Yarn of insignificant questions

Users who are viewing this thread

But when a man trains for looks, he is bound to become stronger. Unless training for looks means starving to reach the twink otter look in that particular case.

When he trains for strength, then the effect on looks depends on his starting position. If Zac Effron started training for pure strength from now on, his looks would take a hit. If Jonah Hill did it, his looks would improve, but there would still be a more effective way for him to improve both than powerlifting and GOMAD.

Just saying that both aspects greatly benefit a man. There are definitely great workout programmes that can improve both by a lot simultaneously and that's what you should look for. Michael Matthews' Bigger Leaner Stronger book is definitely among the best.

Tennessee Jack said:
Saying people who workout for looks are vain pussies is 100% fat guy logic.
I agree.
Of course training can benefit people from lots of aspects but it does not necessarily mean people who workout for looks are shallow. If you think you can judge people according to their workout purposes, maybe you are the shallow one.

BenKenobi said:
Honestly, being better looking is much better goal than being physically strong.

Tennessee Jack said:
Saying people who workout for looks are vain pussies is 100% fat guy logic.

What about both at the same time?

702735162b9ed7edc6d7627892ec2662.jpg

Has anyone made a comedy about a guy who magically gets caught in a video game and has to endure all the logical inconsistencies?
Break an arm, then eat an apple to heal. Buy a sword for 1000 gold coins and sell it for 5. Can run but only for 10 seconds - then abruptly just walks... et.c.

Ummmm yes kinda iirc someone did that with Zelda games a while back but I don't remember what it was called. Maybe the legend of Duncan/standard American name.

Adorno said:
Has anyone made a comedy about a guy who magically gets caught in a video game and has to endure all the logical inconsistencies?
Break an arm, then eat an apple to heal. Buy a sword for 1000 gold coins and sell it for 5. Can run but only for 10 seconds - then abruptly just walks... et.c.
This is from a while ago, but from what I remember it's similar to what you're describing:

Adorno said:

If any such film or series exists then I hope the director dies of dysentry.

It helps maintain Islam as a foreign religion because they don't call their god "God" like Christianity and Judaism.

Non-meme answer: Muslims use Arabic jargon despite not speaking Arabic. You could translate "zakat" or "hajj" or any other generic term into english but Islam is so fundamentally linked to Arabic that most muslims wouldn't use them, and would probably actively fight against their use. I can imagine that muslims in predominantly Christian countries would be worried about sounding like Christians themselves if they just said "God"

Calradianın Bilgesi said:
is there any value in translating allah as allah rather than god?
Oh Allah!
You just reminded me how I was watching a movie about Friday Kahlo (Kalho? Khalo?)
The movie was in English, but they randomly added bits in Spanish.
Hello Pedro, how's your mujer? Ahhh she is a puta xD!
There's also a movie based on a book by Garcia Marquez and they do the same ****. people on the street all speak Spanish, but the main characters speak English. But they are not English or American or whatever in the film.

Even worse, there was once a BBC drama about Italian cops. All the women were actual Italians and spoke with Italian accents and mannerisms, but all the men were just english actors speaking in their native voices. It was weird as all hell.

Having Spanish actors in english films say "amigo" randomly to telegraph their spanishness is goofy and weird, but when they're actually supposed to be speaking spanish in-universe it's not all that weird.

Back
Top Bottom