Patch Notes v1.2.9

Users who are viewing this thread

v1.2.9 (08/02/24)​

• Fixed a crash that occurred due to an invalid quest issue running in the background.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the crash uploader from working.
  • Reduced saving time by ~50% on all platforms.

v1.2.9 (08/02/24)​

• Fixed a crash that occurred due to an invalid quest issue running in the background.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the crash uploader from working.
  • Reduced saving time by ~50% on all platforms.
Thanks for the update!

People just don’t know how to be grateful
Pretty sure TW was given plenty of grace over the years. If it was kept in early access/beta stage (given its current state still), sure, benefit of the doubt; every studio has their own pace/issues to contend with.
Official release in the sorry state it was in for full sale for PC and 2 gen of consoles (in hopes of 'double dipping' probably), I can't stand for; especially with that 'companion DLC' too at that time.

I'm following this 'Foundation' game for years now, it's not 'finished' last I checked, but it's still EA so it is what it is. Imagine if something like Sons of the Forest 'officially released' a couple months ago in the (unfinished) state it was in; that's what TW did with BL ~1.5 years ago.

We're still working on bringing the Consoles to the v1.2.9. No ETA at the moment.
Thank you for the update, you all are very much appreciated! Love the work and effort put into this game! It’s a lot of fun! I know it can’t always be easy doing what you all do, so thank you for hours of fun, enjoyment, and just a really good game to just get out of your head and time to just be in your own world.

I have a question about getting knocked out in combat. Assuming Birth and Death on and combat deaths off, does getting knocked out have any affect on eventual death from old age, disease, or injuries? TIA

I have a question about getting knocked out in combat. Assuming Birth and Death on and combat deaths off, does getting knocked out have any affect on eventual death from old age, disease, or injuries? TIA
Getting knocked down during battle does not affect the eventual death (you don't die earlier due to it etc.).

Getting knocked down during battle does not affect the eventual death (you don't die earlier due to it etc.).
when you guys going to review all the protections against death that's in place now, making it impossible? With all the proper armor and perks, the chances are less than 0.01

The "coming of age" notification of your initial siblings doesn't seem to work with 1.2.9. At least doesn't for me on a new campaign on 1.2.9.

Please for the love of god increase the overall death rate in battles we participate in, or better yet, provide the player with a slider between 1% - 10% chance of death in (non auto-resolve) battles.

Birth & death is what gives the game the stakes it needs, but with such a miniscule death chance, it gives players no reason to care about things that are seemingly unrelated like randomly generated companions. Since these companions & family members die very rarely (once in several playthroughs), they just feel like stat dumps.

Becoming the king of our faction due to the death of the current ruler (which we also need to be able to accomplish without the death of the ruler and also have a way to kill the ruler of the faction we are part of) is almost completely dependant on the RNG of them dying from old age, which takes years of in game time, if it even happens in the first place.

Losing a battle or acting recklessly has nearly no consequences other than making the player grind by recruiting and training new troops.

Such a low death chance seriously negatively affects the gameplay experience. So PLEASE, I'm begging TaleWorlds to reconsider the death chance - give the players the ability to increase or decrease the death chance in battle. The miniscule death chance is currently one of my biggest gripes with Bannerlord, along with;

- Lack of proper diplomacy (both inter and intra kingdoms, as well as unbalanced policies which are always good or bad to have)

- Lack of dynastic features due to children taking too long to reach adulthood & every clan having massive amount of people in a few generations rather than having a relatively stable number of people (make the day/night cycle 1/3 shorter and decrease the number of days in a year to 40, decrease the number of NPC pregnancy chance overall)

- Lack of meaningful interactions with NPCs (which an increase to the death chance would massively help in giving the player a reason to give a damn about lords & companions).

Remedying the low death chance (& the high birth chance) along with the slow passage of time would improve the game substantially, for very little effort.

Last edited:
Please for the love of god increase the overall death rate in battles we participate in, or better yet, provide the player with a slider between 1% - 10% chance of death in (non auto-resolve) battles.

Birth & death is what gives the game the stakes it needs, but with such a miniscule death chance, it gives players no reason to care about things that are seemingly unrelated like randomly generated companions. Since these companions & family members die very rarely (once in several playthroughs), they just feel like stat dumps.

Becoming the king of our faction due to the death of the current ruler (which we also need to be able to accomplish without the death of the ruler and also have a way to kill the ruler of the faction we are part of) is almost completely dependant on the RNG of them dying from old age, which takes years of in game time, if it even happens in the first place.

Losing a battle or acting recklessly has nearly no consequences other than making the player grind by recruiting and training new troops.

Such a low death chance seriously negatively affects the gameplay experience. So PLEASE, I'm begging TaleWorlds to reconsider the death chance - give the players the ability to increase or decrease the death chance in battle. The miniscule death chance is currently one of my biggest gripes with Bannerlord, along with;

- Lack of proper diplomacy (both inter and intra kingdoms, as well as unbalanced policies which are always good or bad to have)

- Lack of dynastic features due to children taking too long to reach adulthood & every clan having massive amount of people in a few generations rather than having a relatively stable number of people (make the day/night cycle 1/3 shorter and decrease the number of days in a year to 40, decrease the number of NPC pregnancy chance overall)

- Lack of meaningful interactions with NPCs (which an increase to the death chance would massively help in giving the player a reason to give a damn about lords & companions).

Remedying the low death chance (& the high birth chance) along with the slow passage of time would improve the game substantially, for very little effort.

Alot of this seems like you want a real hardcore experience, and I'm not sure that the masses is into that ehem
Some of them I can agree with like a slider, so the players can choose.

I agree with most of the other points though, but they would also need to decrease the time it takes to get skilled up.
Atm some of the skills is really grindy, while others move up too fast.

Alot of this seems like you want a real hardcore experience, and I'm not sure that the masses is into that ehem
Some of them I can agree with like a slider, so the players can choose.

I agree with most of the other points though, but they would also need to decrease the time it takes to get skilled up.
Atm some of the skills is really grindy, while others move up too fast.
I want the option of a more hardcore experience to be more accurate (with a slider). I fully understand that the vast majority of players prefer a more casual experience, and I respect that. We also have the option to disable death & aging already, so that won't be a problem.

Yeah, some skills are grindy, I agree with that. One thing I suggested a while ago (but people here didn't like it as far as I remember), was allocating all of the character's attribute points after character creation; we would have the points allocated by character creation choices and we would get around 12 attribute points iirc (the default number of attribute points given at the start + 8 attribute points if we estimate the average level of an endgame character is around 32) points for the player to choose where to put (we would still have the +1 attribute perks in athletics & smithing as well). I believe that attributes reflect the innate talent of a character, so they should be set at the start. The ability to optimize the player's attribute points would improve the rate of levelling them up greatly. Of course, some skills that are grindy like tactics and trade should level up faster by default. If the attribute change isn't enough, by all means, level up speed can be changed.

Weird, it worked for me on 1.2.8, but on new campagin on 1.2.9 it didn't. Only noticed they came of age because had a character that needed to assign skil for.
I am not a pro by any means. Just know it worked for me. Do you have any mods installed? Anything that can explain it?

I want the option of a more hardcore experience to be more accurate (with a slider). I fully understand that the vast majority of players prefer a more casual experience, and I respect that. We also have the option to disable death & aging already, so that won't be a problem.

Yeah, some skills are grindy, I agree with that. One thing I suggested a while ago (but people here didn't like it as far as I remember), was allocating all of the character's attribute points after character creation; we would have the points allocated by character creation choices and we would get around 12 attribute points iirc (the default number of attribute points given at the start + 8 attribute points if we estimate the average level of an endgame character is around 32) points for the player to choose where to put (we would still have the +1 attribute perks in athletics & smithing as well). I believe that attributes reflect the innate talent of a character, so they should be set at the start. The ability to optimize the player's attribute points would improve the rate of levelling them up greatly. Of course, some skills that are grindy like tactics and trade should level up faster by default. If the attribute change isn't enough, by all means, level up speed can be changed.
You should if you are on pc try out Vanillaplus, there is ehem alot of lords dying there - read captured lords have a high risk of beheading under condtions heh.

the other aspect is that the leveling is tht much better, 0 grindy feel even for those slow-mo skills you mention.

I personally tend to be higher than lvl 32 in endgame, so I wouldnt want to have it limited, but I think the way some of the skills levels is just not good at all.

Trade is way too slow, or the endgame one which we would like is tied to far up the tree, I'm saying even as low as 150 would be better, or tbh no restrictions on tradeing fiefs at all(feels really forced)..

Tactics, I've beaten 150 lords in battles, I have beaten 100's more bandit parties.. but yup I got 60 tactics(ok ok maybe not that low, but you get hte joke)(it dont feel rewarding enough).

Meanwhile some skills just speed away playing the game casually - stewardship, scouting, leadership to some degree.

Tbh the system of how we gain skills etc vs how it was in Warband feels abit backwards in a sense, its another one of those "good idea on paper" but not well executed.
Most of the skils should have 2 or 3x the rate they have now.

Back
Top Bottom