SP Antiquity [WB] Roman Imperial

What features should be main foucus for the next set of testing?

• Custom battle scenes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more units *current is 4, and probably adding maybe 1-3 more, unless this is selected*

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Custom buildings

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • a build fortifications, and set up ambush in camp menu

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • diplomacy feature

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Making the basic 6 factions implented.

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

SirMaltier

Regular
Now, I know what your thinking. Another Roman mod, who cares? Well this mod is going to eventually will be a game much like Rome Total war. That is the goal, to make a strategic 1st/3rd person battle mode to simulate the strategy, and to give the player a realistic representation of how to lead a roman war machine. This mod shall start in early republic, and last until around 600 AD.

FAQ *empty for now, cause well.. you know*

Alpha Test features
Release 1
Roman early republic, with Tier 2 units, Early map dev, 5 default factions

Want to help? send me a message on the forums.

Dev Team
Maltier - Head Coder
Umaril- UI, and map

credits to
The Dark Robin Sprint Code
Gothic Knight OSP http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,143862.msg3457313.html#msg3457313

We need

Art Design
Coders
Testers
Researchers or "experts" on any faction in this time period.

Good luck and all that, but rule no.1 of modding is that you should never give a release date. Especially if it's less than a month from now and you haven't got anything to show for it. People aren't going to support you if there's no models or actual content you've created yourself and can show in screenshots.

Actually the Roman Troop basics are done, just have to add a bit more. Most of them are done, and I'll be uploading screen shots shortly.

As for the release date I was really hesitant about adding it, so I'll take that down.

And thanks for the good luck

SirMaltier said:
Now, I know what your thinking. Another Roman mod, who cares?

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

It looks like this is going to be yet another "roman" mod using Llews models/textures, renaming the troops and that's about it. No one is interested.

I await your mod with intense anticipation!

It looks like this is going to be yet another "roman" mod using Llews models/textures, renaming the troops and that's about it. No one is interested.

Get off the hater train dude.

Cozur said:
SirMaltier said:
Now, I know what your thinking. Another Roman mod, who cares?

All of our units will be using new equipment, skill sets, and after the Alpha models and textures. Even though it may "look" like it's just going to be the same of everything, after the release it will look much like a hybrid of Rome Total war, and mount and blade requiring city management, and army management, along with ability to take command of the armies, and crush your enemies. The only thing we may take from an OSP is auto resolve enchantments, after that I will work on our own map, cities, units, models, and everything else this mod needs to be successful.

DarthTaco said:
So from what I'm gathering: You're remaking Rome II on the Warband engine? With all brand new equipment? With no team? Ignoring any kind of historical boundaries?

Well no not at all.

I simply used the term rome total war as something that you can compare it to, it will still be much different than rome total war, I'm simply borrowing a few of the ideas that they have, and still those ideas are going to be heavily modified.

ElPadrino said:
Good luck !
Too much mods never kill someone :wink:

Thanks for the good luck! As everyone can probably tell this is the first mod I'm making. Hopefully it's not the last either.

SirMaltier said:
requiring city management, and army management, along with ability to take command of the armies, and crush your enemies.
How is that different than Native? All of those things already exist.

Michadr said:
Good luck...
So what are you working on first? Will you be making a new map?

Well the first thing is to add more units, along with converting 4 of the factions to roman era factions. the other two in native will be converted later, and after that then I shall personally start working on the map.

but if someone is willing to work on the new map before that, then I'd be more than happy to get that into the mod earlier.

The Dark Robin said:
SirMaltier said:
requiring city management, and army management, along with ability to take command of the armies, and crush your enemies.
How is that different than Native? All of those things already exist.

With the new city management options there will be a lot more options to build, *as long as I can figure it out* such as temples that raise your relations with the city, market places to encourage trade, improved walls, and more.

With the army management new options, there will be more of an ability to ration your food, do wargames to improve your camp happiness, doing parades to improve town relations, and soldier relations, and more.

There will also be new features in commanding your units, such as building of field fortifications, formations, and possibly ability to call in catapult attacks, and ballast attacks from outside.

I'm going to have to take a long look at the code for some of the more complex features, so they may not be put in.

Here is the link to what will be the unit that the Roman faction will have.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AnIin_LsKGnCdDBkcVM3dnFOUlJuR19kVzAyRmJuTWc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Just finished the coding for the roman main infantry, just need to do auxiliary units, and I'll upload some screenshots of the new units, all of them are completely customized featuring different equipment(from native), names,weapon proficiencies, and skills. Before the final release they will also get new models.

I would be more than happy to make you campaign map if you wish :smile: sense i am currently working on an osp fantasy map pack i wouldn't be out of my way 

Umaril said:
I would be more than happy to make you campaign map if you wish :smile: sense i am currently working on an osp fantasy map pack i wouldn't be out of my way

That would be really great! If you wouldn't mind doing it, then I would put your name in credits of course!

Back
Top Bottom