Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Xatham said:
2. I went through a lot of trouble to do that Moria exploration and get the book of Mazarbul. Does it have any use other than bragging rights? I haven't been able to figure any.
I found it on my first try after eight minutes.  lolumad?

Tralfaz said:
AWdeV said:
Warg riders are a potent addition in any case though. What would be horrible (awesome) is if orc warg riders have lances and couch them. They'd be horrible slaughterers then.

Provided they won't distract themselves by throwing their own feces, etc.
BRILLIANT!

Is the 9 save game limit hard coded in the engine?  I've always hated that.  So limiting.  Have to go and copy/paste the originals, then start new ones, again and again.

Can't you delete a few? Surely you don't need more than 9 active saves? Even that is a lot.

Xatham said:
By the way, Orcs give +party size, is it possible to have elves give -party size?

It's quite possible I would think, but the reason orcs give party size is due to the fact that they die in drove to any sort of half competent troops. Elves on the other hand, are the exact opposite of fodder.

As for wargs, I think they're over powered, I tend to ride through swathes of infantry dealing 20+ blunt damage to every single one of them that I hit directly and slightly less to those that I clip. I guess the resident gripe about Rohan is that they got around this by giving almost everybody a horse to counter this sort of thing. There's really no counter to wargs really if all you have are foot troops, the only answer is either stopping them with your stationary cavalry or swamping them with a lot of archers and infantry.

In a way despite the overpowered wargs here, I think it is balanced. Most evil armies die in droves when confronted by cavalry and archers or any kind, and good infantry are mostly at the mercy of wargs.

Mace to Face said:
Also, can we have added some more powerful troops to the Goblins/Orks in the north?  They seem to only have Orks, and they don't seem to build any higher numbers of them than the Elves, Dwarves or Men who crush them.  Heavier armor, or tougher OrKs, or spawn in greater numbers.  Also, maybe less of a morale hit with large numbers of OrKs?

I've noticed that Gundabad and Moria tend to get their assess kicked by elves due to the orcs fighting the elves on equal numbers. Increasing their numbers would make things less of a curb stomp strategically.

Kohlrabi said:
One settlement each until the war starts - then they expand with a few more camps.

Was this after the patch? I knew Isengard started with at least 2 camps. Isengard itself and the uruk-hai hunting camp beside Fangorn.

Swadius said:
Xatham said:
By the way, Orcs give +party size, is it possible to have elves give -party size?

It's quite possible I would think, but the reason orcs give party size is due to the fact that they die in drove to any sort of half competent troops. Elves on the other hand, are the exact opposite of fodder.

Hence having elves give negative party size - can't have as many elves as you could humans.

I don't find Wargs all that powerful...more annoying than powerful.  Or at least I don't find Warg riders to be powerful in the least, maybe when I ride one I am dangerous, but riders with their crap weapons and skills are not that great.  I don't think they are overpowered at all.

The way my orc army fights, is that I have my infantry and archers all bunch up together, and send my warg riders to charge.  I then ride around causing as much havoc as I can to the enemy.  The hope is that I can disrupt the archers, scatter the infantry and keep the Cavalry busy and then let my infantry mop up in a horde.  But keeping a large number of skilled goblins is difficult and they always suffer morale issues.  I understand that Orcs probably wouldn't be overly brave, but its a realistic, but not very fun game mechanic.  I usually try not to have any orcs in my party at all if once I can gather troops from other places.

Honestly tempted to get Mount and Blade (I have warband) just for this mod.

Amazon just gave me a free £20 so it would be free but....

Opinions?

Well between this and SW:conquest I've got two full original mods whilst there are no mods for any series' like Star wars or LOTR for warband, there are full conversions but nothing on this scale.

And as I've got a voucher...

Well, go for it unless you find something else within that price-range. Something better than the best damn mod for M&B I've ever seen.

AWdeV said:
Well, go for it unless you find something else within that price-range. Something better than the best damn mod for M&B I've ever seen.

Well the game would be just under £10.

Well there a dozens and dozens of extremely superior mods that you can get with the original M&B. You get access to all the old versions. So RPG mod for v.751, Hero and Blade for v.808, and etc.

Mace to Face said:
I don't find Wargs all that powerful...more annoying than powerful.  Or at least I don't find Warg riders to be powerful in the least, maybe when I ride one I am dangerous, but riders with their crap weapons and skills are not that great.  I don't think they are overpowered at all.

The riders are not of any import, the wargs themselves are. They cause more casualties among the foot troops than if you employed any sort of enemy cavalry. They don't stop, and they can't be stopped unless they receive a pike in the face. In many ways, their charge is the deadliest thing about them. I think it's the highest in the game in fact, no swinging of any sort of weapon is needed by a rider.

The way my orc army fights, is that I have my infantry and archers all bunch up together, and send my warg riders to charge.  I then ride around causing as much havoc as I can to the enemy.  The hope is that I can disrupt the archers, scatter the infantry and keep the Cavalry busy and then let my infantry mop up in a horde.  But keeping a large number of skilled goblins is difficult and they always suffer morale issues.  I understand that Orcs probably wouldn't be overly brave, but its a realistic, but not very fun game mechanic.  I usually try not to have any orcs in my party at all if once I can gather troops from other places.

Morale problems? The only morale problem I've experienced is the one where the orc pretender challenges me to a dual. One thing I've noticed about this pretender is that he always has the mind to carry a shield, yet the majority of the orcs don't do so every when they're decked out in armor facing knowing they're going to face a hail of arrows once we leave the camp.

Edit: Hmmm, I wonder if I can get some Uruk-hai to ride the wargs if I tell the original warg riders to dismount and tell my infantry to mount up. I'll try this out at home.

Back
Top Bottom