SP - General Manage villages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay, so I just conquered my very first castle, a wondrous battle of 96 elite units I had been raising for a looooong time against 172 castle garrison with only one siege tower, a ram and one fiery balista against the castle armed with 3 catapults.

Yet, after this seriously hard victory, I was a bit disappointed to find out a few things, so I will leave a suggestion list on settlements and castle.

1st- is the fact that, only after conquering it and visiting the inside of my castle to take a look around had I found out that there are traders within the castles.
Yet, they have absolutely nothing to sell, even if they have quite a lot of money and can buy things from you.
There should be a "Trade" option in castle's menus, just like in towns, and they should have some things to sell, depending on the villages around.

2nd- I truly believe we should be able to ransom prisoners from within the castle's dungeon. Like, it just makes sense. Why do I have to pick the prisoners, take them to a town and only ransom them within the tavern? Couldn't castle garrison do exactly that for me after receiving the order?

3rd- Why can't we manage the settlements the same way we manage the castle?

4th- Why does production shows as a negative number? I mean, took me a long while to understand that "Production: -6" meant I've got 6 production and not that my castle was slowly deteriorating.

5th-Within the "Manage castle" window, there should be an option to build a smithy within the castle, which should also add armors and weapons to the castle's shop which, if your clan owns that castle, you'd be allowed to buy at discounted prices.

6th- If you have "Fair Grounds" built in your castle, you should be allowed to organize events in your castle, and the same being done at NPC castles as well.
One suggested event would be "Jousting". A different form of tournament from the ones in the towns where you control only the lance with both horse and shield being automatic. Also, the normal tournament found in the city, where if you are the organizer, you not only can participate, but decide how many rounds, how many participants the form of each round (1x1, 2x2, 4x4x4x4, etc) and what modality (sword&shield, 2H Axe, Horse&Lance, etc)

7th- Within the "Manage Castle" window, it should be possible to build a Kitchen, while in the "Manage Village" you should be able to build Chicken Coops, Cow farms, and Sheep Farms. Maybe even a Hunters' Lodge.
Chicken Coops would add Eggs and Chicken Meat to that village's shop and also to the connected Town or Castle's shop, Cow Farms would add Meat, Leather and Milk while Sheep Farms would add Wool and Mutton. The Hunters' Lodge would add Leather, Meat and Fur.
All of which would raise tax profit.

8th- A Tailor could also be built in Villages and maybe even towns, which would enable in stores of all connected settlements Leather, Fur and Wool Clothing.
If a connected settlement has Cow Farms, Sheep Farms and/or Hunters' Lodges, the relative clothes to the products produced by what is connected would be lower.
So, in case you have only a Tailor built on a village, castle or town, the prices of clothing would X, if you have a Tailor built and a Cow Farms built on another settlement connected(bound to the same castle or town), the price of Leather clothing would be X -10% at the place the Tailor is and X -5% everywhere else that is bound and if the Tailor and the Cow Farms were built on the same village, the price of Leather clothing in that village would be X -25% while in bound settlements would be X -10%.

9th- Other things that could be built in Castles and Villages are "Inns and Taverns", which would raise that settlements taxation profitability and increase Smithy stamina recovery recovery which would also increase base smithy stamina recovery in cities, "Smithy", which would add tools, weapons and metal armors to the shops, always cheaper at the actual settlement it is built in comparison to those bound(transportation costs) and allow for the use of a Smithy in that village.

10th- "Medical Hut", buildable in towns, villages and castles which would raise Wounded soldiers recovery and player health recovery while spending time in that settlement.

11th- "Patrol Towers" buildable only in Castles and Towns.
After built, would spawn non-interactible towers within the bound territory and from time to time, would release 10 to 25 men small armies depending on the structure's level from the Castle/Town garrisons that would patrol the bound territory for bandits, looters and enemy armies and then come back to the town/castle.
Having one would also reduce and peel off bandit hideouts with time, maybe even completely eliminating them after some time. Creating a way to clear bandit hideouts without even going to where they are.

12th- "Market Place" would increase the quantity of each product in the castle/town/village shop and make more caravans come and go around.

13th- It should also be possible to recruit troops in castles, as not only the garrison lives there but people of the garrison could also want tojoin your troops. They should be Tier 3 or more most of the time as recruitable troops in a castle would most probably have received some form of training.

For now, I believe that is it.
Remembering that all of that would also be available to NPCs and the AI, which would make every settlement a bit more unique.

I truly hope the developers read this and consider, as I believe with my whole being that these would make the world feel overall more alive, besides increasing quality of life and mid-to-late game actions you can take regarding managing your territory, which would specially affect how we perceive villages and how important it would be to protect them from raiders and looters as they would destroy things and make you have to build everything again.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

deGoucan Scrolls Index

Last edited:
These are good ideas! making castle more prominent would be fun for players who don't/won't be able to win a large city. I was also a little confused when I went to my towns and tried to manage them but couldn't. I would be interested in how these new "mini" markets would impact the overall economy they have set up currently with all of the large cities.

These are good ideas! making castle more prominent would be fun for players who don't/won't be able to win a large city. I was also a little confused when I went to my towns and tried to manage them but couldn't. I would be interested in how these new "mini" markets would impact the overall economy they have set up currently with all of the large cities.

Thank you! ^^
And I also thought that would be really interesting.

With castles and villages being more economically active both in production and sales, the global economy would definitely be way more alive with prices varying even more and faster from region to region according to their specialties and what is built where.

Even though indeed towns are more prominent and important, most medieval towns started either as a village or a castle that grew economically and in strategical importance, so they should pay as much attention to villages and castles as they do to town a allow for managing a lot more as anyone who plays total war will tell you that even a small village can be more strategically more important than a big town when in regards to dominating a whole region.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

deGoucan Scrolls Index

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom