Wood OP Don't Nerf

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd say money is rather scarce in Bannerlord considering how you have to pay your troops every day instead of every month. In the early game I was constantly scrambling to make ends meet, and even resorted to trading in paltry goods, something I never did in Warband, since I couldn't catch smaller bands of bandits and bigger bands outclassed the few ****ty troops I could afford.

I was hoping that once I got enough money from quests to invest in a shop, I'd have a little overhead to invest in better troops and equipment and start the midgame as a mercenary. Turns out it was unnecessary, a single wood shop returns 2k-10k every day.

I think its safe to say this isn't working as intended. But I don't want the devs to 'fix' it until they address the the high frequency of troop pay and the pathetic compensation you get as a merc. 15 coins for every party you kill, regardless of size, is simply a non-starter.

It is better to make the player overpowered than underpowerd imo. Less frustrating and people can experience more of the game before giving up.

Yep, getting offered 10 gold for every party I fight when I was having to pay 250+ gold *every day* to field my troops was ridiculous. Pretty much had to hunt looters 24/7 since looting villages isn't that profitable. The only way to make money seems to be: have a tiny party that grinds looters until you can buy a wood shop.

I couldn't get any dialogue to build a shop. Just simply nevermind when I talk to the dudes.

However money was stupid simple for me. Get a caravan going and then just figh fight fight. I'm at 90k gold a town and a castle all independent since I cannot make a kingdom.

I couldn't get any dialogue to build a shop. Just simply nevermind when I talk to the dudes.

However money was stupid simple for me. Get a caravan going and then just figh fight fight. I'm at 90k gold a town and a castle all independent since I cannot make a kingdom.

How much money does your caravan make you? I'm averaging about 300gold

How much money does your caravan make you? I'm averaging about 300gold
it started around 200-300 with a few days where it was less. But once my clan went to level 3 he was able to carry 20 more troops, auto recruited more caravan peeps, and its 600-1k now. I think he levels up in trading automatically too, add him as quartermaster, which makes it do more.

I have little trouble with money past my first fief, but perhaps it's a question of having too many troops, rather then not enough money? Money is supposed to be a limiting factor on upgraded troops.

it started around 200-300 with a few days where it was less. But once my clan went to level 3 he was able to carry 20 more troops, auto recruited more caravan peeps, and its 600-1k now. I think he levels up in trading automatically too, add him as quartermaster, which makes it do more.
How does a clan go a tier up?I'm stuck at tier 2.

The workshops are one of my favorite changes. I hate having to slowly grind for cash in the beginning. Tournaments are good, but risky. If you fail you lose money. The workshops are safe and profitable - they let me get to the good stuff faster.

Money is an issue early game, for sure.
Once you become a vassal you really start snowballing though. On average a battle against 40 enemies yiels you at best 15k, at worst 2k. 15k if you manage to capture some rare armour as I did once. 2k if they have really really poor troop quality, or if you don't capture the lord. On average I usually get about 4k or so when fightning smaller armies. Once you get big enough to face the big guys - 100-150 or so, I can only imagine you make much more.

I'm nearing up on 200k. Clan lvl 3, about 400 renown. Making 450 a day from workshops + captured cities. The new economy takes a while to get used to, and you can certainly notice the game is in EA.

I`ve just set my 3rd wood workshop to cover my -206 expenses with troops, saw an update pendent, after the update my income jumped from 600 to 24251 wtf???

Right now, winning battles against other clan leaders is the best way to grab cash. Defeated one guy, got 50k. Won a major army vs army battle, nabbed 1.5m, set for life.

Back
Top Bottom