• Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Merlkir said:
HTAPAWASO said:
I think the main problem here is that Dol Amroth (where Imrahil lives) is just too far away from the places that need to be sieged. By the time he gets there, he's bored. How about making Faramir marshall instead?

Faramir was actually the first suggestion among the team when choosing the marshall for Gondor, but we chose Imrahil for lore reasons. It's definitely something that requires thinking over.
Problem with Faramir is that he's liable to getting killed almost immediately (3 games, 3 deaths for him inside 20 days for me; maybe I'm just lucky) once the hosts of Mordor start slapping his ****. Especially when a multi-host of 1k+ forms and basically corpse camps him.

Mod is great and all. I like to report a bug though. When I enter a battle with more than 100 people involved (the slider is maxed in the game but i use no exterior battlesizer), i get a rgl error and it says "unable to restore vertex buffer." Any solutions to that?

hqthiefreal said:
Mod is great and all. I like to report a bug though. When I enter a battle with more than 100 people involved (the slider is maxed in the game but i use no exterior battlesizer), i get a rgl error and it says "unable to restore vertex buffer." Any solutions to that?
It's not a bug, it's a performance-related crash. Turn down graphics settings etc.

MadVader said:
EbonKnight said:
Sp00nlord said:
The readme has a list of the formation commands.

Yes I know but they don't work for me, that's the point. At least when dealing with cavalry.
If you want to move a wedge of cavalry, simply press the wedge key again.
If something doesn't work for you explain what you are doing exactly and what you expect to happen. We can't help people who say only "this doesn't work".

Well, the standard "move there guys and keep formation while doing"  thing didn't work, not really much more to explain there. So instead just give the order again post-charge command? Gotcha, thanks.

EbonKnight said:
MadVader said:
EbonKnight said:
Sp00nlord said:
The readme has a list of the formation commands.

Yes I know but they don't work for me, that's the point. At least when dealing with cavalry.
If you want to move a wedge of cavalry, simply press the wedge key again.
If something doesn't work for you explain what you are doing exactly and what you expect to happen. We can't help people who say only "this doesn't work".

Well, the standard "move there guys and keep formation while doing"  thing didn't work, not really much more to explain there. So instead just give the order again post-charge command? Gotcha, thanks.

as said in the manual, charge breaks formations. "Follow me" for instance does not, so I use that for attacking with the wedge.

Mandible said:
Now I see where my tunnel props got used. Some day, I'll have to return to Moria and try to actually find my way through those caverns. I have already spent far too much time stumbling in the dark. What a labyrinth!

my friend went thru a moria tunnel and came out in minas tirith! i'm guessing thats a bug. but some quick travel options, like through mines or down rivers would be VERY welcome imo.

somerandomname said:
No, it does not, and you know it. Many things are not mentioned in the books - hobbit sex and taking a crap for instance. Cause they're adventure novels, not encyclopedias of life. So don't be silly with this "unmentioned money" nonsence, medieval level civilization is not possible without monetary system. Seriously guys I think you screwed this resourses idea, same money but for every faction now.

I hate it when people dredge up historical facts to prove their point about the realism of fantasy worlds -- and in doing so, get their historical 'facts' quite wrong.

Monetary exchange systems were still in their infancy in the middle ages. Never mind that Tolkien's work is meant to hearken back to the feel of an earlier time, more akin to the early middle ages or even dark ages, with a hearty dash of Norse/Germanic legends layered over top.  For the most part, the economy of a region or kingdom was done accomplished with the exchange of coins, but with barter. Whether that barter was land in exchange for military service (scutage, or shield tax), a merchant exchanging local wool for exotic velvet, or a farmer trading food for some nails and horseshoes from the local smith -- goods and services were chiefly the currency of the day. Coins existed, yes, and were in use -- but for a long time a coin was no more valuable than the precious metal it was made from, and their stamping was no more than a guarantee of the truth of their weight.

Complain about a barter & favour system if you want... but don't drag realism into it. It's plenty realistic. One might even successfully argue that it's more realistic than the alternate tactic of using generic coins.

He showed up, a cool cut-scene happened, told me to go see Dain, then buggered off. The end result: absolutely nothing. Dain had no reponse.

I got a campaign summons and thought I'd pressed the accept option, at which point he showed up and told me I should go. I possibly pressed the 'no I'm busy' option by mistake though. Either way, him showing up didn't seem to do a lot.

Hey guys anyone notice getting random skill gains in stuff? I got +1 in alot of int skills I didn't put there, pretty sure its not from trait so maybe its from high rank with faction?

hqthiefreal said:

I got that on some sieges, I just turned battlesize from 100 to 50 and it then worked. easier than turning down graphics me thinks

GetAssista said:
you must've refused a certain quest of your faction?
It's what he says when off duty, if you manage to catch him :smile:

Banok said:
Hey guys anyone notice getting random skill gains in stuff? I got +1 in alot of int skills I didn't put there, pretty sure its not from trait so maybe its from high rank with faction?
Hmm.. a rogue trait or a reward item? Which skills are raised?

Great mod so far, enjoyed myself a lot. Here are a few screenshots.

Here is my character on the top of Minas Tirith:
charys.jpg

Stewart Denethor asked me to travel to Edoras to deliver a letter to Eomer so I quickly headed there:
34537003.jpg

55153488.jpg

Denethor later asks me to kill a troll near Henneth Annun, where the Rangers of Ithilien seem to hang. I discovered it in the dead marshes and only just survived. It killed my horse though, weep.
92909356.jpg

Shortly after this, the war had begun and I was quickly called to Dol Amroth to meet with Prince Imrahil. Previously I managed to recruit a small band of Ithilien Rangers so I had enough to say hullo to him. Arriving at Dol Amorth:
28327699.jpg

Shortly after we had left Dol Amorth, our forces were attacked by an army from Umbar.
96773564.jpg

War War War.
59237805.jpg

28488874.jpg

15255106.jpg

18601209.jpg

97217634.jpg

We later reached Minas Tirith and Imrahil let me go.
90985005.jpg

UH uh uh uh uh uh Westerness Sword and the armor you get with influence is such a lethal combo.

For those interested

The sword does 40 PIERCE! damage on slash, 30 on stabs, 100 reach, 130 speed, bonus agaisnt shield and +1 powerstrike, its the ultimate engine of rape of the Middle Earth.

if you get a bug where you attack enemy and click leave them, then your character teleports to mordor and cant see him on the map.

basically the fix is to "camp here for some time" then you appear back where you were.

@lewis how do you get those screenshots to look so nice, did you add a blur effect on the images or using some mod ingame? my settings are maxed and it dont look like that :/

Merlkir said:
HTAPAWASO said:
I think the main problem here is that Dol Amroth (where Imrahil lives) is just too far away from the places that need to be sieged. By the time he gets there, he's bored. How about making Faramir marshall instead?

Faramir was actually the first suggestion among the team when choosing the marshall for Gondor, but we chose Imrahil for lore reasons. It's definitely something that requires thinking over.

Maybe Imrahil could be changed to see Minas Tirith as his hometown, so he would hang out there (but he would still own Dol Amroth).

It's not completely ridiculous, since he was there for most of the war anyway, and even had command of the city for a while.

I can hardly believe this mod is finally released. I just want to congratulate the mod team on a job WELL done. The thing is a masterpiece.

Awesome screens, lewis! Care to share your HDR settings? Or is it your video card effects?

MadVader said:
Hmm.. a rogue trait or a reward item? Which skills are raised?
I suspect it's a bug of my creation. When your head wound heals, you get back lost 1 in your int related skills. But if your skills were 0 at time when you get a would, you would not get a -1. So currently banging your head against the wall turns immediate profit. But only once :smile:

I also got +2 Althetic skill (to total 6) while I only had 12 Agi, I check my traits and special items, nothing mentioned about that bonus, so that meant ... I cut my leg twice for profits already ?  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom