Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

sorry about that. I meant modelling.  :oops:
and this is going to sound INCREDIBLY noobish, but what is a source code? (I probably know WHAT it is, just didn't know it was a source code, if that makes any sense)

Mad Skillz said:
and this is going to sound INCREDIBLY noobish, but what is a source code? (I probably know WHAT it is, just didn't know it was a source code, if that makes any sense)

Oh that's alright - I can't model, unforunately. If I had 3DS Max I could, but I don't have it nor do I have the money for it.

A Source Code is what is used by Python to create the module folder. But since you're not using Python, I assume you likely don't have a source code, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't know how to get a source code from the Troop Editor.

****. I'll search on forums, see if I can find anything.
EDIT: I can't find anything. I have a folder for the Star Wars minimod, with my new settings on it, and I might be able to make that into a new folder... technically it would be a module folder. would that work?
EDITED EDIT: nope, doesn't work. I could redo it all in Python, but it might take a while.

Mad Skillz said:
****. I'll search on forums, see if I can find anything.
EDIT: I can't find anything. I have a folder for the Star Wars minimod, with my new settings on it, and I might be able to make that into a new folder... technically it would be a module folder. would that work?
EDITED EDIT: nope, doesn't work. I could redo it all in Python, but it might take a while.

That's alright, you've got something that you can work with, and what you're going to need is a modeller.

So don't worry, thanks anyway.

Hank said:
Mad Skillz said:

Oh that's alright - I can't model, unforunately. If I had 3DS Max I could, but I don't have it nor do I have the money for it.

A Source Code is what is used by Python to create the module folder. But since you're not using Python, I assume you likely don't have a source code, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't know how to get a source code from the Troop Editor.

Mad Skillz, you're probably using my Troop Editor to make changes by directly modify the troops.txt and party_templates.txt files, right?  As Hank said, source code is the files that are used to actually build those text files.  Unfortunately my Troop Editor only allows direct edits to the text files, but can't generate python files themselves. Anyway, in terms of python code vs. the text files....  For example, the Jedi Padawan in the troops.txt looks like this:

Code:
trp_jedi_padawan Jedi_Padawan Jedi_Padawan 70255616 0 0 1 43 0
  464 0 468 0 469 0 470 0 147 0 148 0 153 0 152 0 103 0 92 0 442 0 443 0 444 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 
  7 5 4 4 15
 127 135 123 121 133 131 133
48 805306368 805306368 16947 279296 0 
  0 0 1835008 0 55817827083 7905747460180148223 2031614 0

However, the troops.txt was created from a module_troops.py file that looks like this:

Code:
   ["jedi_padawan","Jedi Padawan","Jedi Padawan",tf_mounted|tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_ranged,no_scene,0,fac_commoners,
[itm_force_push,itm_force_throw_lightsaber_orange,itm_force_throw_lightsaber_purple,itm_force_throw_lightsaber_yellow,itm_linen_tunic,itm_short_tunic,itm_leather_vest,itm_tabard,itm_leather_boots,itm_leather_gloves,itm_lightsaber_orange,itm_lightsaber_purple,itm_lightsaber_yellow],
    def_attrib|level(15),wp(120),starwars_skills_2,mercenary_face_1, mercenary_face_2],

So if I post the source code to this mod Hank and others will be able to directly edit the original *.py files and not have to use the Troop Editor or try and change the text files directly.  Using the source code is a lot more powerful and once you spend a day or two getting the hang of it I actually find it easier then my troop editor.  :wink:

If you are interested in learning about source code you can go here to download the Module System for M&B 0.960, its actually pretty easy to learn and people on the Module Development message boards can answer questions, etc.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,39256.0.html

Does this mean I kick the medieval boys ass as astorm trooper teleported back in time to calradia (my personal roleplay) Or the game is filled with star wars guys?

Nah I allways wanted to be a gun man with matching armour transported back in time fighting the calradians. (preferably a conquistador with musket half plate etc... but for now a storm trooper will do)

we need grenades. thremal detonators kill ally and enemy soldiers, concussion KOs ally and enemy soldiers.

lots of times in battles i get swarmed by villigers all of the sudden and get stuck, it would be perfect but your pretty much sacrificing yourself.

Hank said:
Z.A.C. said:
we need grenades. thremal detonators kill ally and enemy soldiers, concussion KOs ally and enemy soldiers.

That's a bit difficult to program I would think - I don't know if we can even DO splash damage.

We can, do a forum search, and D'Sparil's EatRC has a Cannon that does AoE damage. Not sure how though, might have to rummage through The Forge.

P.S. I can't model a cube, much less an item :mrgreen:.

G36E said:
Hank said:
Z.A.C. said:

That's a bit difficult to program I would think - I don't know if we can even DO splash damage.

We can, do a forum search, and D'Sparil's EatRC has a Cannon that does AoE damage. Not sure how though, might have to rummage through The Forge.

yeah, grenades would be cool but I'm not sure how to create them.  Possibly we could use something from that 'Magic Mod' under the Released Mods section since he does some very cool stuff?  I also want force lightning for the Sith......

Random question, can we do semi-transparent textures?    I wanted to make a power shield or something like that.....

HokieBT said:
G36E said:
Hank said:
Z.A.C. said:

yeah, grenades would be cool but I'm not sure how to create them.  Possibly we could use something from that 'Magic Mod' under the Released Mods section since he does some very cool stuff?  I also want force lightning for the Sith......

Force lightning? Damn, are you sure it's M&B you're trying to mod? I've got the magic mod source by the way:
Fire Thrower which does fireballs + explosions:
Code:
 [(ti_on_weapon_attack, [(play_sound,"snd_pistol_shot"),(assign,":distance",99999),(try_for_agents,":agent"),
                              (agent_is_alive,":agent"),
                              (agent_is_human,":agent"),
                              (agent_get_look_position, pos2, ":agent"),
                              (get_distance_between_positions,":dist",pos1,pos2),
                              (lt,":dist",":distance"),
                              (assign,":chosen",":agent"),
                              (assign,":distance",":dist"),
                            (end_try),
                            (assign,reg54,1),
                            (agent_get_look_position,pos6,":chosen"),
                            (position_copy_origin,pos6,pos1),
                            (position_move_y,pos6,250),],)]],
Important bits are there, the rest are item modifiers. Maybe you should ask Mira after he's done with Gun Thunder. (i.e. 2 weeks)

Semi translucency should be modifiable on items. Lemme drag up BRFEdit first.
DEAD BRFEDIT!?!?!? Oh well, it should be doable, the lightsabers are after all semi-translucent.

G36E said:
Semi translucency should be modifiable on items. Lemme drag up BRFEdit first.
DEAD BRFEDIT!?!?!? Oh well, it should be doable, the lightsabers are after all semi-translucent.

lol, good point about the lightsabers, I think I found the flags, thx.

I can't figure out to change soldiers in the game into the republic/ imperial soldiers.

I also gave the footmen those vibro knifes, i had dozens in my partie and we went into battle, they swarmed the enemy horses chopping them to peices.

is there a way to replace soldiers like the veigers with republic soldiers without changing all the armor and weapons on the current units,

Back
Top Bottom