Turkey Right Now

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austupaio said:
If the government shuts down the Internet, I think that's initiating a civil war on it's own. From what I can tell, Turkish citizens don't seem to have very many rights and shutting down communication is the beginning of a crack down.
Austupaio said:
With a military dictatorship, what other signs are there?

The police are killing people left and right, the government shows no legitimate sign of remorse.
Austupaio said:
Then I rescind everything I said, if the military supports the people then that's really all they need.
Austupaio said:
I rescind my rescind, it's pretty clear your government is ****ing nuts and you guys need to take it down.

You are calling for murder and civil war based on limited incidents of unreasonable use of force and random assumptions about the future, despite your obvious lack of knowledge about the situation, the country and its people and despite there being a democratic process available. How is that even remotely mature?

Hey, first of all I am from Turkey, and recently news are grimfull. There are several reasons about why the riot has been started but everyone is dictator of his own thinks. Thus I'd like to share my opinions about why the riot is started

1)(most known reason) GEZİ PARKI

our government has decided to build a new mall, and the place was GEZİ PARKI where the nature exist in crowded cities.

2)Violent

Polices used force against riooters, Pepper sprays, presseruzed water. There are lots of injured people and casulties

3)Government

Noone loves the government

4)Kemalism

Duty of our young people

931152_423400811100780_1681561504_n.png

"If your sleeps are slipt, it means revolution has been started"

Deniz Gezmiş

Duh said:
You are calling for murder and civil war based on limited incidents of unreasonable use of force and random assumptions about the future, despite your obvious lack of knowledge about the situation, the country and its people and despite there being a democratic process available*. How is that even remotely mature?
All of those posts received responses which I then responded to in turn. Feel free to go take a look at them.

*Yeah, right.

Wait, I will respond to this bit though.
You are calling for murder
Where exactly did I advocate murder?

Are people still going to work? If you have any family or friend who may be doing so, I'd advise staying home for a day or two.

Maybe I'm wrong and the police will calm down and I'm a paranoid American like everyone has stated, but better safe than sorry you ran into a couple of angry Turkish cops, right?

Austupaio said:
Are people still going to work? If you have any family or friend who may be doing so, I'd advise staying home for a day or two.

Maybe I'm wrong and the police will calm down and I'm a paranoid American like everyone has stated, but better safe than sorry you ran into a couple of angry Turkish cops, right?

They go to work. Cops dont beat guys randomly man, If you were with the rioteers, you would be beaten. Not on other place

I get that, I wouldn't even have assumed they just smacking people on the road. (Although there was that guy and his wife at the cafe.)

I'm just saying that perhaps if they're shutting down communications they intend to spread out and cause trouble. Well, 'instill order'.

Plus they seem to carpet bombing city centers with tear gas so that's unavoidable even if you're not close to the riot.

Austupaio said:
Duh said:
You are calling for murder and civil war based on limited incidents of unreasonable use of force and random assumptions about the future, despite your obvious lack of knowledge about the situation, the country and its people and despite there being a democratic process available*. How is that even remotely mature?
All of those posts received responses which I then responded to in turn. Feel free to go take a look at them.

*Yeah, right.
Why should i? I used your posts to showcase your lack of knowledge and your willingness to base your calls for violence on assumptions. None of the follow ups diminished these points.

Austupaio said:
Wait, I will respond to this bit though.
You are calling for murder
Where exactly did I advocate murder?
Oh i dont know...

Austupaio said:
Condemn Americans for their gun ho attitudes all you like but it's a shame that Turkish civilians have little to no way to defend themselves from what appears to a police state level of government.

You guys need to find a firearms warehouse or something.
Austupaio said:
The police are clearly combatants here, I don't see how engaging them with a firearm would be considered unjustified.
Austupaio said:
Hey, if nothing else, if you shot at them they might realise this is a protest against the government, not just some party's political stunt. :lol:

/inb4 the usual "guns are tools" and "this kind of killing is not murder".

I suppose warfare is murder too, then? :lol:
Self-defense is murder too.
Everything is murder.
Let's go a step further and say that manslaughter is murder as well.

Also, your /inb4 'gun are tools' showcases your willingness to generalize the entire discussion into anti-gun bull****.

Come back when you have an argument.

Austupaio said:
I suppose warfare is murder too, then? :lol:
Self-defense is murder too.
Everything is murder.

Herpaderpa i like to move goalposts.

Austupaio said:
Come back when you have an argument.
You have failed to adress the argument so far. Why are you so willing to judge a situation and call for violence, if you know so little about it?

Duh said:
You have failed to adress the argument so far. Why are you so willing to judge a situation and call for violence, if you know so little about it?
I know about the state of military now, that's the main thing I'm actually trying to discuss now but everyone is side-stepping it.

I now know how AKP has been playing around with the military since and before Tayyip came into power and it's absurd.

Also, I'm posting here because I'm at work and have nothing better to do, and I do have some thoughts on the situation which I have admitted may be tinged with ignorance. Doesn't mean I can't post, just means that I may post something wrong.

If you'd like to discuss what I am wrong about, feel free, so far this has just been a round-about way for you to say 'I don't like your opinions because I don't.'

You have learned from the discussion, great. But that still doesnt answer the question.

Looks like Spain in 2012
She lost the eye, rubber bullet
84598-825-540.jpg
Courage said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHU4_FomKBU
Yep, pretty much the same Look to the right at the end of the street
h3pUr.jpg

Wish you good luck, we barely achieved anything. At the very best, just more people realized that voting each 4 years is not democracy per se, especially when not even the police follows the law and politicians grant pardon everyday (more than 500 in one year)

http://www.haberself.com/h/908/

TRANSLATE: (only the headings) ------- could be wrong cuz i did
FROM THE GEZI PARK'S EVENT WHICH STICKS IN THE MIND AND MOST IMPRESSING 23 PICTURES
Resistince in the Gezi Park still continous
1) a picture which is achieved to world media noticed the Taksim
2) a soldier who gives a mask to the rioteers
3) a buss which is closed to way to panzer could not pass throught
4) passing thorought the Bosphorus Bridge
5) reaction to the panzer
6) a girl maybe who is going to get pepper spray while offering börek to cops
7) a citizien who is injured duing the riot
8*) another injured guy during the riot
9) Taksim is under the smoke
10) a rioter who is injured
11) heavy pepper spray
12) a citizen who opens his house to rioteers( it says : rioteers can be safe in this house NO : 6)
13) gas mask
14) a citizien who is injured by the gas
15) an injured guy who is being cured
16) rioteers are under the heavy gas
17) another injured citizien
1:cool: injureds are trying to be healed
19) no comment
20) a rioteer who awaits for help
21) he is covering him self to the panzer
22) heavy gas effects environment
23) no comment

And again, I don't get how people are defending the cops and government when others continue to post proof of what exactly is happening.

A useful product of the digital age, governments can't cover up their wanton violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom