Why people disregard other classes than infantry? (Multi)

Users who are viewing this thread

Temuçin

Knight at Arms
Hey all,

Why do you think people call archers and cavalry "noob" that can't fight? I think every class has different aspects to consider. What is your opinion about this?

Cavalry and archers fight quite different way from infantry. Of course they target each other as well, but this focus on them vs inf: both try to create situations where infantry can't fight to defend itself. 

Archers fire arrows far away, hoping to break the shield or get an arrow past it, or create crossfire. If infantry gets too close, archers run away.

Cavalry rarely come close to infantry when infantry has anti-cavalry weapon and is expecting it. Instead, it waits until infantry is preoccupied with something else, maybe fighting with another infantry. Then cavalry comes for a free backstab. Cavalry can also bumpstab/slash, that again being a move infantry really can't defend against. Skilled cavalry player can even take down an infantry armed with anti-cav weapon in 1 to 1 fight. In public servers it's often cavalry players who take top spots in scoreboard.

Because of those, infantry players feel that other classes have unfair advantages. Being unable to defend himself is quite frustrating. Personally I enjoy fighting as infantry. Unfortunately it's other class players often ruin melee fights, and therefore I am more often seen in duel or melee only servers.

"Pro" players say that all classes are balanced. I disagree on that. At least I'd like to see cavalry being able to bump friendlies, that way they would not come so easily galloping full speed in melee fights. Would create a problem with griefers though, but that's another story.

the final answer is people dont play their characters as they should if they have a complaint about another class. plain and simple final story, theres a way around everything, a way to handle anything.

personally this game needs to redo the whole feign / parry bull **** mechanics... its just... utterly.. ridiculous how much of a mechanics glitch it is.

The classes are balanced and all are useful, there hasn't been a successful team that has managed to win using all one class or even ignoring only one class (except maybe cavalry on maps like village, but thats a special case).

The main issue people get frustrated as inf on public battle is that people generally don't want to have to wait around for flags because rangers/cav on the other team are camping or kiting. As such inf end up pushing constantly which can be a frustrating experience when you end up just running after people for half the round.

So basically it comes down to the fact that there are no gameplay elements that act enough in the game to force engagements which is what infantry need to actually get some fighting. As such its dependant on the attitude of the other team as to whether you get decent engagements or not and often when the other team is mainly archers/cavalry they have no reason to give such engagements, thus frustration and name calling etc...

pXgamer said:

personally this game needs to redo the whole feign / parry bull **** mechanics... its just... utterly.. ridiculous how much of a mechanics glitch it is.

The game would be shallow and dull without those deeper elements.

The only thing I majorly have against cav is not being able to hear them clearly sometimes when they come behind you. Too often have I been killed from my back, only to hear them fine whilst they ride infront of me & over my corpse.  :sad:

I wouldn't call archer noobs, just that they can make melee combat really frustrating for us infantry folk. Same goes for cav. Personally, it doesn't affect me all that much. But I HAVE been known to completely ignore infantry swinging at me from behind, just to get an archer/cav kill. To me it's worth. xD

pXgamer said:
the final answer is people dont play their characters as they should if they have a complaint about another class. plain and simple final story, theres a way around everything, a way to handle anything.

You should head your own advice and try learning more about the "feign / parry bull ****" before saying  a key component of this game, and one of the main reasons for many of us still playing it, should be removed.

Never understood calling any troop a noob or whatever.... People who complain about class types and all of that rot, are generally unskilled or frustrated. The same is true in all games, nothing is preventing someone from going cav or archer or infantry. Pick what class or classes you like to play, and try your best to ignore the players who likely won't be around next week anyway.

Hero_of_Hiroshima said:
People who complain about class types and all of that rot, are generally unskilled or frustrated. The same is true in all games

not true... but voidray still imba  :mrgreen:

Courtesy of Neih:

53576675.png

^ More or less the general view going back to 2010.  The "noob calls" come in to play based on the belief that there is more to learn with infantry than other classes.  A player can get on a horse or take a(n) x/bow and be relatively effective from the get go whereas it takes a fair amount of time to learn the nuances of infantry play in order to reach a similar level of effectiveness.

The other factor to consider is that because a number of players opt to go cav or ranged early on due to the preceding point, they don't get acclimated to infantry combat until much later. The result being that if they get caught in a melee scenario (horse is killed or they are charged/flanked by infantry while playing ranged) they die pretty quickly and "can't fight" so to speak.

Every class has its roles, it just comes down to realizing what they are how best to fulfill them.  Well-rounded class understanding (with a strong infantry foundation) is the true key to Warband success and not being called a noob... unless you're being trolled (no shortage of that these days, unfortunately).

inf is only skill based class all else is *****

Ghaern said:
The "noob calls" come in to play based on the belief that there is more to learn with infantry than other classes.  A player can get on a horse or take a(n) x/bow and be relatively effective from the get go whereas it takes a fair amount of time to learn the nuances of infantry play in order to reach a similar level of effectiveness.
^^

I've always believed that anyone calling another player "noob" is really simply indicating how terrible they are as a player.

Personally, I have always found infantry far, far easier than playing as cavalry or ranged. Not to mention that each class has it's own skills to master and get good at. A good proof of this is how rare it is to find a player that excels at all three classes.

im telling you ... they do not match up the feign parry timing advantage with other parry scenarios to the swing affect...

you can chamber.. you can hilt it... you can mc hammer dance the **** out feigning ...

but you cant obstruct a swing unless its the matched parry position?

FAIL.. MECHANICAL ERROR!!!

absurd.

I'm desperate to see a video of you trying to block by moving the model of your sword into the path of enemy attacks. please provide this it sounds brilliant

Every Class plays It's part in the battle. Cav goes around hoping to bump or kill someone unaware, while Infantry goes and are the main base of the game. The archers also support their Infantry and sometimes Cav(but rarely) and feel safe where they are shooting until an enemy comes from behind him and couches him, stabs him, or shoots and arrow through his head  :neutral:. As I do play archer, I can understand why people can get mad at you shooting them in the back etc. But guess what Inf and Cav kill you in the back too. In war people got killed in the back all the time It's war, It isn't supposed to be fair. And if you have archers on the other team it is very stressful for us archers too shoot the Inf or Cav if we are being shot at.

Back
Top Bottom