Pixel streams aoe2

Users who are viewing this thread

I was going to do that and some MP matches. I've played through the first two missions of the Mali campaign and I have to say I'm impressed with the work they put into it and the Africa scenery. I'll definitely stream one.

As for the MP matches I happen to have a recorded game as Berbers that's a really intense match. I wanted to do a recorded game of each new civ (including the Portuguese on a water map which is new for my streams) but the Portuguese match didn't go well because the other team didn't put up much of a fight so I'll have to do another one. I didn't have time last night to finish a Malian and Ethiopian game online but I really like how the Malians look.

Unfortunately I won't be able to stream today or tomorrow because some things came up (I'm not at my house, basically) but I'll play a few matches with the new civs and show them off Sunday or so.

Since I can't stream I'll give a little outline of my impressions of the new civs though:

I really want to try the Malians in a flush, because that extra pierce armor for infantry is insanely cool. Archers don't counter Malian men at arms especially if you get scale mail. They even get Squires! Other than that, I'm a big fan of archer civs and the Malians' archers are terrible. They miss Bracer. Because they miss bracer they have really bad skirmishers but I guess you don't really need skirmishers as often since your infantry have good pierce armour, just short of a huskarl really and able to kill something other than archers.

My impression of the Berbers is that they have the best knight rush in the game (they just have to research bloodlines unlike the Franks) and I was able to make use of that in the recorded game I'll stream when I can. Knights being 20% cheaper is soooooo good especially since they have bloodlines. Kinda weird since the Berbers were known for light cavalry / camels if anything, historically, but their good cavalry is mostly a Castle Age thing as far as I can tell.
I guess you could argue the Huns are still better at knight rushes but I dunno, -20% off cavalry costs feels more powerful than 20% faster working stables.

I dunno if I like the Ethiopians but their siege weapons might be interesting to play with because of Torsion Engines. Their UU seems kinda goofy though. I haven't seen them as much yet so I don't really have anything formulated.

The Portuguese have a lot in common with the Spanish because gunpowder units can be affected by ballistics, though the Spanish ones are still better because of the fire rate. The -15% gold thing is crazy cool. I'm skeptical about the Feitoria building, but since it gives you a constant trickle of stone, and your units are cheaper in gold, and your bombard towers are better because of the Arquebus unique tech, I can see 1-2 feitorias giving you enough stone to make loads of bombard towers and sustain that for longer than other civs can.

Planning to stream when I get home from work (~11:30 am PST). Will include the recorded games of the matches I did against Urgrevling, along with a couple other interesting ones with pubs.

Yeah. I would've streamed sometime in the last week but during the holiday sale on steam I bought like 10 games.
The plan also was originally to stream whenever I got home from work but lately all I feel like doing when I get home is sleeping. But yeah I want to stream more often. For one thing it gives me a reason to watch my old recorded games which lets me analyze them in greater detail which in itself helps me learn.

Back
Top Bottom