).

Vornne said:
Phoenix234 said:
Vornne i didnt realise sailing was insanely slow unless you were a sailor, maybe abit to much?
do the different boats require different skill levels?
Check the class stats; it depends on the "sailing" skill rather than the sailor class. The skill limits the top speed of the ship: the small ship has a top speed of 6, the medium 5, and the big one 4 (for any class), and then the game limits the speed to the lowest of the ship speed or the sailing class, but never less than 1; sailors have 9 sailing skill, engineers and brigands 4, footmen, archers, and crossbowmen 3, and everyone else uses the minimum of top speed 1. I should probably make mercenaries have 3 or 4 skill, now that I think of it... lords, horsemen, and men at arms don't have sailing skill, as if learning to climb up the mast to raise the sails would be beneath their dignity.

So it should only be insanely slow if you are trying to sail with a peasant or serf, or another "non sailing" class. If you want the outlaws to have access to an unlimited sailing top speed, just add a sailor training station with the var1 = 1 (outlaws id).

thanks :grin: thats perfect, also can people in the smallest boat get onto the biggest? i got told today that the up arrow board boat option was removed

CalenLoki said:
it's still there, not removed.
Correct; the only change since first release to the ship climbing code was to exclude sunken ships from the check. You have to be pretty close to the side of the middle section of the hull.

Vornne said:
NOVICIUS said:
Is there is any chance to, while I choose this banner for my faction, have chat in red instead of white
The only way is to change the banner background color, which is used for heraldic armor and faction color. Armor generally looks best if the color matches one of the colors at the border of the banner texture, but since white is used for quite a few banners, and in this case red would probably look alright outside the white rectangle (as if it were a border), I'll change this one.

Thank you very much :grin:

Just one more question/suggestion:
Would it be possible to give banner changing option to each player. I mean: in the same way like leader of faction can change banner of faction through the option menu a single player would have option to change his personal one. It is not very importand and it is not worth it if it would take to much work. The reason for it is to have knights with different banners on their shields within the same faction for more "medieval color" experience. It would be nice to recognise player after his banner rather than his name on top of his head.

At the moment there is way arround which I test yesterday:
1.I payed 2k leader of my faction
2.He change faction banner to my banner
3.I bought shield with my banner
4.He change back to faction banner
5.I had faction banner on my armor but I had also shield with my personal banner.

No, PW 4 is not designed at all for personal banners; the native code for it has been totally removed (along with nearly all other native scripts). As I've said before, PW 4 is geared more towards teamwork and factions, rather than individual "solo" play, and the banner system is one way to try encourage that, by making factions easily recognizable. In native, factions are recognizable by their unique armor, but in PW, the armor for each faction depends on the scene maker and what castles the faction owns.

OK

while I am asking...

There is money bug which make dissapear number of gold you have. I mean you still have your gold but you do not know how much anymore.

Yeah, it's caused by the new money presentation (since the native one doesn't display values over 131071 correctly) disappearing for some reason, and pressing "l" for the log screen and then closing resets all presentations; so it's a general fix for all sorts of mixed up 2D visual stuff. I have only seen the missing gold value bug once, and haven't tried to track it down yet - it should stay visible for over a week.

Vornne said:
CalenLoki said:
but you could change code Vornne, so server list display correct map name (and server owners don't have to change code to add map)
I'm pretty certain that the server list will be correct if it's only changed in strings.txt on the server, since the scene name is sent as a string to the (hard coded) server list; so adding it to strings.txt for everyone is only necessary for the map poll presentation to be correct. So to name your scene (number N) for the server list: near the end of PW_4/strings.txt, edit the line starting with str_scene_name_N to end with your scene name, making sure you leave one space between the string identifier and the name, and replace all spaces in the name with underscores ('_').

It seems it doesn't work. I changed strings.txt that is in a dedicate server folder as 'Dodo_Island', but it just showed 'Scene_2'. What's wrong with it..?

str_scene_name_1 Test_Scene
str_scene_name_2 Dodo_Island
str_scene_name_3 Scene_3
str_scene_name_4 Scene_4
str_scene_name_5 Scene_5
str_scene_name_6 Scene_6
str_scene_name_7 Scene_7
str_scene_name_8 Scene_8
str_scene_name_9 Scene_9
str_scene_names_end scene_names_end
str_castle_name_0 Unknown
str_castle_name_1 Castle_Praven
str_castle_name_2 Castle_Jelkala
str_castle_name_3 Castle_Sargoth
str_castle_name_4 Caslte_Shariz
str_castle_name_5 Mine_Volcain
str_castle_name_6 Mt_Hellstone
str_castle_name_7 City_Jerusalem
str_castle_name_8 Generic_Castle_8
str_castle_name_9 Generic_Castle_9
str_castle_names_end Invalid_Castle_Name

DOMA_ said:
It seems it doesn't work. I changed strings.txt that is in a dedicate server folder as 'Dodo_Island', but it just showed 'Scene_2'. What's wrong with it..?
I just tested it myself, and it worked fine (dedicated server on another local computer). If you change scene names in the server strings.txt they will be correct in the server list on the clients; the scene names will not be correct for polls, and the castle names won't work without editing on the clients either (as I've said before, you can request castle names be added - there can be up to 128 in total).

