Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Problems-
1. Once, I was made prisoner by a band of Morgul Orcs and I ended up inside a mountain on the map after escaping.
2. The upgrades seem to come too quickly. After 2-3 battles, I have knights of Dol Amroth.

Boooster said:
-  Can you elaborate on what kind of special items influence buys?  I'm sure someone will eventually make a list, but the anticipation is killing me!
Ask, and ye shall receive.
Code:
     Rank      | Influence required |          Item          |   Effect
Sergeant       |         10         |   Cooking Cauldron     |+20 Morale
Knight         |         15         |     Athelas Plant      |+1 First Aid
Tower Guard    |         20         |   Heavy Gondor Hunter  |
Citadel Guard  |         25         |Tough Tower Guard Armour|
Steward's Guard|         30         |        Tulcarsil       |+1 Strength
Captain        |         35         |      Silmarillion      |+1 Leadership
Champion       |         40         |Sword of the Westernesse|+1 Power Strike
Hero           |         45         |     Horn of Gondor     |+1 Leadership +1 Charisma

MadVader said:
Sinistar said:
Merlkir said:
kosmik said:
It might have been asked already, but are arenas or tournaments still in? (couldn't find them yesterday)

yes, look for the Training option in Barracks.
Currently in my game I serve the Imladris, and so far I can't find a training option when I speak to the Barracks keeper. He gives me three options:

1) If I want to borrow some troops
2) If I want to give back some troops
3) If I want to review my troops

How do I try and train my troops, or just myself?
Not all towns offer training. See the fellow Elves, especially their capitals.

Also for anyone who waits for their faction to do something. Don't. Go and fight the enemy yourself - once their strength is low enough, your faction will start to siege them or even try to destroy them completely. (See the faction strength report for hints)
I figured it out, it turned out that the last outpost near Rhun Camp had a 200 men host stationed there, once we took care of them, the kings of Dales and Erabor swiped Rhun out of map in few days.
Btw I saw the lacks of "common" women in Dales, Beoning (sp?), dwarven citiy (don't really care about dwarven women that much) and Mirkwoods cities. The only "common" woman I saw was during Rohan war cutscenes. What gives?

is there a way to lessen the trees in the forested areas because im lagging dramatically and its kinda stopping my full potential oh and why does the ai take 20+ days to start the siege on a castle?

just ran into my first encounter with a black numenorian... intimidating!

i´ve been defeated and ran into something that seems to be a bug. while been captured the enemy party does not move and as soon as im released i automatically enter the prebattlescreen. must be related to the placement of myself after beeing released. im being placed on the exact same spot as the enemy party and thus can not run away entering an endless loop of battles after being released. enemies party is master fuinur if that helps.

Exellent job! So far my only qualm is that the origional Mount and Blade doesn't feel as fluid as Warband but that can't be helped. Thanks so much for this wonderful mod!

Have anyone been able to fulfill their oath of vengeance? I destroyed both Dunlending armies and some smaller parties and still got the oathbreaker trait.

Right.. so.. um.. no news on whether there is a way to obtain black numenorean troops like in the quick battle.. I'm guessing no.. shame, that. Anyways, what needs to be done in terms of balancing is to somehow make a dynamic leadership statistic or at least be able to add or reduce its effects depending on the faction. It's all good and nice to kick 200 orcs ass with 30 uber elves but 30 disgruntled mordor uruks cannot even beat a bunch of lossernach villagers half the time so clearly the ol' famous M&B numbers advantage that AI armies have REALLY hurts. So yeah.. the one thing I see needing balance right now is not any of the troops themselves but rather how many troops each commander can field.. sure, this can be done by reducing the available troops and making them cost more but this only helps tone down elves - hardly any good that there is a million orcs out there to be recruited for cheap when a mordor general's leadership gets him the same dismally low ammount of max troops as an elven commander's.

Also, am I just bugged/retarded or are formations, especially cavalry wedge completely broken? If I have cavalry they seem to (if there are enough of them) get into some sort of wedge but I cannot actually order them to do so.. and when I give them any other standard order (such as follow me or charge) they break the formation.

Wild Rover said:
An Easterling smith called Ognjemir Kladivo  :eek: :eek:! Triglav, was this your idea?

I admit nothing.
*whistles*
:cool:

EbonKnight said:
So yeah.. the one thing I see needing balance right now is not any of the troops themselves but rather how many troops each commander can field.. sure, this can be done by reducing the available troops and making them cost more but this only helps tone down elves - hardly any good that there is a million orcs out there to be recruited for cheap when a mordor general's leadership gets him the same dismally low ammount of max troops as an elven commander's.

The way it is in game currently, you can field more orcs than your initial leadership would allow, and your max number fo orcs goes up the more you have, and we added some special items for orc-herders that give you even more free troops. So, a resourceful orc captain should be able to quickly have 150 troops with him, while still encountering enemy patrols of 20...

Is it for Warband?
(Only a Joke :razz:!)

It is only one of the best Mods ever. I love it.
In the beginning it is a bit hard (when you have no armour, no weapons, no troops and no money, but if you are a good player and have a bit luck it is not a realy big problem.)
The think I liked most was the writing on the map and the battle for the 'Hornburg'. But in the battle there must be more Uruks! It is to easy.
I hope you had a big party and a lot of fun.

HUtH said:
I don't play many mods, but there are non-fighting features in PoP(heartbeat quests, companion talkings), Brytenwalda: tavern games, unique locations with different content, bards, hunting, flirting, some random and decision events and wife(but it's WB) and children.
Boooster said:
To the devs for their request for feedback on what to implement aside from fighting, I thought I'd throw a few ideas out there:
Arzeal said:
Btw I saw the lacks of "common" women in Dales, Beoning (sp?), dwarven citiy (don't really care about dwarven women that much) and Mirkwoods cities. The only "common" woman I saw was during Rohan war cutscenes. What gives?
These are small flavor things that indeed make the world fuller and enhance immersion, but with our limited time and manpower we concentrated on getting the critical parts of the mod done instead and release it faster. Flavors can be added later.

EbonKnight said:
hardly any good that there is a million orcs out there to be recruited for cheap when a mordor general's leadership gets him the same dismally low ammount of max troops as an elven commander's.
I think you did not pay enough attention to hiring orcs. Cause amount is far from same.

First of all, you guys are amazing!!!  It took you several years to get this out, but it's quality reflects something way beyond.  The visuals are stunning, the quests are more interesting, the systems you devised are seamless, and the cut-scenes are so much fun.... I really feel like I'm in Middle Earth:smile:  The only bug I encounter other than an occasional red script warning is that the wargs flicker in an out of battles when they are far away.  My computer has a hard time figuring out where they are supposed to go until they are close.  This might have something to do with lod computations.  Since my computer is low end I see it a lot.  I'm sure you play with the character detail at max, so you never see this bug.  Also, the rohan archer helmets cut through skin at .lod1 so you see people's heads, again only on a low end machine.

P.S. I just want to add a vote of confidence that I don't really think warband made that much of a difference.  There are some improvements like the ability to reassign battle groups and use throwing weapons as melee, but you guys added so many awesome features that I don't miss it.  Someday when I get a better computer, I'll be able to experience TLD in all its glory :grin:

(In regards to lords being lazy)

Well finally Imrahil and a whole bunch of other lords decided to move out. It took a huge amount of time to make it to Cair Andros (which fell to Mordor at the very start) because they kept getting distracted by the huge number of raiding/scouting/war parties around Minas Tirith.

When we finally got there, the siege started, and... Imrahil decided he'd rather go siege the Orc Camp. OK! I followed him there, babysitting against the scout parties... OK, back to Cair Andros. We get back there and Imrahil decides job well done, time to go home.

I think the main problem here is that Dol Amroth (where Imrahil lives) is just too far away from the places that need to be sieged. By the time he gets there, he's bored. How about making Faramir marshall instead?

EbonKnight said:
Sp00nlord said:
The readme has a list of the formation commands.

Yes I know but they don't work for me, that's the point. At least when dealing with cavalry.
If you want to move a wedge of cavalry, simply press the wedge key again.
If something doesn't work for you explain what you are doing exactly and what you expect to happen. We can't help people who say only "this doesn't work".

HTAPAWASO said:
I think the main problem here is that Dol Amroth (where Imrahil lives) is just too far away from the places that need to be sieged. By the time he gets there, he's bored. How about making Faramir marshall instead?

Faramir was actually the first suggestion among the team when choosing the marshall for Gondor, but we chose Imrahil for lore reasons. It's definitely something that requires thinking over.

Jesus. I became engrossed playing this game last night like I haven't been engrossed with a video game for a LONG time. My brain almost ejaculated when I took a walk around Pelargir. Absolutely brilliant work.

Back
Top Bottom