Users who are viewing this thread

@Ackdam
Just finished all the edicts images and edited the original post. What do you think? :giggle:

Also, I wanted your opinion on one thing.
I still haven't made the image on the new interface window for the edicts, but I made 2 versions of where the button to access the interface could be placed, so I wanted to pick your brain on which you think is better or if I should put both on the post after I finish making the interface window.

Version-1.png

Under the governor picture​
Version-2.png

On the top of the management window offset to the right​

I'm still gonna make more alterations, like adding your idea for edicts impacting relations with notables and giving you a mention there as you helped me a LOT with this.
I only changed the edicts images for now.

Last edited:
A better place might be right under the section title ("Manage"). That way it is right in the top-center and easy to spot. It took me a few seconds to see it under the Governor portrait, and I had to search a bit for it on the second picture. It might just be a sizing issue as well, as it is quite spall and doesn't stand out much. Consider how they switch tabs on other screens like the Kingdoms and Clan windows.

A better place might be right under the section title ("Manage"). That way it is right in the top-center and easy to spot. It took me a few seconds to see it under the Governor portrait, and I had to search a bit for it on the second picture. It might just be a sizing issue as well, as it is quite spall and doesn't stand out much. Consider how they switch tabs on other screens like the Kingdoms and Clan windows.
I'll try sizing it up more on the second version and add the mouse to both pointing to the button, yet right under "Manage" there is actually something I had deleted before and should add back which is the symbol which shows what edible goods are being imported into your settlement and might have uses later if they add something like a trade agreement function.

I am more partial to the second version for some reason, but I will probably be adding both of them after fixing the sizing issue and adding the mouse to point where to look to fix what you mentioned.

@Ackdam
Just finished making the image for the interface and even made a short video of the interface opening. It was a LOT of work as I am not really experienced neither with image editing, much less with video editing, but it was a lot of fun, so I kept going xD
I would love to hear your opinions on it ^^

I kind of went through an extra effort to create images for this suggestion using GIMP because I was excited, so if possible, I would thank you all very much if you could leave a reply commenting on the quality of the images as well, not just the idea itself, because I have no real experience with image editing and it was a LOOOT of work to make everything.
Hope you guys like it.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Introduction
I mentioned a few times before, in replies to other feedback and in a previous post of my own that the current "Prosperity" value is confusing because it misguides you to believe it means how prosperous and profitable that settlement is, but instead, it actually more closely represent how much population is in that settlement.

There is also the Food/Prosperity downward loop that several feedback posts also tackled with suggestions on how to fix, and I would like to present with a few ideas that gives way more control over a settlement's management while also removing that confusion due to prosperity's name.

Prosperity
In order to avoid the players being misguided due to its name and also provide one more value that helps against the downward spiral, as I suggested a few times before, I believe Prosperity should be split into 2 values:
  • Population
    Population-Icon-1-6x.png

That would represent how much people reside inside that settlement so its modifiers would represent birth rate, death rate, tourism influx, tourism outflux, immigration and emigration.
    It would provide a negative modifier to Food, while also providing a positive modifier to Militia and that settlement's Taxes and Tariffs.
    It would take into consideration how many recruits are available, so recruiting units would slightly reduce the population, caravans and villagers currently visiting, nobles present, heroes and all other units that might visit or exit the settlement somehow.
    It would also be split into Children, Adults and Elderly percentages within the "Manage Settlement" window and the negative modifier duel to mortality rate would affect more on the Elderly than adults and more on adults than on children.

&
  • Efficiency
    Efficiency.png

That would represent how much that settlement is capable producing and its modifiers would represent the yield of the fields, market sales, cattle results, unemployment rates, money flow and the likes.
    It would provide a positive modifier to Food, Militia and Tariffs.
    The more the settlement produces, the more militia can be hired and more food there is.
    It would also affect the production of goods in the villages of that settlement's fief and the availability of goods produced by the settlement's workshop in the trade market .
    Efficiency's value would also influence the price to purchase a workshop in that settlement.
Daily production in workshops and village produces would be slightly altered to be calculated by:

Base value * Efficiency * (%of adults in your population[workforce] - Unemployment%) * Possible policy or effects modifiers​

Unemployment rate would vary according to money flow in the trade market. The more money coming in, the lower the unemployment rate.

Edicts:
Simultaneous to the split of prosperity (and the thing that I spent almost a whole day without sleep making) I would like to suggest the implementation of an Edicts system to the Town and Castle management.
Edicts would be, in a sense. similar to kingdom policies, yet on a smaller scale affecting only a single settlement and the villages of its fief.

Only a single edict can be active at a time and each edict has an individual cost of their own in order to enact out of the settlements values.

