Status
Not open for further replies.

SaBo

Knight at Arms

JL2gDo9.png
5fed4144f705d65153ea0a9fe1c77534.png
3699a174e77137c7eded791bc854ee35.png
23170554b18e77369691920f4f2575c5.png

What is Warband Matchmaking Client (WBMM)?
Due to the increasing demand for bringing back Matchmaking to Mount&Blade: Warband and as a result of many unsuccessful attempts to bring back the old matchmaking client or even gaining access to its source code, Mynes took the initiative to develop a new Matchmaking client, which may resemble the old one in some ways.

You might say why reinvent the wheel? It roughly follows the same concept however it is different in several ways which will hopefully make it more successful than its predecessor. In short the old concept was a client that allows a special style of practice for the most popular tournament format: 8vs8.

The main focus of the new Warband Matchmaking Client is to make it a competitive and an enjoyable experience rather than just a way of bringing players together.

Download

By using WBMM you agree to the fact that our anti-cheat algorithm allows us to make a screenshot of your Mount&Blade: Warband game.

This is the BETA stage of the client and warband server. This means a version that is made available for testing, because there might be BUGS that we are not aware off!

Is this a virus?
You might get a false positive alert that the client may be a virus, this is because of the TCP connections made to the master server and the executable is not yet known to antivirus labs triggering an alert that it may be a suspicious file.
Version 1.7
- Ranks are displayed in chat
- Sound notification for chat messages
- Voice chat indicator for players that are talking
- Minor bug fixes and tweaks

Version 1.6
Added match history
Added ability to change settings
Added notification when a lobby is nearly full (only shows when WBMM is minimized to system tray)
Fixed issues with voice chat

Version 1.5
Multi-threading implemented, should fix crashing issues and improve performance
Voice chat connection indicator
Fixed bug which causes voice cutting/lagging

Version 1.4
Patch Notes
- Push-to-talk voice chatting system which allows voice communication between teammates without the requirement of TeamSpeak

This update requires you to run the installation wizard which will guide you through the installation process. This is due to including Speex codec which is required for audio compression.

Version 1.3
Patch Notes
- Cool down period when not accepting a match
- Queuing form redesigned

Version 1.2
Patch Notes
- Team balancing based on MMR
- MMR system optimized (Higher ranks get penalised more than lower ranks for losing a match)
- Archers/Crossbows limited to 2 per team
- You're able to join your team and pick your class before match starts rather than sitting in spec (useful for teamchat)
- 2 new maps added (Legacy Town and Frosthaven)
- Leaderboards now shows losses

Version 1.1
Patch Notes
- Fixed the Accept button (when in queue)
- Added announcements
- Fixed the HTTP ERROR at Reporting
- Added you can see active matches when queueing

Version 1.0
Patch Notes
- Changed the queue system - issues with players stacking have been resolved
- Added chat box in the match form
- Banning system implemented
- Rank and MMR notification when you join the server
- Current match score notification on server during match
- Leaderboards now show rank badges
- Match form redesigned
- Base MMR gain/loss buffed - Easier to rank up/down (+based on stats)
- You can report players now
- MMR and stats have been reset
- Minor bugs fixes

Also thanks to Kawaii, Soul, Rey and HolyWarrior for testing.

Version 0.9
Patch Notes
- Fixed issue with losing MMR although you've joined the server
- Fixed lobby screen flickering during lobby queue
- Increased base MMR per win/loss and included round difference ratio to the calculation
- Server freezing issues have also been fixed

Current Features

• A lobby system involving 8 players per team
• Picking your class before joining the lobby - serves as an indicator to your team
• You are able to see your teammates and their classes and change your class accordingly
• A ranking system involving MMR which is determined by a combination of Wins/Losses/Kills/Deaths/Teamkills
• Statistical preview after the match ends
• Badges reflecting on your MMR -  the higher your MMR, the greater your rank/status
• A chatting system which allows you to be able to chat to your teammates only (Team chat)
• Joining TeamSpeak to the designated channel automatically
• Leaderboards showing the top 25 players based on MMR, KILLS, DEATHS and WINS
• Reporting players for various reasons
• MMR punishment for players abandoning a match
Planned Features

• View your Match History
• NA servers and the ability to select a lobby in advance
• Faction/Maps voting system in lobby (Maps and factions are currently random)
• Achievements correlating to stats in matches
• 1vs1 duels
• Ranks displayed in Client Chat
• Many more…

The Team and Credits
> Mynes (Project Leader and Main Developer)
ler7hzy.gif
Steam
> SaBo0o (Backend Module Scripter and Graphics Designer)
ler7hzy.gif
Steam
> HolyWarrior (Tester)
ler7hzy.gif
Steam
Join our steam group!
ler7hzy.gif
STEAM GROUP
Credits
Flag Mod by Azan

Also we shouldn't forget to mention Grimsight who started this idea in the first place, we love you!

Links have been removed.

JL2gDo9.png

RULES & REGULATIONS

The following offenses deserve a warning and eventually a ban depending on the circumstances:

- Using default gear or any troll equipments
- Flaming, insulting or any of that kind
- Dodging a match because you don't like your team
- Leaving your match because your team is losing
- Going AFK while in a match
- Teamkilling and feeding

I think the underlying concept is great but when put in practice caused many issues; the main issue being popularity. You made this statement 'The main focus of the new Warband Matchmaking Client is to make it a competitive and an enjoyable experience rather than just a way of bringing players together.' Warband's current players are at an all-time low, Aeronwen provided the monthly IG count on the IG clan thread and showed just how much it's coming to a complete halt. The only players playing IG are randoms and I'm barely seeing IG pass 20 players on a daily basis. With the long waiting times on the original client (Where IG would average around 40 - 50 in the evening) I don't see the reason behind bringing it back, I think everything you've done is great I'm just not seeing the reason for it. I really do hope this is successful by bringing back more players (at this point that's what we need).

Obviously the majority of the comments you'll see on this thread is 'Wow, well done guys','Great job bringing this back' but I'm trying to be real here.

Apollo~ said:
Can you just **** off lol they did something nice, do not like it? do not play it.

also thanks Mynes & Sabo  :party: :party:

Everyone's established that they're doing something nice, I've not said anything about not liking it, cheers for the comment.

Berget said:
Yes we all know warband is dying, Atleast attempts to keep it somewhat alive.

Which is why I hope it's successful.

Cool. The tests ran fairly smooth, as ever population will be the main issue. Might consider tapping into the events groups, NW regiments, PW peasants, the ****ty subreddit, or even getting Callum to push it unofficially as I'm sure they'll be interested in how matchmaking is received since it's confirmed for Bannerlord.

You should also run events on Saturdays/Sundays so there's specific times people will at least know is populated.

Fietta said:
I think the underlying concept is great but when put in practice caused many issues; the main issue being popularity. You made this statement 'The main focus of the new Warband Matchmaking Client is to make it a competitive and an enjoyable experience rather than just a way of bringing players together.' Warband's current players are at an all-time low, Aeronwen provided the monthly IG count on the IG clan thread and showed just how much it's coming to a complete halt. The only players playing IG are randoms and I'm barely seeing IG pass 20 players on a daily basis. With the long waiting times on the original client (Where IG would average around 40 - 50 in the evening) I don't see the reason behind bringing it back, I think everything you've done is great I'm just not seeing the reason for it. I really do hope this is successful by bringing back more players (at this point that's what we need).

Obviously the majority of the comments you'll see on this thread is 'Wow, well done guys','Great job bringing this back' but I'm trying to be real here.

They brought it back because they wanted to bring it back, stop being a cuck.

@Fietta It has its place in NA considering there are many that don't bother pubbing and only play the game if there's a pickup party or something of the like. Not only would it have a place, but it would find a dedicated audience here. It wouldn't be a big audience of course, because NA is dead, but as long as there's a constant stream of at least 16 people at prime time, then it would already be better than NA's current state, which is presently devoid of a competitive scene. I haven't played in a couple months now, but I would come back to play just for this. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Lagstro said:
@Fietta It has its place in NA considering there are many that don't bother pubbing and only play the game if there's a pickup party or something of the like. Not only would it have a place, but it would find a dedicated audience here. It wouldn't be a big audience of course, because NA is dead, but as long as there's a constant stream of at least 16 people at prime time, then it would already be better than NA's current state, which is presently devoid of a competitive scene. I haven't played in a couple months now, but I would come back to play just for this. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Fair point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom