[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

Why does the victory progress screen say near the bottom "The Mystmountain tribes must either be Obliterated or Destroyed." On the sentence right after, it says that all minor factions must be Obliterated or Destroyed. Seems redundant?

so i was farming some noldor and got to -50 with them, and now i cant help them in battles anymore and cant raise relations with them, even though if they are fighting an enemy faction like sarleon, how do i befriend them again??????????????????

@Gorvex You were right, I've restarted the game till I got both Silvermist and Ebony Gauntlet spawned and the option appeared.
@JohnnyZhu You have a couple of books to read to boost the relationship with Noldor. When you reach -40, I think you can join fight on their side.

im at -65, so basically im screwed even if i read the book. and no i dont have a blunt weapon army to get minimum 4 per sortie, nor can i afford it. so tedious.
If You are a vassal and own a walled fief, You can suggest friendly lords to visit your castle and they should drop all the prisoners there.
Knighthood order patrols should do the same if You have a chapter in Your fief.

im at -65, so basically im screwed even if i read the book. and no i dont have a blunt weapon army to get minimum 4 per sortie, nor can i afford it. so tedious.
You're not screwed at all.

1) Gain a place to store prisoners, any castle or city will do. A village or the newly added hideout cannot store prisoners unfortunately. If you swear vassalage to Sarleon, they control useful castles near the Noldor border like Talonshield. Trade for these if you already own a different castle. If you own a city, trade the city for Laria since it's closest to the Noldor.

2) Relentlessly hunt down Noldor and just auto-calc the battles. They have a double auto-calc advantage, so be prepared to take losses. If you join a ongoing battle, they don't have the auto-calc advantage, but you get a smaller share of prisoners. Also remember that if you are going to join an existing battle, don't wait. If there's a 500 strong Noldor army but only 10/500 are still fighting, you don't get prisoner loot for the 490 that were wounded before you decided to help out.

3) Don't release Noldor prisoners immediately, save them all in the garrison you own. When you have 61+ Noldor prisoners, click the button to mass release them all at once! You will drop to -39, since relations can't be worse than -100.

4) Other boosts: There are 3 Noldor relation boosting books, each a one time +10 relations. Only one book can be bought from booksellers, the other books come from ownership of Ethos and Laria I think. Laria for sure has one of these books.

i own whitestag castle (rogue king) and founded a silvermist ranger chapter there for roleplaying purposes. I wanted to befriend them originally with silvermist rangers and noldor patrols. But now if the patrols fight each other, I doubt the silvermist rangers will EVER win against a noldor patrol and send the prisoners to my castle. I dont even have any lords.I wish there were more quests or content regarding helping the Noldor, and eventually maybe a major battle with noldorians saving pendor in massive battle against heretic demons and what not, since they seem to be the only capable warriors pendor has to fight off all the evil, the heroes pendor need but don't deserve. Until I become king ofcourse.

Last edited:
Whitestag castle is the absolute best!!! I managed to fend off a 2000 Sarleon combined forces with 175 + 200 garrison + 170 mercenaries. I had a few silvermist rangers and this castle was just made so ranged units can excel, honestly the BEST map ever. Even my combat medic Ansen got 47 kills with his siege crossbow. And I got to -45 with noldors and I could finally help them again, I guess threshold is above -50.

Are there any easy way to change the name of faction mid-game, or alter the background colour of name banners ? It's really tough for me to see the names of Lords etc. on the snow in Ravenstern area.

C6AC78FD9DC66EBC70CDEDE7646F4536BCD8CAFB

I have battle size at 450 but it never even goes to there for some reason. Also, How do I decrease lag in large battles? i have a ryzen 2700x and gtx1080ti
Restart the game (Warband.exe) when it starts to get laggy. It's inevitable after a while due to a memory leak issue of the base game. And maintain your PC well!

Melee items are unused and set as "unique", you don't need to touch them in any way. The three base ones are enough for eveything you may think of. As of Complete Arsenal, yeah, it would require adaptation. Here is adapted version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17csLc6FJvIkZPJWgGQ-2SjKuA7iMOrbZ/view

That's because there is no such helm in 3.9.5. If it was it would be present in item_kinds1.txt in the first place. Post an in-game screenshot of what helm you are trying to find.

I've added two of the three firearms from the above link to the Custom Knighthood Order equipment purchase menu with tweak 3f, but I haven't figured out how to add the pistol, as the option to choose from a list of pistols isn't present in the conversation menu. Does anyone know how to add a pistol dialogue option to the CKO equipment choices?

Back
Top Bottom