My rantings about where the updates are going

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey all, we had some changes relevant to the blocking performance of low-level troops in the most recent beta
Well it's tolerable now, still silly a Looter can block a full speed horseback Lance with an 8 inch hammer and not even get staggered. My biggest issue is Combat Difficulty doesn't seem to have any effect on how well the A.I. attacks/blocks like it used too. The Combat A.I. Difficulty is effectively defunct far as I can tell, maybe it only effects formation use/battlefield tactics now? That's not good IMO

KeFTSa9.png

Also if the A.I. is going to block most attacks, players need to get XP for any attack that "hits" or that they block with said weapon. I know you get a small amount of XP for damaging shields, etc. but you guys need to expand upon that if the A.I. is going to fight like this. Otherwise you just encourage players to effectively backstab every enemy combatant for XP. I don't think that's good though as that just creates a further divide between those who play SP vs MP. The player should be encouraged to fight well.

I did a bit of testing, and unless there's something special about Practice Tournament A.I., whether my Combat Skills were 25, 150, or 250 seemed to make no difference on well the A.I. blocked. Any increased combat efficacy seemed to stem mostly from the fact that I could swing weapons faster...

I dislike how they nerfed the game so it's very easy to get elite troops. I'm stomping around Calradia with 300 elite troops, never losing any battles and rarely losing troops !

ONLY respected kings should attract so many experienced troops, the rest should be militia peasantry. The test for a commander would be how they handle green troops, gaining tactic skill by keeping them standing in battle and not fleeing.

Sigh .. I hate console kiddies ..

Back
Top Bottom