[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

@Dalion most of the troops share a common face that really has never been touched on since most of them are on a randomizer for a few faces. Lords and NPC's are the ones with unique facial looks and hair.

Them having a certain hair color doesn't mean anything. No one really looks at the hair on troops since, well, most are covered by helmets. This is certainly the first time I've seen this asked in being around this forum in practially 10 years.

Hello can someone tell me what is the texture file .dds for the "Old Helm With Dark Hood" Its something like +46 Head +1 Body armor. Can't find it anywhere to edit it.
Or if someone can point me to a list of reference between in-game object and .dds files, or any easy way to find it.
May be a dumb question but even googling it can't find any quick way. Tried using OpenBFR but you still have to go through opening file by file of groups and search there for some visual similarity.

common face that really has never been touched
I know, it is been there since 3.611 at least (the first version I played). Their face is randomized, it's only color that remains always the same. I fixed it in my game, I just wonder if this change doesn't break some lore statement and such.

you still have to go through opening file by file of groups and search there for some visual similarity
OpenBRF has a search on Ctrl+F. Open item_kinds1.txt, serach for the name you see in-game (don't forget to replace spaces with _), the last word before numbers begin is the mesh name, copy it and paste in search bar of OpenBRF.

Currently running a campaign on 3.9.4 , can I update to 3.9.5 and load my save ?
If I can load my save, will I miss out on specific things and will only a fresh start give me the full 3.9.5 expience ?
Thx!

Is it safe to add "The Complete Arsenal of Al-Aziz" to an existing save, provided I haven't yet gone to the mines?

Also, is there any tweak that would give some visible effect to Arquebus projectiles? A smoke trail or a visible projectile of some kind would be more satisfying to me than the current effect of enemies just falling over dead after gunfire sounds. While I recognize that visible musket balls may be generally unrealistic, I'm willing to forgo realism for the sake of making the Arquebus a bit more satisfying to use.

I know, it is been there since 3.611 at least (the first version I played). Their face is randomized, it's only color that remains always the same. I fixed it in my game, I just wonder if this change doesn't break some lore statement and such.

OpenBRF has a search on Ctrl+F. Open item_kinds1.txt, serach for the name you see in-game (don't forget to replace spaces with _), the last word before numbers begin is the mesh name, copy it and paste in search bar of OpenBRF.
Thanks so much for the reply, I will look it up. Thanks

Is it safe to add "The Complete Arsenal of Al-Aziz" to an existing save, provided I haven't yet gone to the mines?

Also, is there any tweak that would give some visible effect to Arquebus projectiles? A smoke trail or a visible projectile of some kind would be more satisfying to me than the current effect of enemies just falling over dead after gunfire sounds. While I recognize that visible musket balls may be generally unrealistic, I'm willing to forgo realism for the sake of making the Arquebus a bit more satisfying to use.
Arsenal of Al-Aziz: Yes, it's safe to add. Even if you've unlocked the mines already and bought something previously. It's 100% savegame compatible.

Arquebus: I'll look up what I can do.

Question:
How can I view exactly what my normal troops are wearing? I can view them in camp mode, but I want to know specifics on their armor and weapons, like when opening a companion inventory screen. I swear there was an option to do this in native or original mount and blade.

Theres a lot of different troop types so sometimes I want to compare and see which troops are suited for my party.

Arsenal of Al-Aziz: Yes, it's safe to add. Even if you've unlocked the mines already and bought something previously. It's 100% savegame compatible.

Arquebus: I'll look up what I can do.

Thank you, Gorvex! I'm excited to see what you might can come up with regarding the Arquebus, as well. I see that the mod page for the Complete Arsenal of Al-Aziz says that a complete stats list of items is listed on the Tweaks page, but I'm not sure if I've found what I'm looking for. I've found the listing of tweaks under Tweak 18,but I don't see the list of stats for the items included in the mod, unless it refers to the code in the manual installation guide. I was especially interested in learning whether any of the new hammers had the "crush through blocks" trait, but I'm not sure how to read the code to find that out. Again, I appreciate the help! Pendor is one of my favorite mods of all time, and I'm excited to see what these tweaks bring to the experience! Thanks!

Question:
How can I view exactly what my normal troops are wearing? I can view them in camp mode, but I want to know specifics on their armor and weapons, like when opening a companion inventory screen. I swear there was an option to do this in native or original mount and blade.

Theres a lot of different troop types so sometimes I want to compare and see which troops are suited for my party.
Check troops trees.

There is published lore on what happened to the Elven island. Here is the link: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...tales-of-pendor-backstory.54010/#post-1693780

Astrea is an Eliga. No, she is not the elf living with Qualis and the oracle.
Madigan has been dead a long time.
The Dwarves faded after the world transformation due to the events on the Elven Island. It is reasonable to assume that some of their craft was picked up by the humans of Mettenheim.

Tentatively for pop 4.0. The original concept was an Amala Expedition and it was decided to wait for Bannerlord and looking at the module system before moving in any specific direction.

There are multiple options, we are looking at them all.

Amala was to take place on the lands to the south of Pendor and would evolve the story line to have the child of the player in POP face and hopefully ultimately destroy Azi Dahaka. This would entail all new cultures, factions, maps etc.

