What's on your mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

It does get repetetive, but it depends on the crew/group you're with. If there's only a few of you, you'd do a mix of labouring and bricklaying, labouring is where the variety is.

Time proper flies on site though, banter's good, general atmosphere's good and everyone ****s on other professions because we're often always waiting for other people to finish their job so we can get on with ours, like scaffolders/carpenters.

Jock said:
How come? It's been over 30 degrees Celsius here for nearly three weeks now. People's icy hearts are starting to melt.
Your second sentence is kinda the answer to your first. :razz:

To answer fully, though,: heat, humidity, haze, flies, and boredom. With the exception of a couple of nicer days it's been hot all month, and humid a lot of the time, too. There's either been nothing going on at the farm (where I've been working a bit lately), or it's been too hot to do much physical work outside anyway. We've got a job clearing a log jam out of a creek which ought to be fun, and a bunch of tree clearing, but it's either been too hot or we figure the flies where we'd be working would carry us away. So I'm basically sitting around at home being bored stupid. Oh, and my good gaming mouse is broken, and the backup mouse I dug out sucks, so the gaming I can do is limited. Yay.

Harkon Haakonson said:
Can't you go like hiking, or swim to same lake /river? Enjoy the sun man.
Some relatives of mine are going up into the mountains for a week pretty soon. They do that every year in July or August. I guess it's cooler up there, and there's a lot of lakes to take their kayaks out on and explore, and that sort of thing. I wouldn't mind going with them, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Lots on RNLI* PSAs saying to fight your instincts and not struggle, not to try to swim but just let yourself float, if you get cold water shock from jumping in rivers, lakes or reservoirs to cool off. Otherwise you could drown.

*Royal Navy Lifeboat Institution

Kayaking is awesome. Do it every summer. You should try to take advantage of those opportunities, it's revigorating to enjoy nature and you'll develop a new perspective about summer!

Harkon Haakonson said:

Arvenski is black, please don't taunt him like this.

Speaking of racism, I can announce with complete certainty that having dark skin does not make hot weather feel any less uncomfortable.

The drought finally ended for us on friday. It wasn't nearly enough though and the ground is just as dry, and we're looking at another 2 weeks of dry weather.

Kentucky James said:
Harkon Haakonson said:

You hear that, Arvon? jacob considers you an honorary black. Quite the privilege, he hasn't done this before.

Bunny Cookie Canada said:
He gets bonus resistance to disease
Hah, certainly not.

Kentucky James said:
The drought finally ended for us on friday. It wasn't nearly enough though and the ground is just as dry, and we're looking at another 2 weeks of dry weather.
We had that a couple of years ago (a drought). Hot, dry, and dusty. I think we finally had some rain later in the summer which saved dad's crops, but the lawn got fried; I'm amazed we didn't have to reseed a lot of it.

Harkon Haakonson said:
Kayaking is awesome. Do it every summer. You should try to take advantage of those opportunities, it's revigorating to enjoy nature and you'll develop a new perspective about summer!
Yeah, depending on how things go, if I get a chance to talk to that relative this week, I may bring up his trip to the mountains and drop a hint or two that I'd like to come along. I probably won't, though. We'll see.

Harkon Haakonson said:
Kentucky James said:
You hear that, Arvon? jacob considers you an honorary black. Quite the privilege, he hasn't done this before.
:lol:

Arvenski said:
Kentucky James said:
We had that a couple of years ago (a drought). Hot, dry, and dusty. I think we finally had some rain later in the summer which saved dad's crops, but the lawn got fried; I'm amazed we didn't have to reseed a lot of it.

Do tell. Literally every blade of grass in London is completely dead. I'm worried about invasive undergrowth like moss or clover taking over and ruining the lawn for years, so has the grass managed to make a recovery?

I never got this "sunny days are good to exercise" thing. Sunny days are the absolute worst to exercise, the only possible thing that's worse is rain, cause rain is uncomfortable. But seriously, sunny days are ****ing painful and the Sun saps all of my energies, on sunny days all I want to do is lie down in front of a fan and pretend I don't exist. Days that are on the colder side are much better to go out to.

Back
Top Bottom