SP Antiquity [WB] Roman Imperial

What features should be main foucus for the next set of testing?

• Custom battle scenes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more units *current is 4, and probably adding maybe 1-3 more, unless this is selected*

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Custom buildings

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • a build fortifications, and set up ambush in camp menu

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • diplomacy feature

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Making the basic 6 factions implented.

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
Everyone keeps saying there are Roman mods, but there really aren't any great SP Roman mods. The best (so far imo) is the Brytenwalda submod Imperium Romanum. Every other Roman mod has a crummy map and/or factions along with really awkward items/troop trees. While I am not holding my breath for this mod, I am excited to see new Roman stuff.
Yeah, I agree. There are only a few 'playable' Roman SP mods. Thats why I'm really looking forward for gokillers mod Bellum Imperii.

But good luck with this SirMaltierr. I hope you'll make something nice for us. :wink:

Cozur said:
SirMaltier said:
Now, I know what your thinking. Another Roman mod, who cares?

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

It looks like this is going to be yet another "roman" mod using Llews models/textures, renaming the troops and that's about it. No one is interested.
Gotta love how you are a **** to everyone and think you are great when in actuality your mod is pretty lame has almost no actual custom features and is simply a floris mod with a few extra textures and an upside down map because you are too lazy to fix it or don't actually know how and you lurk these forums thinking you actually have some skill in coding. Please come back when you get some.
P.S The only reason your mod even passes as almost decent is because its based off of game of thrones and everyone looks over the facts that your mod is ****.

Please lets not start an argument of insults on this thread... this should be meant for constructive criticism and support not flaming at others or just negative comments.
All I ask is that people think of what they say before saying it :smile:

I remember when i started out. It's been a long road.
So my question is, if your going to base it of total war (or that style), will you have the huge formations and tactics?
Best of luck to you!

Michadr said:
I remember when i started out. It's been a long road.
So my question is, if your going to base it of total war (or that style), will you have the huge formations and tactics?
Best of luck to you!

Well the goal is to make the management, more like that, not the combat system. Combat system is going to be more like mount and blade, and to try and incorporate build able defenses and other things like that.

going to put out a small test of the game soon, probably Monday, it will have the main faction, along with a few temp ones, along with a few early units, and some extra buildings, and menu's that might not do anything yet.

DarthTaco said:
When can we see some screenshots?

I'm about to lose internet, and go into a development frenzy, once i get back I'll have few screen shots to show off, and in a few days a map for the alpha testing phases will also be shown.

I'm back from no internet, but I had forgot to bring my notes... I wasn't able to do much, only lay some foundations for what was to come later. The map for the alpha testing is done, and so i'll get in game soon and get some Screenshots ASAP

Alright, new poll for the next testing phase. The goal is to get a new testing state up with the features asked for in the poll. They are going to be slight features, and will be worked on for about 30 days, until that phase is as bug free as I can make it, then that will be released, and the next poll will be worked on for 30 days, and so on, and so fourth until the mod is released.

Wow, a Roman mod. I am simply stunned by the sheer amount of creativity and originality found within this forum. I commend you, I applaud you for attempting to bring the Roman era to the M&B Community. Thank you for devoting  your time and energy to this period of time, which no one else has even attempted.

don't see what the point of that needlessly snarky comment was, even in the OP he admitted that there are a ton of other roman mods :neutral:

regardless of whether it's been done before, if it's a good mod, the setting is irrelevant. there are no decent completed SP roman mods, the rest just melt into the scrapheap because of lack of enthusiasm/poor planning.
if we're going to go down that route, every medieval knights-and-plate-armour themed mod is unoriginal, even though they make up almost half of the mods on this site.

jacobhinds said:
don't see what the point of that needlessly snarky comment was, even in the OP he admitted that there are a ton of other roman mods :neutral:

regardless of whether it's been done before, if it's a good mod, the setting is irrelevant. there are no decent completed SP roman mods, the rest just melt into the scrapheap because of lack of enthusiasm/poor planning.
if we're going to go down that route, every medieval knights-and-plate-armour themed mod is unoriginal, even though they make up almost half of the mods on this site.
Could not have said it better myself. Thank you! That comment was just insulting and pure trolling.

Duke_Tritus said:
Wow, a Roman mod. I am simply stunned by the sheer amount of creativity and originality found within this forum. I commend you, I applaud you for attempting to bring the Roman era to the M&B Community. Thank you for devoting  your time and energy to this period of time, which no one else has even attempted.

I don't see whats wrong in spending my time how i want. I've yet to find one good completed roman mod, so i decided why not try. If your just going to come on here to put down the mod, then don't even click this thread, nobody here forced you to click it.

EternalPaladin said:
SirMaltier, any chance of putting pbod (or at least the whistling for your horse mechanic) in your mod?

There is a chance, but can't make any promises. I still need to learn alot more about pbod, before talking about implementing it.

Back
Top Bottom