Please Re-enable Team Damage on Siege and TDM 🙏🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Playing yesterday with team damage was great, first time I’ve had this much fun on public servers.

It’s so hard to enjoy siege when archers can just shoot into combat and players roam in deathballs without having to worry about teamkilling or block.

I thought it was a great decision, don't know why it was rolled back. It's an entirely different and much better game with friendly fire on. It's been years at this point, maybe it's time to take off the kiddie wheels from the official servers? I understand that TW doesn't want to waste time and manpower administrating the servers, and FF makes it easy for trolls to ruin the game for others by deliberately teamwounding.It's the only reason I can think of why friendly fire wasn't always on by default on official servers.

100% I thought it solved so many of the issues the tdm server suffers from. Heartbroken to see its reverted back to big blobs of swinging weapons.

The terrible spawning system was solved by having team damage on. It was nolonger a death sentence spawning near a group.

You guys made tdm great and I had high hopes that it would continue. Now that excitement is gone.

We indeed opened it up for a short-while to test it. We're looking at enabling it again.
I think most peoples annoyance with FF is the fact your allies can grief you. Could you try reflective FF instead? That was always a fan-favourite in warband. It came with all the benefits of FF (stopping wild blobs of players) whilst also punishing the player who made the error (rather then the poor bloke who got in the way by mistake).

IMPO Something like 20-25%% reflective FF damage is enough to prevent wild-swinging, whilst still keeping games fast.

SjprS.gif

I played siege for a while and saw nothing like that. I saw a couple of idiots who were probably friends constantly dueling in spawn for one map. Out of 100 players there was shockingly little tw and tk, even accidental. I was convinced that the average player would be too dumb and/or too much of a troll to deal with FF and I was pleasantly proven wrong.

There's always going to be the occasional braindead troll, people are just going to have to self-police and report them en masse if they are truly disruptive. It wont get them banned straight away but it will get them banned.

I think it's great but for public servers you need to have more punishments for team killing.
Perhaps make team damage especially for ranged mostly reflective.

FF enabled is great.

But...
With free team picking, trolls will rage cheat and change team to TK. I join the siege server when FF was on, I didnt knew it was on and 3-
5seconds in, some random named team mate begang to just spam TD me, I was like both surprised that FF was enabled but also surprised how fast he was at focusing me. I ran away but he followed me to TK.

The players that know how to swing will be on Discord against the solo players who doesnt know how to swing/accidently TD/TK.

We have votes that we dont need and we dont have the votes we need, vote kick is a feat. that is needed in a FF enabled environment.
Problem with vote kicks is that Discord crowd will all agree to vote kick good players just like they harrash them on a daily basis.

I did not play bannerlord with teamdamage yet. But I always missed it. It is an important feature making the game more strategic and bearable. Mindlessly swinging around is not in any way skillfull or fun to watch.
If devs are afraid of teamkillers, just add a punish button, which the victim can decide to use to kill the TK.

FF enabled is great.

But...
With free team picking, trolls will rage cheat and change team to TK. I join the siege server when FF was on, I didnt knew it was on and 3-
5seconds in, some random named team mate begang to just spam TD me, I was like both surprised that FF was enabled but also surprised how fast he was at focusing me. I ran away but he followed me to TK.

The players that know how to swing will be on Discord against the solo players who doesnt know how to swing/accidently TD/TK.

We have votes that we dont need and we dont have the votes we need, vote kick is a feat. that is needed in a FF enabled environment.
Problem with vote kicks is that Discord crowd will all agree to vote kick good players just like they harrash them on a daily basis.
I don’t think people will maliciously coordinate to votekick in casual modes much for it to be an issue

I think that's Harkius, guy is delusionally obsessed with Discord and thinks anyone on pub servers with a clan tag is constantly coordinating conspiracies specifically targetting him.

I think that's Harkius, guy is delusionally obsessed with Discord and thinks anyone on pub servers with a clan tag is constantly coordinating conspiracies specifically targetting him.
Funny, I think this as well. Maybe we are right then....? Did you ever consider this? (I dont think you ever consider that you may be wrong, but entertain me)

Back
Top Bottom