The Mead Hall

Users who are viewing this thread

Vidirhrafn said:
Hello guys, I took a few days of workshops with Einar Selvik a little while ago and I thought I'd share some pictures I took.

A couple pictures of his Jouhikko and Kraviklyre:
fXgPevk.jpg

uOHgHI0.jpg

And the man himself doing what he does best :grin:

9d56MDm.jpg

Very nice!

Sir_Stud said:
There is a good book with the same name as this mod, Vikingr but only on kindle

There's also, hilariously, a brand of beard wax and oil with the same name. Perfect for keeping your beard neat and tidy in all those shieldbattles.

skeggolia_1024x1024.jpg

Snowthorn said:
Sir_Stud said:
There is a good book with the same name as this mod, Vikingr but only on kindle

There's also, hilariously, a brand of beard wax and oil with the same name. Perfect for keeping your beard neat and tidy in all those shieldbattles.

skeggolia_1024x1024.jpg

My character is too young to wear a beard! At least he'll save some money on hygiene, unlike many other characters  :wink:

Snowthorn said:
skeggolia_1024x1024.jpg

That's going on my wishlist!

I'm also saving for a good talharpe/jouhikko.
If anyone else is eager to buy one, let me know. Einar has given me some suggestions on craftsmen

By the way guys, what happened to Barabas? Did he simply decide to leave the community or what?

Also, is there any way I could preset troops limits in Sample.txt?

vtz said:
I agree that there were quite many Jomsvikings breaking the rules, but as far as I remember, we boycotted only 1 SWE since I joined the clan in September/October 2014. We did it because we got massively kicked on the previous SWE, often without a valid reason. What's more, I was the only Jomsvking no to join the boycott and I told Ragnarr that admins did very good job then, so Jomsvkings returned to SWE the next month. And yes, some of us got kicked after that accident, but this was occasional and in large majority reasonable, hence we were not angry at admins because of that. In fact, Ragnarr often punished those who got kicked/banned during SWE, even with a kick (in case of Oddr).
Dead is a rather relative term it seems, observations being the basis of science, but not something to base accusations on. Then again anything seems dead compared to the hordes of Jomsvikings, to whom the idea of a clan was to clanstack,
I disagree. I would never call Fyrningas dead, for example.
Maybe you think that for  me, it is necessary to have 'hordes' of players to call yourself an active clan. If so, you are wrong. For me, even a clan that consists of 3 people can be easily called active, as long as these 3 guys attend Hildileikr from time to time and do their best to join events.
Fact is: Jomsborg members had the highest kick/ban rate in the Shieldwall events
Provided that Jomsvikings often made 50% of SWE attendants, I don't find it any wierd.
If we are the largest group attending an event, it is quite obvious that we will also have the biggest number of kicked people.
Next time you're not trying to insult people, read your text before posting it, but based on later posts, it's hard to imagine your intentions were/are innocent.
I do realize that, if Deorlaf/anyone else here does not believe me, I guess I cannot do anything about it.
You can go on living in your bubble of ignorance and saying people have mental disorders, but the Jomsborg were a big part of what happened to Vikingr.
I have never called someone mentally ill before, maybe excluding the times when I was a silly 10 year old boy, so 'saying people have mental disorders' is not an appriopriate expression here. And also note I did not tell that I'm sure - maybe Theodric is simply trolling by saying such absurd things.

Source: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,344214.150.html

1. The Jomsborg have always been kicked/banned for good reason. Never has Admin powers nor an Admin abused anyone from the Jomsborgers, though a lot of you seem to preach otherwise. Simply by the fact that this is a decent community with a good choice of Admins.

2. The Osredingas, Arnarnins, Fyrningas and even my clan had regular people on. Granted that with my clan that it was mostly me, Wulfgar and Andrix that came on - but that's at least three. And if you're saying that three is active, then my clan was indeed active. The only reason our numbers were low during events is that events tended to happen when I was busy in the great outside and some of the times my people were busy as well with life and other things. I would never force people to attend.

3. Notice how people from other clans never got kicked. And we made up all together nearly the full amount of Jomsborgers. You have no excuse for bad discipline and not following the rules. By simply attending the event you agree to the rules of the thread. If you break that, then you don't deserve to be there - not matter your clan.

4. Your intentions were blatantly otherwise.

5. And it's not trolling to address such concerns. But if you couldn't have guessed; I'm not trolling.

RagnarGerman said:
Coming up with old stuff even though the mod is dead, are we?

If you clicked on the source link then you would see that we're addressing problems of now and the past. So it's not coming up with old stuff when it is quite clearly still relevant.

TirAeda said:
RagnarGerman said:

If you clicked on the source link then you would see that we're addressing problems of now and the past. So it's not coming up with old stuff when it is quite clearly still relevant.

How is it relevant when the mod is dead and (nearly) nobody of the Jomsborg isn't playing it anymore?

RagnarGerman said:
TirAeda said:
RagnarGerman said:

How is it relevant when the mod is dead and (nearly) nobody of the Jomsborg isn't playing it anymore?

It's relevant because you apparently can't click links or read. Now add something to the conversation or stop trying to make it go away by being silly.

KickingJoub said:
RagnarGerman said:
TirAeda said:
RagnarGerman said:

It's relevant because you apparently can't click links or read. Now add something to the conversation or stop trying to make it go away by being silly.

I add that I agree to the things being said, that the ban of Jomsborg members was (mostly) legit.

RagnarGerman said:
I add that I agree to the things being said, that the ban of Jomsborg members was (mostly) legit.

Thank you for the input, and I do agree even myself that things got out of hand and overreactions happened. Even the admins are only human and prone to making mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom