SP Antiquity [WB] Roman Imperial

What features should be main foucus for the next set of testing?

• Custom battle scenes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more units *current is 4, and probably adding maybe 1-3 more, unless this is selected*

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Custom buildings

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • a build fortifications, and set up ambush in camp menu

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • diplomacy feature

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Making the basic 6 factions implented.

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone want to help make models? Theres going to be a ton of work that needs to be put into it, and thought might as well ask for help on it as soon as possible. Personally I can do the models, but they won't be that good, well at least not as good as what I would like. Besides I've got a ton of code to write, and if I have to make models every time I make more updates, then the time to make each testing phase will be increased by a lot. So if interested just say so, and I'll tell you what to model, if you have a specific era you want to work on just say so, or if you have an OPS then give the link. But for the OPS keep in mind that they will probably be changed with new original models later on, for the sake of originality.

Just want to say right now, this mod is not dead, just haven't had time to be coding alot. My coding will resume to normal speed on either Thursday or Friday.

Calm it dude, take your time. No one is expecting you to finish a mod in just a couple of weeks. Let stand that they would think the mod is dead when someone hasn't replied on it in 3 days.  :wink:

gokiller said:
Calm it dude, take your time. No one is expecting you to finish a mod in just a couple of weeks. Let stand that they would think the mod is dead when someone hasn't replied on it in 3 days.  :wink:

I know, I guess your right just a lot of people want to see this mod fail. Well at least that's what the poll I did before said

So it's been a while since I've posted... That's because it's very hard to find info on the roman monarchy info, and all of my team have been doing stuff in real life... Anyways gonna start in early republic after kings until I can ind accurate info on the military

jacobhinds said:
There's hardly any info on the roman monarchy because it's mixed up with a lot legend and propaganda. Most people are familiar with the republic during the punic wars, and the early empire - they're the most iconic in terms of weapons and armour.

Yeah, I know the reasoning, maybe if I look into information about the other people in Italy they might have some information about the Romans, that's actually facts not just the legends and such

Huh? You want the Roman Kingdom as your timeframe? But the troop tree you posted doesnt really match. You even have praetorians as troops.

Rome Imperial, a mod featuring "Roman early republic" with the Monarchic kings, you just need to add something just after the crisis of the third century and you have four of the major time frames of Rome in one mod. Now seriously, go grab a book or something because right now it makes no sense, I bet your local library must have something or you can always resort to the internet but games don't count as research or a learning source most of the time.

Hertog Jan said:
Huh? You want the Roman Kingdom as your timeframe? But the troop tree you posted doesnt really match. You even have praetorians as troops.

No, it's going to spam the entire roman time frame, I need to update the first post a bit more.

Also, I have been going to the library, been bringing a notebook and taking notes, and been going over them at night.

Cozur said:
SirMaltier said:
Also, I have been going to the library, been bringing a notebook and taking notes, and been going over them at night.

Why?

Well you see, some people want to actually develop quality material, and actually make sure that everything they put into their mod is good. Please don't post on this thread, as all you've really done is criticism, that doesn't help at all.

SirMaltier said:
Please don't post on this thread, as all you've really done is criticism, that doesn't help at all.

Hmm, criticism is the way to improvement, what I'll assume you mean is that he's only posted unhelpful negative comments. As for the actual mod, have I understood correctly that the mod will include hundreds of years in its timeframe? I'll refrain from asking more questions till I know that. Good luck regardless, at least you are seriously putting effort into it :smile:

KickingJoub said:
SirMaltier said:
Please don't post on this thread, as all you've really done is criticism, that doesn't help at all.

Hmm, criticism is the way to improvement, what I'll assume you mean is that he's only posted unhelpful negative comments. As for the actual mod, have I understood correctly that the mod will include hundreds of years in its timeframe? I'll refrain from asking more questions till I know that. Good luck regardless, at least you are seriously putting effort into it :smile:

Yes, that is what i meant when i said criticism, and yes the mod does plan to have a timeframe on it.

you're going to have to pick one fairly quickly, because the roman state in those three periods is completely different in every possible way, and the main contending factions involved in each are going to have no relation whatsoever. unless you pick a strict time period before you start doing substantial work, its going to get messy.

jacobhinds said:
you're going to have to pick one fairly quickly, because the roman state in those three periods is completely different in every possible way, and the main contending factions involved in each are going to have no relation whatsoever. unless you pick a strict time period before you start doing substantial work, its going to get messy.

Well, I'm going to be looking into the date thing at the bottom of the screen, maybe it's possible to set up a timeline using that.

DarthTaco said:
B...but I want Pre-Marian legions fighting Goths and Huns.

Well, I'm sure i'll no matter the way get that in there.

Back
Top Bottom