SP Medieval [WB] 1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans - La Relance (Hundred Years War Submod)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We started this submod in jannuary at two and now we are three, ideally we could have been 4 but it seems too hard to find an experienced scener and that slow us a lot, i think Kham and SnD are making good progress, for me this is a never ending editing and creating scenes and i started scening early august, personally i hope to see at the end of september how far i am from finish something decent. If you remenber original 1429 there is many many scenes to redo :dead:

The mod is back in a playable state now, when I started reworking the assets I threw everything out and started over on their implementation which also meant re-equipping every single NPC in the mod. Now I'm going through quests to check if I didn't break them or if there is anything out of place, I've still got the tournaments to rework and balance out some stats on some items and troops. Additionally there are some features I'd like to expand and overall make sure the mod is stable.
Once this is done I'll check with Kham if we can release a beta of the new version so the players can help catching bugs  :smile:

A lot of those NPC's really needed equipping IMO, particularly the Burgundians, and all the knights wearing Greathelms. I've always wanted to go back and add more of Narf's latest Men-at-Arms armors and helmets, and I'm glad to see that you guys are doing that!

---- said:
Hmmm, when the translation is finished, maybe i can continue in english  :roll:

Some help for the translation online ? and the correction ?

Just something like, english quests, english mercenaries, remove the quest for jhoan of arc or add a new (you can choose : help us/ or combat).

If you are american or australian, you prefere to play the french faction or the english faction ?  :mrgreen:
You have the britainy faction (neutral, a duchy from france) and the burgundian faction, (another french duchy, in civil war with the main french faction : the armaniacs and johan of arc).

And rebuild some battle scenes (totaly photorealistic !) and models.

Just 3/4 months on work, for a perfect mod english version.

red: english faction
green: burgundians, civil war with the armaniacs + ally to english faction.
yellow: armaniac, daulphin charles 7 and jhoan of arc.

8o49z.jpg

Can i do add the county of provence ? south east in grey, neutral with all/ 40% of chance of war with the english and burgundian faction. actually it's armaniac.
QGBui.jpg

Britany (neutral) in north east, in grey, is allready done.

edit: hm...a quest for join the duchy of guyene, county of maine, and rouen to the english army divised ?  :roll: or more realistic : some diplomatical dialogues with the burgundians ? (add/remove relation with english faction).

And of course more dialogues like "we are the legitimate heir of the french kingdom"  Well, not false  :smile: Everybody was right and wrong.

This is from the main 1429 forum, Fantasy Warrior and magitsu were having a conversation about adding a Provence faction, and I remember liking the idea. Would this be something that could be feasible? Personally I've always thought that 1429 could use more factions.

Ideally you could have other factions like Provence, Navarre, Lorraine, and really mini factions: Papal State of Avignon and Orange but we are just three humans and i don't know what it could give on game balance. Réné d'Anjou the count of Provence is a french lord so it was under french influence. Duchy of Lorraine was resisiting to Burgundian Power; only Navarre was really independant.

You need to be Knighted as a vassal of France to trigger her storyline (if I recall correctly), as to marrying her, in her own mind she's married to god and I doubt she's considering divorce  :razz:

Plasquar said:
I mean... we know how Jeanne d'Arc's story ends but I'm still interested if you can marry her.
And is there a storyline around her?

I've noticed you're a little obsessive about her.

I will marrying another lady but one noble from Britanny.

You are interested by 1429 and playing 1404 despite you not are good regarding history how you says in VC LP?

@Kham and Seek
If you need some inspiration for some units, I recommended to take a look at Medieval Kingdoms Total War for Total War Attila

Here's just some ideas on unit composition.

1) Contrary to normal warband most troops should in fact incorporate some elements of maille or brigandine defences. Especially late in the war, industrialization of armor production led to the price of munition plate and other cheap "off the shelf" armor diving down, and the only people who would typically fight anyway were those able to afford some variety of armor. The only excpetion to this would be missile troops such as crossbowmen or bowmen having lighter armor due to being poorer soldiers.

2) Possibly change the recruitment tree so that missile troops start out as the basic recruits, with them becoming men at arms after perhaps 1-2 upgrades?

3) Upstab really is important, especially for troops just using polearms instead of shield and spear (and while I'm not perfectly clear, i don't think sergeant spearmen were a thing around the period the mod is supposed to be focused on, despite english inaccuracy), as it prevents cavalry from just mowing down the AI blobs.

Any word on the next version? I know the current one is perfectly playable, but I can't wait to see all those troops and armors in the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom