• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Could u guys pls consider speeding up the AI decision making? I've been playing a Dwarf for over 120 days, we have razed Rhun to 2 camps and err ... the Light Orange mountain to their bases, and AI have been in stalement for 40+ days already; Dales, Mirkwood Elves and Dwaven faction have became very strong, I even killed one of Rhun Warlord but they won't bother to atk the main camp.
I'm gathering a Dwarf Army to come up North to help Gondor though, those poor guys are not faring very well

Wurzelmann said:
HoJu said:
Best Tolkien experience ever.
+1

+2..or is that 3?

Anyway, I'm ******** stupid. I found out that actually wasn't the ehanced version. I downloaded that and the cutscenes don't crash anymore! WOO HOO!

Alas, even now it crashes when i look at a bunch of melee troops fighting.

Fully open steppes, happens every time nevertheless. It's really killing me, mainly because I'm amazed at how much better the battles are than in Warband, due to the ai, the animations, the physics and whatnot. Rhun cavalry charging at us was something absolutely magnificent, thaknfully we were able to counter them with dale spearmen, but alas, a bloody crash. :sad:

Orcs seem much weaker than in previous versions. Maybe it's because I'm fighting in the North and the difference between orcs and elves/dwarfs is bigger, but battles are very easy (I'm playing 100% damage and good AI).

By the way, I'm using the enhanced version now, and reduced video to minimum, but the game still crashes in battles sometimes. As YourStepDad said, I never had this problems before in M&B or Warband.

Arzeal said:
Could u guys pls consider speeding up the AI decision making?
We will
Sir Nigel said:
By the way, I'm using the enhanced version now, and reduced video to minimum, but the game still crashes in battles sometimes. As YourStepDad said, I never had this problems before in M&B or Warband.
Did you also disable ragdolls? TLD has sevaral different skeletons for npcs (MB/WB have a single human one), maybe this freaks out ragdoll physics engine sometimes. Switching ragdolls off definitely helps stability
LOL UMAD said:
Im getting a vertex buffer error in big battles. Is there a fix for it?
Lower graphics settings, specifically character and texture details. And don't fight with a lot of dwarves (yet :smile:)

Merlkir said:
kosmik said:
It might have been asked already, but are arenas or tournaments still in? (couldn't find them yesterday)

yes, look for the Training option in Barracks.
Currently in my game I serve the Imladris, and so far I can't find a training option when I speak to the Barracks keeper. He gives me three options:

1) If I want to borrow some troops
2) If I want to give back some troops
3) If I want to review my troops

How do I try and train my troops, or just myself?

Sir Nigel said:
What kind of scenes those battles were? A thick wood, with a real jungles, or on the empty steeps?
I lag heavily in forest battles.

And btw, I read in the manual that it's unknown how to reduce the number of trees in battles. But I do remember I even used some patch (wheather in some mod using PL, or in the PL thread itself) that allows you to reduce the quantitiy of trees. It was in WB though, but I don't think flora is much of a different in M&B.

GetAssista said:
Did you also disable ragdolls? TLD has sevaral different skeletons for npcs (MB/WB have a single human one), maybe this freaks out ragdoll physics engine sometimes. Switching ragdolls off definitely helps stability

Yes, I and also reduced corpses to 10.

trueten said:
What kind of scenes those battles were? A thick wood, with a real jungles, or on the empty steeps?
I lag heavily in forest battles.

Most of the times at the beginning of the battle, when I look to a lot of people at once, or there is too many people moving near me. It doesn't matter the trees, I think. It happens a lot in sieges, I have to stay outside and wait for the others to do the fighting.

Alas, even now it crashes when i look at a bunch of melee troops fighting.

It's really killing me, mainly because I'm amazed at how much better the battles are than in Warband, due to the ai, the animations, the physics and whatnot. Rhun cavalry charging at us was something absolutely magnificent, thaknfully we were able to counter them with dale spearmen, but alas, a bloody crash. :sad:

By the way, it happened in fully open steppes.

trueten said:
And btw, I read in the manual that it's unknown how to reduce the number of trees in battles.
Manual is not correct in this regard. It is perfectly known how to reduce # of trees. It's just a pretty laborsome and not critical thing to do right now, so do not expect any patch from us in near future regarding trees

Sinistar said:
Merlkir said:
kosmik said:
It might have been asked already, but are arenas or tournaments still in? (couldn't find them yesterday)

yes, look for the Training option in Barracks.
Currently in my game I serve the Imladris, and so far I can't find a training option when I speak to the Barracks keeper. He gives me three options:

1) If I want to borrow some troops
2) If I want to give back some troops
3) If I want to review my troops

How do I try and train my troops, or just myself?
Not all towns offer training. See the fellow Elves, especially their capitals.

Also for anyone who waits for their faction to do something. Don't. Go and fight the enemy yourself - once their strength is low enough, your faction will start to siege them or even try to destroy them completely. (See the faction strength report for hints)

After wating for 5 years (or close enough) for this amazing mod, I've been playing it for the past few days and am having a blast.  Started as a Rohan spearman which was fantastic (LOVE the quick overhand thurst... much more than couching). and moved over to an Elf.  A few comments/questions:

-  The Elven training ground has everyone spawn super close to you for single combat.. so you can really train archery too effectively.

-  Is it possible to disable the "fog" weather?  I know this is an issue with Vanilla M&B, but having 4 days of fog is a real pain in the ass since it doesn't affect the AI

-  LOVE the currency system; makes perfect sense and is great.

-  Can you elaborate on what kind of special items influence buys?  I'm sure someone will eventually make a list, but the anticipation is killing me!

-  I'm glad you took the less is more approach with items.  Having only a few varieties of swords,bows, armor for each faction really makes it realistic and worthwhile to build your relations up with other factions. 

-  I snuck into Moria when the option presented itself to me when approaching the gate but got lost in the tunnels.. is that involved in some sort of quest, or is there treasure down there somewhere?  I explored for 10 min or so and felt like I was walking in circles!

-  I encountered a couple of small bugs, but nothing gamebreaking (prisoner rescue bug which I see if listed, and a few others)

Thanks so much for this amazing mod - can't wait to get back to it!

Boooster said:
-  I'm glad you took the less is more approach with items.  Having only a few varieties of swords,bows, armor for each faction really makes it realistic and worthwhile to build your relations up with other factions. 

It was more because of the item count limit of MnB :wink:

(and we'd rather if someone made a list of the special items, so you guys discover them on your own)

Boooster said:
-  Can you elaborate on what kind of special items influence buys?  I'm sure someone will eventually make a list, but the anticipation is killing me!

They generally offer you +1 in a stat whilst you have it in your inventory, or are superior versions of equipment. I imagine for the top ranks you'll start getting unique gear.

Merlkir said:
Something that caught my attention - other than battles, what would you like to do later in the game? What is TLD missing compared to those "Warband mods" mentioned?

(and please, if it's anything like building villages, collecting taxes and running your own kingdom, I'm sorry. We won't ever add that.)
Well, if you're thinking of post-War-of-the-Ring content, there's always the possibility of fleshing out that book Tolkien considered but never wrote? The one where the human youths start up "orc cults", after the orcs have disappeared.

But, that might be outside of the scope, of this mod. Will refrain from further suggestions until I've tried out the game.

Wow, cities look great! Especially Edoras! Congratulations!

I was wondering when training with Rohirrim my arrows did not stick in their bodies only in shields....can I change this in graphic menu or is this because of new unit models...?

Halvar said:
I was wondering when training with Rohirrim my arrows did not stick in their bodies only in shields....can I change this in graphic menu or is this because of new unit models...?
It's the blunt training arrows, eh? Why would you want to kill your fellow allies :wink:

M&B always crashes when I should kill the remaining soldiers who have retreated to the "castle" when I siege Uruk-Hai River Camp (or something like that).
I don't think it's my system's fault, everything runs well.
My system:
Win XP Professional 32bit
2GB RAM
ASUS EAH3850 Top 512mb
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

Back
Top Bottom