SP - General PLEASE STOP THE WARS EVERY 2 MINUTES I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

Users who are viewing this thread

Clearly nobody knows the reasons for war declarations, the decision making system is obscure and as it is right now it seems too chaotic. After reading some threads I have started to think that there is a system down there, but it does not work properly because the variables it use for decisions have increased over the thresholds. I also think the system is not completed by the way. But with Lords with millions in cash and 50k influence and some capabilities to create men from nothing the result is a constant war as AI does not need recovery time. TW is totally aware of this and trying some changes in the system to give us a better experience so let's wait for new patches and give them valuable feedback.

I have been also thinking in "Casus Belli" reasons. The rulers and the nobles have personality traits that should be used in their decision making algorithms. It should define how frequent they go to war (or vote for war), how long the keep peace or betray a peace treaty just signed, if they release prisoners after a won battle, and so on. Apart from that they should decide with some logic we can understand and if possible not everyone with the same behavior so the personality traits become useless.

Certain trait combinations should define the behavior, for example:
- Daring + Cruel: Conqueror behavior, so the ruler declares war to expand territory once the territory owned is safe and prosperous.
- Honorable + Mercy: Savior behavior, so the ruler engages nations snowballing and tries to defend the weak and balance the game.

Of course, Rulers should try to Avenge any conquest unless they are Cautious (or at least cautious rulers should wait more time to be very well prepared for a war campaign).

After a peace agreement it should be a truce time, but I feel logic some Lords (specially Devious ones) can betray and declare war right after taking the money (now every ruler is doing this with no penalty). Breaking the truce time should be possible but it should carry consequences, every Honorable Lord should react, it should lead to desertion of honorable lords in their kingdom, and war declaration from honorable rulers (saviors?)

The system have all the pieces to be great, let's wait if TW makes them fit together.

Warband had an (unintended) system where you as the player could declare a limited war with the enemy, even while being a vassal, and it wouldn't drag in the rest of your kingdom. I think overall the player needs a lot more control over how wars are conducted and a lot more forewarning as to when theyre going to happen. It's silly how the king just randomly declares war and then suddenly everyone in the world knows that the war is on and you get jumped by a lord you were previously neutral with.

Back
Top Bottom