Patch Notes v1.2.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone else find that non-clan leader parties and parties in your clan barely recruit troops?

Also does army behaviour seem worse than previous version to anyone else. Armies seem to never defend besieged settlements anymore

Last edited:
Does anyone else find that non-clan leader parties and parties in your clan barely recruit troops?

Also does army behaviour seem worse than previous version to anyone else. Armies seem to never defend besieged settlements anymore

My own clan parties pretty much topped off at all times. I experienced some AI clans struggle, but they also come across as poor clans, so could be a income issue for their clan.

my faction AI has 90% of lords voting to pay tribute to end the war against weaker factions. their reasoning is that we have too many enemies, yet shortly before this happened they voted to declare war against Sturgia whom we're not paying tribute to, but they refused to declare war against a weak Western Empire whom we're paying 3k tribute. the net result is that we're now at -4k tribute yet we're powerful enough to have waited it out for better deals. the AI is just not prioritizing/valuing the right things here

I7NP2wQ.jpeg

my faction AI has 90% of lords voting to pay tribute to end the war against weaker factions. their reasoning is that we have too many enemies, yet shortly before this happened they voted to declare war against Sturgia whom we're not paying tribute to, but they refused to declare war against a weak Western Empire whom we're paying 3k tribute. the net result is that we're now at -4k tribute yet we're powerful enough to have waited it out for better deals. the AI is just not prioritizing/valuing the right things here

I7NP2wQ.jpeg
Yup, that’s why diplomacy needs a big change/upgrade, it’s really annoying what the ai decides to do

TW devs, please accept a bug report.
I'm getting NullReferenceException (game crash), when I start battle as part of NPC army, siege mode.
The bug happens here:

TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameComponents.DefaultBattleCaptainModel.GetCaptainRatingForTroopUsages(Hero hero, ...)

Because the hero argument is null, hence causes the NullReferenceException.
It's something related to caching captain data for formations etc.
When I started battle, the method was called multiple times with the hero argument = null, some of the calls contained reference to actual participant heroes.

Yeah, never had it worse than these last a few patches. Armies only consider their own strength versus besieging army, I assume, hence it's quite common to see three 500 men armies walk by a besieged settlement by one 600 men army. I can't understand how they manage to keep getting this worse by every patch.

Yeah, never had it worse than these last a few patches. Armies only consider their own strength versus besieging army, I assume, hence it's quite common to see three 500 men armies walk by a besieged settlement by one 600 men army. I can't understand how they manage to keep getting this worse by every patch.
Exactly. I never see armies defend besieged settlements anymore and barely see armies team up to besiege towns. I can pretty much besiege with impunity because no AI armies will try to stop me, barely have battles against armies.

Army AI used to be good, what happened?

Back
Top Bottom