A second option was to pick up after the death of Azi Dahaka and after the world has been shredded where the player starts to reclaim an empire from the ruins of Pendor, Barclay and Amala. This likely would entail extensive procedural generation.

A Third option was just to recreate POP in Bannerlord but to add more in-depth interaction between cultures, lords and minor factions.

Wow. I wasn't expecting a satisfying answer. Thank you very much ! I truly love your mod, especially the lore.

Thank you, Gorvex! I'm excited to see what you might can come up with regarding the Arquebus, as well. I see that the mod page for the Complete Arsenal of Al-Aziz says that a complete stats list of items is listed on the Tweaks page, but I'm not sure if I've found what I'm looking for. I've found the listing of tweaks under Tweak 18,but I don't see the list of stats for the items included in the mod, unless it refers to the code in the manual installation guide. I was especially interested in learning whether any of the new hammers had the "crush through blocks" trait, but I'm not sure how to read the code to find that out. Again, I appreciate the help! Pendor is one of my favorite mods of all time, and I'm excited to see what these tweaks bring to the experience! Thanks!
I guess you are the same guy who posted on the Wikia. The item stats are in the description of tweak 18 b) on the Tweaks page of the Wikia.

I guess you are the same guy who posted on the Wikia. The item stats are in the description of tweak 18 b) on the Tweaks page of the Wikia.

I've never posted on the wikia. I went straight to the section you just referenced, but I didn't see the "[Expand]" link for the "stats" section. Sorry about that.

I've never posted on the wikia. I went straight to the section you just referenced, but I didn't see the "[Expand]" link for the "stats" section. Sorry about that.
Oh, never mind then. I thought to myself that it mustn't be a coincidence that another guy just asked the same question on the Wikia. And no problem, I was thinking how else could I indicate the stats section, but couldn't find a better solution. I was afraid that the big wall of text would clutter the Nexusmods page, as I can't use expand/collapse functions there. But maybe I should just add it regardless, to the end of the page...

Oh, never mind then. I thought to myself that it mustn't be a coincidence that another guy just asked the same question on the Wikia. And no problem, I was thinking how else could I indicate the stats section, but couldn't find a better solution. I was afraid that the big wall of text would clutter the Nexusmods page, as I can't use expand/collapse functions there. But maybe I should just add it regardless, to the end of the page...

I understand. I think if you referenced "the collapsible 'stats' section in 'Tweak 18b" on the mod page, it would go a long way. When I read the reference on the mod page, it didn't occur to me to look for a collapsible link, and because my eyes were just scanning for item listings, it was fairly easy to miss. There is a ton of information on the page, after all.

Do you have any advice regarding my Arquebus request? I've used Morgh's Editor in the past, but it's been a very long time. Even then, I have very little concept of what my options might be in accomplishing what I'm trying to do or even if Morgh's is the right tool to explore in accomplishing it. I'd appreciate any insight you might have to offer.

Last edited:
Check troops trees.

Ahhh..that's the stuff, thanks. It's got like 95% of the information I'm looking for. I notice that there's a few troops not listed in the troop trees though, but that's an issue with the troop trees. Units like the Vanskerry affiliated Queen Agnus Freebooter, D'shar Omen Seekers, etc. Also missing are random AI knighthood order units, like in my game there are Steadfast Stag Knights. Surprisingly Red Brotherhood and Mystmountain units are also missing from the trees, that's kind of a shame since they've been in the game for awhile.

I understand. I think if you referenced "the collapsible 'stats' section in 'Tweak 18b" on the mod page, it would go a long way. When I read the reference on the mod page, it didn't occur to me to look for a collapsible link, and because my eyes were just scanning for item listings, it was fairly easy to miss. There is a ton of information on the page, after all.

Do you have any advise regarding my Arquebus request? I've used Morgh's Editor in the past, but it's been a very long time. Even then, I have very little concept of what my options might be in accomplishing what I'm trying to do or even if Morgh's is the right tool to explore in accomplishing it. I'd appreciate any insight you might have to offer.
In the end, I just added the stats to the end of the mod description on Nexus. Since you were not the first to ask. The problem with mentioning any kind of exact things (like tweak 18 b) is that I rearrange things if there's a better order for them . In which case, I probably won't be able to remember all the links.

I didn't have time for it yet, but making the bullet actually visible won't be possible directly I'm afraid due its small size and high velocity. They are visible, it's just that you can't really see them because of that. Adding a lengthened blur effect would be highly unrealistic too (you'd feel like you are in the Matrix and from sideways, it would look like a black/silver laser beam fired). Adding a smoke trail would probably be the best approach, but that would also feel "matrixy" a bit.

Ahhh..that's the stuff, thanks. It's got like 95% of the information I'm looking for. I notice that there's a few troops not listed in the troop trees though, but that's an issue with the troop trees. Units like the Vanskerry affiliated Queen Agnus Freebooter, D'shar Omen Seekers, etc. Also missing are random AI knighthood order units, like in my game there are Steadfast Stag Knights. Surprisingly Red Brotherhood and Mystmountain units are also missing from the trees, that's kind of a shame since they've been in the game for awhile.
To get all info get editor from my signature or Morgh's one.

Back
Top Bottom