Version-2.png

Interface.png

The available edicts I could think of were:
  1. Social-Repose.png
    Social Repose:
    • +10% Food Consumption*.
    • +10% Tariff.
    • -1 Efficiency per day.
    • +1 Loyalty per day.
    Cost: 20 Efficiency​

2. Forbid-Immigration.png
    Forbid Immigration:
    • -10% Tariff Revenue.
    • +1 Security per day.
    • -2 Militia per day.
    • -10 Population per day.
    Cost: 20 Efficiency​

3. Stimulate-Immigration.png
    Stimulate Immigration:
    • +15% Food Consumption*.
    • +10 Population per day.
    • +2 Militia per day.
    • +1 Efficiency per day.
    • -1 Loyalty per day.
    Cost: 20 Security, 10 Loyalty​

4. Stimulate-Emmigration.png
    Stimulate Emmigration:
    • -20% Tax revenue.
    • -20 Population per day.
    • -1 Militia per day.
    • -2 Efficiency per day.
    Cost: 20 Efficiency, 10 Security​

5. Forced-Conscription.png

Forced Conscription:
    • Fills 2 empty recruitment slots with tier 1 units
      every day.
    • Increase all the fief's Recruit's tier by 1 after
      (1 * tier) week without being recruited up to tier 4.
    • -2 Efficiency per day.
    • +5 Militia per day.
    Cost: 30 Efficiency​

6. Curfew.png
    Curfew:
    • +1 Population per day.
    • +5 Security per day.
    • -5 Efficiency per day.
    • -5 Loyalty per day.
    Cost: 30 Efficiency, 20 Loyalty​

7. Food-Rationing.png
    Food Rationing:
    • -40% Food Consumption*.
    • -10% Tariff.
    • -5 Loyalty per day.
    • -5 Efficiency per day.
    • -5 Population per day.
    • -10 Security per day.
    Cost: 30 Efficiency, 20 Loyalty​

8. Martial-Law.png
    Martial Law:
    • Militia counts as Garrison for Security
      at 50% of the effect.
    • Double Security's growth**.
    • -20% Tariff.
    • +20% Food Consumption*.
    • +5 Militia per day.
    • -10 Loyalty per day.
    Cost: 50 Efficiency, 30 Loyalty​

*Consumption = The negative modifier in Food due to Population(Currently Prosperity).
    **Growth = Any positive result after the sum of all positive & negative modifiers.
Governance
Governors, be them either companions or hired, would use and change these edicts for you as they see fit according to their profile and preferences from time to time, yet, if and when a settlement were to be without a governor, the player would be allowed to change an Edict using the Clan's window Fief's tab, but it would take time before that change takes place relative to how far the player was from that fief in the map as if the message he sent takes time to reach.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These changes would provide a wider array of tools to fix a settlement's statistics, besides making "Prosperity" less misguiding by changing it completely while also giving one more value and modifier to help avoid the Food Production's downward spiral and better equip the players to handle their fiefs.

I am extremely thankful for user @Ackdam for the extensive assistance with finishing to flesh out this idea.
I really hope you like it and any comment with your thoughts and opinions, be it about the idea itself, the images or the short video would be very, VERY appreciated :giggle:

Some extra feedback and possibilities within this idea as provided by Ackdam

-Martial Law and Curfew could have negative effects on gang leader relations with time.
-Encourage Immigration and Holiday Seasons might improve relations with the traders and have their quests pop up more.
-Forbid Immigration and Encourage Emigration would be detrimental to your relations with traders and have their quests pop up less.

I think you will like some of the concepts I post in my thread.

They touch on some things you are talking about, and I think they could be meshed here.

@Ackdam
Just finished making the image for the interface and even made a short video of the interface opening. It was a LOT of work as I am not really experienced neither with image editing, much less with video editing, but it was a lot of fun, so I kept going xD
I would love to hear your opinions on it ^^
Sorry for the late response. We had some emergencies with the family dog which didn't end well...

Anyhow, I like the animation of the scroll, though it might be a good idea to speed it up a bit. I still don't like the positioning of the button, but that might just be my OCD. It wouldn't turn me away from the idea, just irritate me slightly until I click on it and forget about where it was. All-in-all it's a really well-designed concept.

Sorry for the late response. We had some emergencies with the family dog which didn't end well...

Anyhow, I like the animation of the scroll, though it might be a good idea to speed it up a bit. I still don't like the positioning of the button, but that might just be my OCD. It wouldn't turn me away from the idea, just irritate me slightly until I click on it and forget about where it was. All-in-all it's a really well-designed concept.
My deepest condolences for the family dog... I have one myself which means the world to me and about two years ago I lost a cat I loved with all my heart, so I can understand how you must be feeling...

About the scroll animation, I made it a bit faster and messed with the sound a bit. Think it might be a little better now.
About the button positioning, for some reason it felt right for me for it to be there. I am kind of OCDish about things being symmetrical myself, but for some reason, I really like it there and with that shape as if it was coming out as an extension of the title area.

I the future they just could just add a button to the left side as well to access graphics information, so that might fix what is bothering you as well by making everything more symmetrical.

+1 Population would add a lot more depth to the game.
Some suggestions:
Adding a "Veteran" modifier. That influence how much veteran militia exist in the settlement. In times of war the lords may call levies in the villages in depence of "Veteran" the troops they recruit would be better. Also after call levy the population and veteran modifier would decrese. So after finish the war, lords should dismiss their levies for restores the population of the settlement. If only low tier troops survive the veteran modifier would decrease.

Other way to restore the production should be the use of slaves could have another function besides selling them. In case of lack of population to produce the lands, the slaves could be used. The only problem is that if the proportion of slaves is too high, a slave revolt may occur.

In the case of prosperous settlements there could be a new unit "Armored Veteran militia" that would be the landowners or merchants who have enough money to pay for a good armor.
equipamiento-de-un-pavesero-o-infante-pesado-italiano.png

Back
Top Bottom