Vornne said:
DOMA_ said:
I just tested it myself, and it worked fine (dedicated server on another local computer). If you change scene names in the server strings.txt they will be correct in the server list on the clients; the scene names will not be correct for polls, and the castle names won't work without editing on the clients either (as I've said before, you can request castle names be added - there can be up to 128 in total).

Oh,, well then. Can you add them to alpha5?

str_castle_name_ Castle_Praven
str_castle_name_ Castle_Jelkala
str_castle_name_ Castle_Sargoth
str_castle_name_ Caslte_Shariz
str_castle_name_ Mine_Volcain
str_castle_name_ Mine_Bono
str_castle_name_ Mine_Pilmir
str_castle_name_ Mt_Hellstone
str_castle_name_ City_Jerusalem

Sure, but the conventional order (in English at least) would be "Praven Castle" or "Pilmir Mine", and I presume "Caslte Shariz" is a typo? "Jerusalem City" or just "Jerusalem" would be normal as well. If you want to keep the order, that's ok, but otherwise I'll swap them around.

Vornne said:
Sure, but the conventional order (in English at least) would be "Praven Castle" or "Pilmir Mine", and I presume "Caslte Shariz" is a typo? "Jerusalem City" or just "Jerusalem" would be normal as well. If you want to keep the order, that's ok, but otherwise I'll swap them around.

Yeh, your opinion is better than mine.

Is this ok?
str_castle_name_10 Praven_Castle
str_castle_name_11 Jelkala_Castle
str_castle_name_12 Sargoth_Castle
str_castle_name_13 Shariz_Castle
str_castle_name_14 Volcain_Mine
str_castle_name_15 Bono_Mine
str_castle_name_16 Pilmir_Mine
str_castle_name_17 Mount_Hellstone
str_castle_name_18 Jerusalem

Vornne said:
Is this ok?
str_castle_name_10 Praven_Castle
str_castle_name_11 Jelkala_Castle
str_castle_name_12 Sargoth_Castle
str_castle_name_13 Shariz_Castle
str_castle_name_14 Volcain_Mine
str_castle_name_15 Bono_Mine
str_castle_name_16 Pilmir_Mine
str_castle_name_17 Mount_Hellstone
str_castle_name_18 Jerusalem

Yep.

This is wayyyy more complicated than v3...........................................

Version 4 alpha5 released:
It's been a while, and might not seem like much in the way of new features, but I've mostly spent the time working on getting the item storage in carts (and chests) to work; however, there are various glitches and annoying things with the current implementation which should be fixed in the next warband patch, so I removed the item storage code and will add it back for the next version, with a requirement for servers and clients to use warband version 1.135 rather than 1.134 (or whatever version the next release ends up being).
Vornne said:
Download PW_4_alpha5
Download PW_4_alpha5 patch
4 alpha5:
Allow switching to commoners or outlaws with the peasant, ruffian, or brigand stations, only changing troop after respawn.
Allow changing faction without respawning if already the correct troop.
Allow switching to mercenary without respawning, only changing troop after respawn if the previous troop was better.
Adjust mercenary training to only check castles that have training stations.
Optional victory condition that ends the game after a faction holds all castles for a specified amount of time.
Fix castle banner flag updating with multiple flag poles.
Check that the banner is wielded when capturing a castle.
Reduce price of faction banner items.
Change banners to use a simple flat mesh, add removed native banners back in, reduce the size of banners on native heraldic armor.
Add some player requested banners.
Reduce the size of banners on native heraldic armor.
Admin chat, with fixes and enhancements to the custom chat message scripts.
Add "godlike" troop as an admin tool; this is intended for rule enforcement, testing, or major events, not for general play.
New invisible sword included with the invisible armor; admins wearing invisible armor are almost invincible.
Tool to refill health, as an admin.
Admin armors or troop toggle on and off when used repeatedly.
Remove previous hair and arm guards when equipping head and hand armor.
Lock picking for rotating and teleport doors, like the castle money chests.
Allow open doors to be repaired.
Fix tree felling rotation angle to match ground.
Iron ore stockpile.
Adjust cart horse stats and price.
Require labouring skill to attach carts.
Adjust crafting reward based on stack count.
Modify the prison cage scene prop to be used with a matching openable door.
Add a cloth scene prop to clean blood, if your health is more than 70%.
Change agent drowning check to use a timed loop, so delays don't accumulate.
Revert drowning time to be faster overall, but slightly slower with high sailing skill.
Fix for incorrect player being displayed as the killer by poison.
Reduce bed resting times by a third.
Make the player stats chart grab the mouse focus, so both lists can be scrolled; update less often with many players.
Allow signs to be used for other things than castles.
Better generic castle names, and added names for the Dodo Island scene.
Increase mercenary sailing skill to 3, and increase brigand looting skill to 6.
Lowered protection and increased the cost of higher tier armor.
Add full face mask helmet.
Adjust cart attach point and detach animation; cart props in existing scenes will need to be raised.
Add new menu and loading background images, by thortheviking.

Back
Top Bottom