• Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

24nhgsl.png

dg40nl.png

Been using the Enhanced .exe for several hours now, but haven't noticed much difference.  Still getting same errors, same frequency.  Same Nazgul time, same Nazgul channel.  :neutral:

Arzeal said:
MadVader said:
Arzeal said:
I got red script error lines related to VOICE (it was capitalized)  the when I pressed Tab to cheer in battle, my new char is Female Elf.
Er... that makes little sense. You pressed Tab (which exits battles) to cheer?
Care to explain? Best if you can write down the whole error message (red lines).
Damn, I meant Space to cheer  :eek: Sorry, I'll take screenshot asap
Another Minor Bug:
DuneDain Scouts/Veteran Scouts are catergorized as Infantry; after upgrade to Rangers, they act normally again
Thanks, that was helpful, so it's fixed now. It's harmless, but shows when a female player cheers.

Xatham said:
Try turning off cutsenes in camp menu, the cutscene is probably what crashed you.

It may have been but I reloaded and the war started without a hitch, awesome cutscenes all worked. :razz:

But dang, those invasions are pretty impressive. West Osgiliath was the site of a giant battle of 700 baddies in over a dozen parties against 30 patrolling and scouting gondorians.

I myself got into a 17 vs a hundred-something fight near Edoras. Luckily King Theoden helped me out.

Less luckily, it crashed while I was fighting. Not an error report either, just stopped working.

Was it the one where the screen goes black, and the sound stutters?  That's the one I usually get.  :neutral:

Might start a new game in the patched one, just so I'll already have it when I finally finish with the regular one.

Doing the optimization tweeks recommended and using the last patch I haven't had a crash (had several prior to both).  This included full effects battle size 300 fighting.  I'm thinking of bumping it up to 350 :smile:

I might be going crazy, but it seems that my companions skills change or reset or something strange when they level.  Gained levels in Athletics, but lost a bunch of points I put in Archery. 

Tralfaz said:
MadVader said:
mymee said:
Also has the giving troops bug been addressed? It's the bug where after you give troops to any city barracks there no option to continue from the next screen. The captain says he needs to check the rooster and you are prompted to mouseclick to continue, but it does nothing, and ur stuck there until you end process via taskmgr.
I'm afraid that was not fixed in the current patch, you'll have to wait for the next one.
In the meantime, please avoid giving troops to anybody.
No penicillin in Middle Earth, you know.

"Rescue prisoners" quest.  Can it be any prisoners, or do they have to be the same faction as the whoever gave the quest?  It they have to be the same, that's going to make it VERY difficult.  Have one from Bearhelm, and I haven't seen but(maybe) 2 Beorning prisoners in an enemy party.  Think I had 49 days for the quest when I got it, but Im down to about 12 days now.

I don' t think they have to be the same, the last time I did this, I got the quest from Mordor and them rescued a bunch of Umber troops and it worked.  Also, I think you can check the quest and it will tell you how many more prisoners you need to save to complete it.

Yeah.  Apparently they don't.  I have 19/14 I needed, and hardly any were Beorning.

5x7nl4.png

Mace to Face said:
I might be going crazy, but it seems that my companions skills change or reset or something strange when they level.  Gained levels in Athletics, but lost a bunch of points I put in Archery. 
Maybe they were wounded.

Sometimes, if wounded seriously, their skills drop a couple points.  It goes away after a day or so, depending on Healing skills.

Mace to Face said:

This was a bug already posted where if they got injured and had no skill points in one area (lets say Atlethics), when they heal up, they get the + in athletics as if they healed. (so for example, he had 0 in athletics and was crippled. When healed, gets the +1 in athletics). Im not sure if it was fixed in 3.01, but yea, it has been reported already.

Tralfaz said:
Well, I FINALLY got to join a siege, and guess what?  CRASH!  :mad:

/le sigh

Different ways to reduce the chance of crashes during sieges:
A) Reduce Battle Size
B) Reduce Corpses, Ragdolls
C) Reduce Texture (around 50%-75%)

Have you tried the 4GB patch listed on the TLD forum? That seems to fix most crashes. Check it out! I think it has also been approved by the Devs.

You know, screw doing quests. I get my rank points by being a Middle-Earthian superhero, saving parties of 5-20 soldiers from being butt-mugged by wargs (40 rank points and 4 influence, if the ratio is good enough). I also wait for someone else to engage the enemy before joining in, so I can get the credit. Otherwise all I get is a measely 1-3 rank points.

Also, the "train soldiers for me" quest is way too lucrative. I got 140 rank points for 5 master archers. I guess the quest can be hard if it's not your faction, or you're just starting out, but when you already have 10-15 of the relevant troop type...

Xatham said:
You know, screw doing quests. I get my rank points by being a Middle-Earthian superhero, saving parties of 5-20 soldiers from being butt-mugged by wargs (40 rank points and 4 influence, if the ratio is good enough).
Will be toned down. You can be ME superhero up to some point, then everybody and his dog should grow tired of your sticking your nose into every battle :smile:
Xatham said:
Also, the "train soldiers for me" quest is way too lucrative. I got 140 rank points for 5 master archers. I guess the quest can be hard if it's not your faction, or you're just starting out, but when you already have 10-15 of the relevant troop type...
Yeah, needs a major tone down
Beny said:
Is there any chance this mod will be getting ported to warband?
Developers of MB surely earned every little bonus they can get :wink:
Mod will be ported at some point, but first it will be polished and enlarged on MB1.011

Back
Top Bottom