Why was the Charm level 275 perk changed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
For those who don't remember, the ultimate perk in the charm skill tree, "immortal charm" used to give +1 influence for every 5 charm skill over level 250 every day. This would result in the player gaining +5 influence per day upon obtaining the perk, with the possibility of increasing this gain up to +16 influence per day at the maximum skill level of 330, which would require an investment of 10 attribute points.

In patch 1.1, the perk description changed to "every 5 skill points over level 200" which in reality worked exactly the same as before, but would've been overkill if it worked as the description said in my opinion.

However, with patch 1.2, the perk was changed to grant +5 influence flat per day. No scaling, nothing, which is incredibly lacklustre. Why was this changed? Just make it how it was before, it required a lot of investment to give a massive amount of influence, which made sense. Why would anyone now want to invest further into the skill, or to social in general now? The trade 300 skill, while strong, doesn't scale either. Just make the ultimate perk in charm the same as before, don't try to fix something that wasn't broken. Speaking of trade, I think that its current ultimate perk "everything has a price" should be moved to around level 250 and the ultimate perk in trade should grant scaling trade penalty reduction & barter penalty reduction.

For those who don't remember, the ultimate perk in the charm skill tree, "immortal charm" used to give +1 influence for every 5 charm skill over level 250 every day. This would result in the player gaining +5 influence per day upon obtaining the perk, with the possibility of increasing this gain up to +16 influence per day at the maximum skill level of 330, which would require an investment of 10 attribute points.

In patch 1.1, the perk description changed to "every 5 skill points over level 200" which in reality worked exactly the same as before, but would've been overkill if it worked as the description said in my opinion.

However, with patch 1.2, the perk was changed to grant +5 influence flat per day. No scaling, nothing, which is incredibly lacklustre. Why was this changed? Just make it how it was before, it required a lot of investment to give a massive amount of influence, which made sense. Why would anyone now want to invest further into the skill, or to social in general now? The trade 300 skill, while strong, doesn't scale either. Just make the ultimate perk in charm the same as before, don't try to fix something that wasn't broken. Speaking of trade, I think that its current ultimate perk "everything has a price" should be moved to around level 250 and the ultimate perk in trade should grant scaling trade penalty reduction & barter penalty reduction.
My guess is that the perk was "too easy" to get for the players vs the massive effect it have (donate lords to dungeons, aid others in combat, rescue prisoners from dungeons etc)(its imo the easiest of perks to hit 275 in.

And thus it became a balance issue, with the player most likely being the ones with perk maxed out, and thus giveing us "full control" of a kingdome with spamming things you know the others would vote against, and when their influence is dried up, you'd vote for the thing you want boom.

As for moveing the perk you say from 300 to 250 I full hearty agree with.
While trade is easier to lvl up now that before, it still is way to slow vs alot of the other perks for "casual gamers"(there is many ways to cheese it realtive fast though, lots of guides on youtube on the how).

But I think it could be abit more "fun" for players who dont want to start their own kingdome from conquest, but do it from this part.
Just getting to 300 unless you cheese it, its really grindy(imo)

I mean I get that in specific instances, like being a mercenary with the intention of bankrupting a kingdom, getting up to 16 influence every day can be a bit imbalanced, but honestly, since it requires so much investment to reach such levels, it being OP at such levels is fine and need no balancing in my opinion.

the old 275 charm made influence mostly irrelevant. There was no opportunity cost to levelling charm (other than focus/attribute), as playing catch-release of lords is the strongest way to gain all resources in the game

My guess is that the perk was "too easy" to get for the players vs the massive effect it have (donate lords to dungeons, aid others in combat, rescue prisoners from dungeons etc)(its imo the easiest of perks to hit 275 in.
he old 275 charm made influence mostly irrelevant. There was no opportunity cost to levelling charm (other than focus/attribute), as playing catch-release of lords is the strongest way to gain all resources in the game
Yeah it's super easy to level charm up, but you still have to spend points to get it, so you need to get something worthwhile. Getting little extra influence this way was nice if you were a 10 soc character, but you could get so much influence from doing thing like just bringing piles of prisoners into a fief after a battle (or even related bugs to repeat it) that the idea of balancing this perks effect is just silly. It's similar to the nerfing of golden spring: okay it's a lot of bonus money potentially, but you can get 2 towns gold worth from one large battle, multiple times a day often, so who cares?

Back
Top Bottom