Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Urgrevling said:
Did you guys notice you were mentioned on Rock Paper Shotgun yet?
Yeah, very nice. Merlkir googles every day and lets the others know if have won the Nobel Prize yet.
We are in a hurry to patch TLD to be in the best shape before being reviewed by that RPS guy. (More music, more fun with prisoners, smarter AI and other fixes for reported bugs)

I don't know if Im supposed to put it here but I got an annoying bug to report...

Well, Celeborn just called me to war, so in preparation I checked the barracks of Caras Galadhon for better recruits, I found some better ones than I had but had my party full, so I checked the option(in the barracks) to leave some of my soldiers there so I could recruit the better ones, problem is, after i left them there the game gets stuck on the next window with the NPC telling me he was checking the troop rooster or something and it just hangs there and I had to use ctrl+alt+del to close the game. I did it 3 times and all 3 times I got the same result, bad bug?

Besides that? I'm in love with this mod, thanks fore the hard work!

Swadius said:
These types of heroes tend to be worth the cost.

They are, especially since I have too much money to know what to do with at 80 days in, but my complaint centers around how the game forces you to go through a ton of story and errands without even telling you what you need for this hero. "Great! I would love to join you. Also, I need a ton of gold. And you have to rank up." It's incredibly frustrating

Good stuff doesn't come easy  :wink:

By the way, what are the "symptoms" of the 'too many parties' problem? I'm at day 200 (around) and not experiencing more difficulties than normal - my PC's far from what one'd call decent.

I want to know, so I'd prevent blue screen cutscenes...

Woah! I just made a little search in google. And, the project seems to have showed itself even in PCGamer and some other Turkish platforms which are very popular.

jezza93 said:
What is wrong with Theodan?

After being defeated again he rides out from Helm's deep with 15 of his kingsguard and starts hunting orcs,I follow at a distance and help him out when he gets into battles,then eventually he bumps into an Urk Hai host of 130 men,so him and his (now) 12 are being slaughtered forcing me to jump in with my 50 men to save the day,I lost 7 good men much to my dismay,then he runs off again and gets attacked by 150 orcs,I just thought 'to hell with you Theodon.

Before you start calling him "theodin" or "theodun", his name is Theoden. With an "e". Losing 7 out of 50 against 130 really shouldn't be a big deal either. Jolly great victory, I'd say.

Belendor Torheal Artendor said:
Woah! I just made a little search in google. And, the project seems to have showed itself even in PCGamer and some other Turkish platforms which are very popular.

Yep, we know. :smile: We get these links sooner or later and post them on the Facebook group page.

Uberfellow said:
Swadius said:
These types of heroes tend to be worth the cost.

They are, especially since I have too much money to know what to do with at 80 days in, but my complaint centers around how the game forces you to go through a ton of story and errands without even telling you what you need for this hero. "Great! I would love to join you. Also, I need a ton of gold. And you have to rank up." It's incredibly frustrating

I understand reading three paragraphs of text is difficult. Next version of TLD will come with a package of crack with each download.

TLD's new ad slogan:  "To hell with cookies! We got crack!"

They'll probably have the Warband mod done by the time I get a new computer, one that can handle a 1000 battle size.  :sad:

Arlborn said:
I don't know if Im supposed to put it here but I got an annoying bug to report...

Well, Celeborn just called me to war, so in preparation I checked the barracks of Caras Galadhon for better recruits, I found some better ones than I had but had my party full, so I checked the option(in the barracks) to leave some of my soldiers there so I could recruit the better ones, problem is, after i left them there the game gets stuck on the next window with the NPC telling me he was checking the troop rooster or something and it just hangs there and I had to use ctrl+alt+del to close the game. I did it 3 times and all 3 times I got the same result, bad bug?

Besides that? I'm in love with this mod, thanks fore the hard work!

a common bug, the walkaround i found out lately is to give them troops of both their faction and other faction, then they will check and receive their man and return others to you. if u just give them the guys they will take, the conversation will not end

AWdeV said:
jezza93 said:
What is wrong with Theodan?

After being defeated again he rides out from Helm's deep with 15 of his kingsguard and starts hunting orcs,I follow at a distance and help him out when he gets into battles,then eventually he bumps into an Urk Hai host of 130 men,so him and his (now) 12 are being slaughtered forcing me to jump in with my 50 men to save the day,I lost 7 good men much to my dismay,then he runs off again and gets attacked by 150 orcs,I just thought 'to hell with you Theodon.

Before you start calling him "theodin" or "theodun", his name is Theoden. With an "e". Losing 7 out of 50 against 130 really shouldn't be a big deal either. Jolly great victory, I'd say.

Sorry I uh wasn't sure about the spelling,now I am :smile:.

And it wasn't the fact that I lost the men that bugged me, it was that battle after battle he kept charging into another fray only for me to scoop him out time after time, eventually I realised there was no point rescuing his last 6 men in his patrol of Edoras because he would just respawn with another 15 back at helm's deep.

Well i really love this mod, it took some time to get used to it but now I love it, there is so much detail in everything and the armours are so cool :smile:
This will easily become my favourite LotR mod :smile:

But there is one thing that overshadows everything, the mod is to easy. Difficult is set to 150% but i can still win nearly every fight and even if i loose there are no consequences,I just take the next volunteers and get going again.

It is Day 100 and I am playing as a Gondorian commander, Mordor took Cair Andros around Day 30, since then nothing happened. No Siege attempt, no "great Campaigns" nothing. Neither Gondor nor Mordor are attacking with large forces.
In Rohan there is a similar situation, Rohan lost Westfold and East Emnet between day 30-50 and after that nothing happened, a few siege attempts from Isengard but they always break off without fighting.

I've played POP (Warband) before were I had to fight against constant enemy attacks, sieges came faster than I could recover and there I had a real challenge. Maybe there could be a difficult option in the camp menu?

My problem with Rohan atm is that Theoden has finally amassed a sizable host and keeps going to beseige the Urak Hai camp but whenever he a uruk scout comes close he just chases them off thus ending the siege.

Back
Top Bottom