What's on your mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've decided to fight back against the flora of Kentucky and place my dogs' chain link runs up on 2" bricks to keep them from being destroyed by the weeds. Unfortunately, I'm also moving the runs up out of any potential flood zones, which is a fancy way of saying "uphill". My truck can't get too close to the spot, so I'm having to haul a lot of fairly hefty blocks up a hill two at a time. To say the least it's been a good workout.

I've also hit the halfway point on putting fencing all around my property. Once I've got everything wrapped in temporary wire, I'll let the goats eat it, then I'll go back and put up permanent field wire all around the perimeter. It's been a slow climb, but soon the hands-on maintenance around here will be cut back dramatically.

Passing time looking at various apps on windows 10 that my computer has from when I bought it.
I'm just browsing the Calendar, speed-skimming through the months.
St.Patricks Day.
Good Friday.
The Easter days.
Skip forward a few months.
Notice St.Andrews day.
Wait, something's missing.
Skip back to April.
St.Georges day isn't there.
23rd is just blank.
I google St.Georges day to see if i'm not mistaken or having a brain fart.
Nope.avi, St.Georges day is on the 23rd of April.

Literal.
English.
Cultural.
Genocide.

****ing EU.

I haven't had a decent ****post in a while tbf.

Wigster600 said:
>St George
Wigster600 said:

Are you Khidr-ing me

Khizr.JPG

Did my official first day of work where I conviently also ride. 6 hours for 50 bucks. I sense back pains in the near future. Besides that, I got to surrounded by horses constantly, so tjat's a plus.

Sunday, July 9, 2017
11:54 PM - [52nd][Sgt]David Dire: What about
11:54 PM - [52nd][Sgt]David Dire: We play HL2?
11:54 PM - Some guy: I do not own Half Life 2

What the ****? How are there people who don't own Half Life?

Suffice to say he has already been removed from my friendslist.

Also I got promoted to Sergeant in pretend shoot your southern cousins 2k17. Yay.

David Dire said:
Sunday, July 9, 2017
11:54 PM - [52nd][Sgt]David Dire: What about
11:54 PM - [52nd][Sgt]David Dire: We play HL2?
11:54 PM - Some guy: I do not own Half Life 2

What the ****? How are there people who don't own Half Life?

Suffice to say he has already been removed from my friendslist.

Also I got promoted to Sergeant in pretend shoot your southern cousins 2k17. Yay.

Just 1 more rank and you can join the most apphorant group of players; union officers.

FPS games now are very different from FPS games in 2004. But I don't know of anyone who hates the set-piece nature of FPS singleplayer campaigns, they hate the twitchy multiplayer where you level up to unlock new and poorly balanced poorly researched guns. But to be fair I guess HL sort of indirectly invented that too.

The singleplayer aspects are all directly influenced by HL2. Hold W through a predesigned level while a story happens around you. That's literally why people rave about HL2. It is no wonder everyone tries to copy it, but it makes absolutely no sense how anyone can say that HL2 is good and Call of Duty is bad. They're the same thing!

Except Half Life was original for the time and stopped at two-ish games. Half Life also never morphed into an almost entirely multi player based series lacking any major change for years and years. (Well I guess that's kind of what Counter Strike is actually, but they're still not actually Half Life games) People didn't hate Call of Duty as soon as it came out, I'd say it wasn't until MW2 that people started to really hate on the series.

It's like if i came out with a really bland platformer, then told people they couldn't hate it because Mario Bros is a good game.

Splintert said:
The singleplayer aspects are all directly influenced by HL2. Hold W through a predesigned level while a story happens around you. That's literally why people rave about HL2. It is no wonder everyone tries to copy it, but it makes absolutely no sense how anyone can say that HL2 is good and Call of Duty is bad. They're the same thing!
Not exactly the same, though. HL2 was back in the days when you restored your HP by picking up health packs or going to healing stations. In many modern games you avoid damage for a bit and you regenerate. This sounds like a small difference but in reality its a big mechanic change because now every single enemy has to be capable of killing the player in order to balance the game. This slowed down the game. In modern games you also have to look down the sights to have any chance of hitting anything at a decent range. This slows down the game because the player has to take time to aim at stuff. Among other things this makes modern games very slow by comparison to HL or the old DOOM games. Firefights take ages.

EDIT: You could argue that having to look down sights is more realistic, but it's pretty obvious that it isn't there for realism when you regenerate health automatically by hiding for a minute or two :razz:

I kind of like Call of Duty's singleplayer though. Again, people hate CoD because of the multiplayer - I legit enjoyed the SP campaigns of the Modern Warfare games and never touched the MP.

Back
Top Bottom