Warband Matchmaking Client (WBMM) [v1.8 BETA]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recorded a match with the intention of showing how easy it is to join, but I failed in actually capturing my desktop at the start. Regardless it ended up a good match. Bonus me being confused 2nd set failing to pick up a shield.

OurGloriousLeader said:
I recorded a match with the intention of showing how easy it is to join, but I failed in actually capturing my desktop at the start. Regardless it ended up a good match. Bonus me being confused 2nd set failing to pick up a shield.

beautiful video (of course not...)  :fruity:

OurGloriousLeader said:

Cool video. You should actually make a video showing how easy it is to join.

OurGloriousLeader said:

This match made me very very happy

I think you should limit the archer class to two per team. Currently archers are having a disproportionate impact on games because people are uncoordinated and the counter otherwise is cav, and there's not that many good cav playing and if they are playing they don't have much to work with pushing alone into 3 archers.

I don't think this would be too "artificial" in affecting the meta because we know from playing warband a lot in scrims that 3 or 4 archers isn't usually a winning set up. It would also make the class selection at the start a bit more important as if you end up in a team with a lot of rangers then you actually need to discuss who is getting it.

OurGloriousLeader said:
I think you should limit the archer class to two per team. Currently archers are having a disproportionate impact on games because people are uncoordinated and the counter otherwise is cav, and there's not that many good cav playing and if they are playing they don't have much to work with pushing alone into 3 archers.

I don't think this would be too "artificial" in affecting the meta because we know from playing warband a lot in scrims that 3 or 4 archers isn't usually a winning set up. It would also make the class selection at the start a bit more important as if you end up in a team with a lot of rangers then you actually need to discuss who is getting it.

This,we had 5-6 archer on that team and some of us had to play infantry for that reason.It was my first game on mm but still that shouldn't be a think

OurGloriousLeader said:

Agree, froom what I have seen rangers influence the outcome of the matches far more than any of the other classes.

The way I see it, you should be able to join the lobby then select your class based on the server's map. This then FORCES you to stay in that class the entire game. Let's say I join the lobby and I can see the map 'river village' I'll then select cavalry (depending on who's in the lobby) and then people can select good comp classes. Normally people just select a class regardless and then change in the game. I can guarantee people will select a different classes for comp reasons; comp and not changeable classes should force people to select the best class for the team. This and a new MMR matching system will solve **** comp issues.

To the people who's like 'what happens if u wanna swap comp', each team has the same problem, so you're equal. You could also add a 20 second lobby between each side swap so they can re-select their classes for that faction.

I don't think forcing the class you select is a good option as it removes the ability to adapt or random chance will leave a team completely screwed. Class limits are a known solution and will work well.

If you're saying that you have to make archers wait to join a lobby then they'll be waiting forever and will probably just click infantry as the troop then switch in-game (unless you're meaning a class limit in-game). You're saying it wont allow people to adapt or random chance but how does that change with class limits? You can still get archers but they're forced to play infantry or cavalry when they've signed up as archer (that is if you're talking about in-game class limits and not lobby).

There was an attempt of forcing ppl to play on selected class, and it was horrible, the only thing it makes it viable is if they allow to just change class between sets otherwise, in case you would get a logical setup(which is unlikely to happen), you would have like 3 archers who were vaegir playing archer aswell on nords, unnable to change class, which would result in ****shows and bad games.

Charlini said:
There was an attempt of forcing ppl to play on selected class, and it was horrible, the only thing it makes it viable is if they allow to just change class between sets otherwise, in case you would get a logical setup(which is unlikely to happen), you would have like 3 archers who were vaegir playing archer aswell on nords, unnable to change class, which would result in ****shows and bad games.

Totally agree with Charlini, The system used in the testing phase was one where it forced you to stay as the class you chose throughout the game prior to the matchmakings offical release. It led to teams being limited to the classes they chose in the start and not being able to change to suit their teams needs which is not what anyone wants and is not competitive in any way..

Also-  Class limit for archers would be a good idea, atm we have (normally) atleast 3 archers most of the time nearly 5 - 6 archers on the open maps with factions such as vaegirs and sarranids. Its really unplayable for players and its just an easy 3 - 0 for both sides if they do this tactic. Where as in a proper match it would never work as the team would co-ordinate and be able to counter it where in matchmaking the teams co-ordination is non-existent due to the fact that teamspeak is not mandatory and most people decide they are above using it or don't want to waste their time on teamspeak :/

JL2gDo9.png

Version 1.2 has been released!

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9su4uzrqyl9ur2/WBMM_Client.exe?dl=0

You can also run your old client it should show that there is an update available. If it doesn't update just download the new version.

Patch notes
- Team balancing based on MMR
- MMR system optimized (Higher ranks get penalised more than lower ranks for losing a match)
- Archers/Crossbows limited to 2 per team
- You're able to join your team and pick your class before match starts rather than sitting in spec (useful for teamchat)
- 2 new maps added (Legacy Town and Frosthaven)
- Leaderboards now shows losses
- Minor bug fixes and tweaks

NEW SEASON WILL START SOON!

im rather convinced you can play 3 archers with every faction and make it work if they're good enough. It's just cancer to play against. People playing MM are not always on TS so the lack of communication makes ranged alot stronger than it is in normal competetive. The archer limit was set to improve the quality of the games.
I did suggest increasing the limit of ranged for open maps to 3. Mynes said it would technically be possible, not sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom