So, about looters

Users who are viewing this thread

1.1.2 main branch

I'm in the early game riding around solo when I run into a group of 15 looters. Fine, I can probably handle this.

Issue 1: Out of the 15 looters, more than 10 of them are throwing rocks. That's just too much, and by the end of the battle, my horse is down - from rocks alone - and I'm brought to about half hp. Sure, it's probably a 50/50 chance looters will have rocks on them, but that should probably be reduced somewhat, if not outright capped when the party is generated.

Issue 2: The entire group retreats when I have killed only 7 of them. Because I lost my horse and am out of arrows I can't stop them, when I come back to the world map, the 8 that escaped immediately attack me again. If 8 looters is enough to attack me out right, why did they retreat when they had that many left (and I was dehorsed and out of arrows)? Okay, they were demoralized by taking loses, but they should also be able to recognize that they still have a significant numerical advantage even after losing almost half their group. I know looters aren't exactly the most courageous or organized bunch, but I'm pretty sure the looters in Warband weren't this cowardly. Plus, every other bandit type will fight to the death against a solo player or even a small army.

Last edited:
Yeah, I defeated some looters and a couple ran away but i was alone and now below 20% health.. They immediately re attacked me on the world map and as I had low health I had no option but to surrender, so essentially I got captured for winning a battle.
If they've run away in the battle they should at least continue to run away on the map for a while.

I totally agree with the moral issue, since we cannot auto resolve looter battle anymore for low risk xp.

The moral value of the looters should be increased so more can be killed, to avoid situations where out 60 looters 15 die and the rest flees.

Yeah, I agree with you guys too, but also I just want to point out that the word I assume you are trying to use is "morale" with an "e" on the end. I got confused at first and was thinking it was about right and wrong cuz you said "the moral issue".

Back
Top Bottom