Yarn of insignificant questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Bromden said:
If it makes you tired, it's good exercise.
True only if the point of the exercise is not to be too fat. If you want to accomplish anything more, than just spazzing around, doing inanities like burpees until you're tired won't do anything.

Bromden said:
Building muscle is for boogerbrains who train only for visual reasons.
There's what's wrong. Training can make you stronger/faster/longer/sharper/wiser/nicer/whatever. If your only (or biggest) motivation is vanity, then you should go home and rethink your life.

Bromden said:
There's what's wrong. Training can make you stronger/faster/longer/sharper/wiser/nicer/whatever. If your only (or biggest) motivation is vanity, then you should go home and rethink your life.
If one's biggest motivation in life is vanity then yes one should go home and rethink life but if one's biggest motivation is vanity in training, there is nothing wrong with this. If you want to build muscle, it does not mean that you will spend your all time in gym. My point is you can both build muscle and improve yourself in whichever aspect you want. Training provides many benefits and you can do it for whatever purpose you have. It's just a matter of choice.

Bromden said:
Yes, it's a matter of choice. But if you choose vanity as the main purpose, you are shallow as ****.

Hey, I never disputed that :razz:

But speaking of that I go to the gym because I want to be physically strong too, not just better looking.

It's not, both are important. You come to appreciate enhanced strength and resistance when you can easily pick up a girl and give her the sex most guys can't, or the countless other practical applications in daily life / sports if you're not a completely sedentary bloke. Even moving furniture becomes a lot less of a pain in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom