Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Well there shouldnt even be a removal of these powers. There should simply be trusted admins on board the admin ship who dont abuse powers in order to gain advantage for their faction/group.

There shouldn't but there is. It's harder than ever to track those who are using the cheat because some people actually get millions. The cheat, in my opinion, does not help roleplay, but only gives admins a gameplay advantage (which they shouldn't have).

Sixpence said:
I love everything except from starting out as a serf all the time
What do you mean by that? If you are dying or disconnecting from the game as a combat class and getting reset to a peasant, that's a bug; but if the server crashed or restarted, it's not. So all you need to do is save up 2000 denars (anyone can cut sticks from the small bushes / trees that are marked "Harvest"), train as a footman, and then never be a serf again until the map restarts, if you want. I'll be adding some less effective tools to the serf and peasant default equipment, next version. And no, I'm hardly ever going to just "revert to the old system", whatever it is: if you know anything about game development, it just isn't done, for a bunch of reasons.
Splintert said:
Would there be a way for N0body to turn off the admin cheat for certain people, or remove it in whole?
Not at the moment. You mean just the money, or would other things need to be restricted? Or would it be best to only allow a few things, deny everything else? What do these untrustworthy people have admin rights for?
Splintert said:
It's harder than ever to track those who are using the cheat because some people actually get millions.
Every time an admin uses it, their name, unique id, and the amount is written to the server log. The same for all the other admin tools. I can make a server setting to disable the feature for everyone, if you think that N0body would use it.

i don't know why but we have way too many admins.

just the admin cheat.

i meant tracking them ingame so we can report them to n0body, i doubt he has looked at any logs since.... last month. xD

Do you think you'd ever want a particular admin to be able to use it? Because I just remembered an idea for restricting admin tools: have an "admin level" value in the name server database, which you can set only for the uids of your trusted admins. Are you using the name server / do you plan to use it?

Okay, I just played it and I found some good and some bad things.

First of all, the horses shouldn't be that expensive, it's a bit annoying and boring to just run around the map all the time.

Second, the bugs... There was many of them , beginning with buying and ending with score table not disappearing.

I like the kingdom system since it adds more teamwork and medieval atmosphere to the game. Also the money system seems more interesting now, though it can be a bit annoying.

Also, there should be more weapons for sale, not only that you craft cause there was barely any melee weaponry available.

King of Scotland said:

Also, there should be more weapons for sale, not only that you craft cause there was barely any melee weaponry available.

There are plenty of weapons availible. did you go inside to the armories? there is more weapons now than on 3,5.

Eragon91 said:
King of Scotland said:

There are plenty of weapons availible. did you go inside to the armories? there is more weapons now than on 3,5.
I'm talking about the Castle Armories.

Set an admin rule to only have enough admin money in your account to pay for the item your buying with it.
if your paying 1000 to something you only need 1000 cash in your account.

thats what ive been doing to avoid giving players my cash on death.

a toggle of invis and admin armour is the only admin suggestion i can think of, maybe a admins cant use admin powers on each other too? kill, ban kick etc shouldnt be used on other admins  at all :/ esp without a record of what happened.

maybe when someone is kicked, banned or temp banned it says Adminname kicked XXXX etc? so no stealth kicking

King of Scotland said:
Eragon91 said:
King of Scotland said:

There are plenty of weapons available. did you go inside to the armories? there is more weapons now than on 3,5.
I'm talking about the Castle Armories.

I agree, i found myself crafting weapons for ages, only for them all to be snatched up and discarded within half an hour.

1 question. Can you use the carts to load wood and other stuff on them, like say 5 miners worked together to load up a cart and take it to town?

Known issues, probably not fixable:
•Items dropped on the ground by players will disappear after about 3 minutes; this seems to be hard coded.

cmpxchg8b might add the possibility to change despawn time for items in his script enhancer stuff.

Now.. maybe on drawing board the Outlaw faction worked in theory, but it's not the case in game. Too often it is seen new players randomly killing tons of people 30 seconds after they have connected to the server. And then we ask them why random "Oh I want to be in the Outlaw faction..." 

At the mod's current state, randomers are REWARDED with the moneybags of innocent hard working serfs who take care of the economy, and the randomer also gets in the special faction they want to join, so they can random more people more effectively.. Namely more serfs. The Outlaws then chase down commoners demanding tax over bridges and around harvesting areas.

IMO the outlaws NEED the serfs too and the serfs should damn well tax the Outlaws instead.

So yea... instead of rewarding people with Outlaw faction, just make it an autokick from the server after few teamkills. That is much better than the current randomer encouragement.

The idea is that you get (or pay) some soldier faction mates to protect you and deal with the outlaws, rather than going off alone and expecting it to be all peace and flowers...

Small compatibility breaking update (server and client need to be the same):
Vornne said:
4 alpha2:
Added mercenary troops which can only be trained as when that faction owns no castles, to allow the faction to recapture a castle.
Worked around the stick selling exploit by making it a melee weapon only.
Added some default tools for peasants and serfs; they are lower quality.
Repairing ships is fixed.
Added an admin command to reset all sunk ships to their initial position.
Added a faction lord command to kick a player from your faction; this costs money, so it hopefully isn't overused.
Changed some conflicting meshes that made the small trees (which anyone can cut sticks from) very hard to hit.
Added a server console option to make killed commoners (peasants) drop no loot: "set_force_default_armor 1".
Added a server console option to disable admin gold: "set_disallow_ranged_weapons 1".
Some other miscellaneous fixes.
Now it's shockingly late here (again); I need to get to the bed.

Back
Top Bottom