Poll: Should the range on thrown weapons be reduced?

Should the range on thrown weapons be reduced?

• Yes reduce the range on all thrown weapons

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Yes reduce range on all non Javelin thrown weapons (and look at the range on Javelins a bit as well)

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • No I like it as it is

Votes: 66 54.1%
  • Other, please specify below

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

When I throw a javelin it travels about six feet and the falls to the ground. When an NPC throws one at me it flies across the battlefield like a homing missile and strikes me in the head. I think the range and accuracy of NPC throwing weapons needs to be looked at.

Are you talking about ai or multiplayer? Some people in multiplayer cheat. When you use throwing weapons you have to aim very high. Ive seen some people just look straight and be able to throw very far.

Singleplayer, of course. I can't play multiplayer because it doesn't work for the betas, when it works there's no players. I don't want to re-roll versions just to play multiplayer.

When I throw a javelin it travels about six feet and the falls to the ground. When an NPC throws one at me it flies across the battlefield like a homing missile and strikes me in the head. I think the range and accuracy of NPC throwing weapons needs to be looked at.

>Defending a city during a siege
>Standing on the tallest tower
>Gets headshot from a javelin from a troop near the enemies spawn

10wz25.jpg

...so, nobody has the working numbers on what the actual in-game range is?

I think this is one of the reasons why balancing things is difficult, and things don't get "fixed" as fast as we want.
We talk a lot about what's wrong, but we don't ever prove it is actually wrong.

We're discussing the "problems" of the range of thrown weapons, and yet, none of us know the actual range.

Back
Top Bottom